No announcement yet.

New "Ancient Empires" PBEM created

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gakkk! Sorry for the loooooong delay.....posting shortly!
    To La Fayette, as fine a gentleman as ever trod the Halls of Apolyton

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

• The somnolent minions of Egypt, grown torpid, mayhap, under the burning benevolence of Ra's gaze, have at long last continued their varios journey's and adventures.

It seems the world is becoming a far more populous place, as Egyptians have encountered their Assyrian brethren twice in the vast western deserts, skirted several dangerous barbarian tribes, and broken bread with our Hittite comrades outside the walls of Pithom, and upon the banks of a great northern river.
      Attached Files

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

• absence
        I will be out of the net next week, I will come on next Sunday night or on Monday night...

barbs
        I think the white player has an advantage concerning barbs: he can watch their movement and can 'defend' his cities by letting them empty and paying the tribute.
        So I propose a rule that asks the white player to try not to watch barb movement and forbids him to pay the tribute.

BTW, I can imagine a formidable way of cheating for Zedd: to reload starts of his turns so that barb hordes fall near enemies or other disagreable players
        Zedd, I am sending you 50 gold for your good health.
        Civ2 "Great Library Index": direct download, Apolyton attachment

Comment

• Rest assured there will be none of that.

I never re-load a game to change an outcome, to me the challenge of the game is in the events. (Such as life, and we can't re-load that either. )

And I will stress the independence and strength of the hatta people, We would rather fight to the last man than walk away from our treasured homes, and would pay no ransom save the blood of our attackers.
          Wizards sixth rule:
          "The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is reason."
          Can't keep me down, I will CIV on.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowThinker

barbs
            I think the white player has an advantage concerning barbs: he can watch their movement and can 'defend' his cities by letting them empty and paying the tribute.
            So I propose a rule that asks the white player to try not to watch barb movement and forbids him to pay the tribute.

BTW, I can imagine a formidable way of cheating for Zedd: to reload starts of his turns so that barb hordes fall near enemies or other disagreable players
            Zedd, I am sending you 50 gold for your good health.
            are you not becoming a bit absessed with the cheating possibilities ST?

BTW, I'm quite sure if you leave your cities undefended (does that sounds familiar?) and leave enough gold in your treasury, your AI could as well 'pay off' the barbs when they roam the Babylonian lands in between the Minoan and Hittite turns .

and like Zedd has said: reloading is not allowed in any case,so your point is moot.
            "post reported"Winston, on the barricades for freedom of speech
            "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

• Sadly, I don't believe Barbarians are going to become an issue. By now we definitely should have seen a horde or two. But should they arise, the bad news is that they'll undoubtedly impact only the white player. Just guessing here, but since Barb activity occurs prior to the white player's turn, and since horde locations generally target the human player, and since when the Barbs move the Hittites ARE the human player........

Hmmm, maybe that's the historical explanation for the early extermination of the Hittite Empire?

Comment

• A group of Persian skirmishers drank too much in a small village north of Godin. After they refused to leave, the villagers decided to throw them out at any cost. The people of Godin fear that the villagers may march against their city sooner or later.
                Attached Files
                Follow the masses!
                30,000 lemmings can't be wrong!

Comment

• Greece overdue.
                  "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

• Did the "Control N" thing for the Greeks.
                    I have also sent a message of reminder to kengel, hopefully he can play his turn normally without needing this save to be used.

Sidenote: I notice that La Fayette is next, and have not seen any sign of him in several weeks (which is unlike La Fayette) anyone with any idea if he is away or otherwise incapacitated?
                    Attached Files
                    "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

• Thanks, Sparrowhawk
                      Sorry, guys, I was away for some days. You need to be well prepared to celebrate the 1st of may here
                      Back now & able to play my turn tonight, but if La Fayette is ready more early: Go ahead please!

Comment

• Just in time
                        No big news on greek territory...
                        Ctrl-N alone would not have thrown back the folk of the wine drinker
                        Attached Files

Comment

• Seems I am doing this a lot lately, but it also seems that La Fayette has gone missing from Apolyton for at least the last couple weeks (which is unlike him).

Here is the minoan save (with Control N used), hopefully La Fayette returns before Zedd can play, but I have posted this as the 72 hours is up (I think )

Note: I will also send a PM to La Fayette in hopes that he sees this before Zedd
                          Attached Files
                          "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

• Thanks

since the 3-day pace proves to be impossible to maintain, why don't we forget about it?

Comment

• We do need some kind of deadline, otherwise the game will simply fade away (the fate of many PBEMs). 3 days works for most people most of the time, and in practice - even after Sparrowhawk posts the control-n save - the next person usually waits a day or so out of courtesy. So I recommend we retain the "official" limit, even if it isn't always adhered to in practice.

Comment

• I agree with Kull.
                                Follow the masses!
                                30,000 lemmings can't be wrong!

Comment

Working...
                                X