No announcement yet.

New "Ancient Empires" PBEM created

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The hustle and bustle about the palace, indeed all of Hattusas, is both exciting and unnerving. Servants of the royal family are talking about the eminent return of their King, and they are doing everything they can to give him a great welcome. There are new tapestries in the Great Room, and the citizens of Iconion have begun building a great wonder for their king with people flocking in from cities all around to help in its construction.

The Assyrian Volunteers have built the city of New Tarsis, Well inside the Hittite boarder but near to their friends in Assyria, here they hope to establish commerce with their neighbors.

Perhaps this city shall be MY legacy
    Attached Files
    Wizards sixth rule:
    "The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is reason."
    Can't keep me down, I will CIV on.

Comment

• bab 2980 BC

A red tiny man came from a hut, fortunately one only.
      Attached Files
      Civ2 "Great Library Index": direct download, Apolyton attachment

Comment

• To honour his father and his father's achievements, King Imsu has decided to rename the Great Harbour in the west.

A group of horsemen has been brutally slaughtered in the southern desert by the enourmous barbarian force that had surrounded them. Its impossible to tell how many barbarians fell in the battle, but nomadic tribes tell stories of vultures so fat, who are not able to lift themselves of the face of the earth anymore.

surrounded horsemen, and their fate as reported roaming nomads

Assyrian cities experience increasing demographic pressure. Citizens grow restless, and several Gouvernors have requested for additional garrisons to be stationed in their provinces. In response, the King has ordered massive troop movements throughout the empire.
        Fresh trainees from the Royal Barracks will strengthen the King's rule, while irregular forces are formed under the command of local Gouvernours, employing many disgruntled citizens.
        In addition, the constructon of several structures is ordered in the larger cities, funded by the Royal Treasury.
        Imsu the Benevolent will return the peoples taxes in marble and crafted wood, to add to the splendour of the local communities.

The establishment of a comprehensive peace with King Minos has resulted in a significant change in attitude among Assyria's armed forces and their High Command. Minoans should find Assyrian scouts receptive, and should be offered shelter and refreshments.

[edit]
        Damn, how come the .jpg is shown as a link,and does not show the picture as such anymore? [/edit]
        [edit #731] Locutus [/edit]
        Attached Files
        Last edited by germanos; April 24, 2004, 06:09.
        "post reported"Winston, on the barricades for freedom of speech
        "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

• Kull?

Just a bump, Things here have been dead and Id hate for this game to suffer as others have.
          Wizards sixth rule:

Comment

• an e-mail has been send upon posting my turn here, as is my costum
            "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

• Seems like a good custom, I think i will adopt it myself.
              Wizards sixth rule:

Comment

• I was as slow as Kull this turn and got no bump

Comment

• It's nothing against Kull, and really he still had plenty of time. I was just on a BUMP rampage today and didn't want to leave this game out

Clarification:
                  By "things have been dead here lately" i meant the general Apolyton community from my POV. This game has been going spectacularly and Is Great fun IMO.
                  Wizards sixth rule:

Comment

• Oh Crap!

Just poking my nose in to look around. Hadn't time to do anything with Civ but in culling files transfered from the old computer I found some screenshots of a solo game on barb wrath undertaken to familiarize myself with the scenario.

The 4 shots are about 10 turns apart. In the upper left corner the hilighted tile is the spawning point. In the second and third, additional spawn points erupted in the black area. In the last shot a spawn point was right on the upper edge of the black area iirc.

Since I haven't seen any evidence of hordes like this, is the current MP game truly under barb wrath, or just raging hordes?
                    Attached Files
                    (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                    (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                    (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• germanos, you should be able to go to your downloads screen and copy a direct link to the file instead of the view link.
                      (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                      (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                      (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• HOLY CRAP!!!

Thats a HORDE.

Did the palace guard hold up? Looks like I would have been over-run. I have played this as a SP game and not seen anything like that!?!
                        Wizards sixth rule:

Comment

• Could the absence of Hordes be caused by
                          [list=a][*]Prince level, instead of Deity? (as suggested by Kull)[*]Rapid expension, which usually decreases barb activity, and thus Hordes as well[*]sheer luck [/list=a]

Oh, and straybow: it seems the new upload feature requires a different aproach to displaying uploaded pics. It can be done, but I haven't figured it out yet.

Comment

• /me predicts that the hordes are coming ......prepare for them if you wish to survive ....wait at your own peril. If you wait for them to appear before you prepare.....it will be too late!

Edit: On realizing that Kull was beyond the 72 hour limit, I attempted to open the save in order to post a "control-n" save, but was stopped by the password. While I have other passwords, I do not have the Egyptian password (double checked my PM's to be sure).

Not sure what to do, hopefully Kull appears and all will be well.
                            Last edited by Sparrowhawk; April 21, 2004, 18:48.
                            "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

• thanks Sparrowhawk

Stephan is up now, I'll send him an e-mail.

The 72 hour rule is effective, despite the fact Egypt cannot be Ctrl-N'ed. It is the responsability of the players to send you their passwords if they want their civ's to have a caretaker in their abscence. If I remeber correctly, this was agreed to when the idea of Ctrl-N was accepted.

Comment

• The 72-hour rule: From other side I noticed also opinions that Ctrl-N is always suggested since a civ under an AI government may spoil also other civs... I have no experience with PBEM, but isn't there a risk that we will skip Kull now and next week Imsu will find out that Egyptian AI started a war against him? Or production was changed...?

I tested our settings (barb wrath, king) on a premade (small) map in the SoG folder. It really looks that "something" should start soon.

Originally posted by germanos
                                thanks Sparrowhawk
                                Stephan is up now, I'll send him an e-mail.
                                A horde between Persian and Assyrian territory?

Comment

Working...
                                X