No announcement yet.

New "Ancient Empires" PBEM created

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It looks the AI changed workers after I loaded Hittite save and the AI 'finished' Hitite turn...
    In 3110 I set password with Yaroslav's utility. But I didn't use it in 3100. I don't use any other tool that writes in a save or memory (I think also a hypothetical bug in Lazy Civ might cause this). I use only Civ2Beakers - it reads file only.
    I think my relocation occured during La Fayette's move, not Steve's.

Imperialism 1870 - can you post a link to the correct page? I suppose thread is long...

Test
    germanos, I will play again my turn - in one test I will replay my turn, in other test I will just Ctrl-N and not to move. Check your e-mail.
    Civ2 "Great Library Index": direct download, Apolyton attachment

Comment

• Re: Test

ST: BOTH saves are 'correct' this time!

NO change in production/ worker allocation at all.

"post reported"Winston, on the barricades for freedom of speech
      "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

• I didn't manage cities. I will try to produce more saves.

I suppose you tried to reload repeatedly that 'bad' save?

Comment

• ST:

yes, I repeatedly loaded the bad save

I took the save you attached on your e-mail. I'll try to download the save you posted on Poly to see if there is any difference.
          "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

• This has been reported in other PBEM's aswell, I think that Lazyciv is supposed to solve the problem
            "Whoever thinks freely, thinks well"
            -Rigas Velestinlis (Ferraios)
            "...êáé ô' üíïìá ôçò, ôï ãëõêý, ôï ëÝãáíå Áñåôïýóá..."
            "I have a cunning plan..." (Baldric)

Comment

• It is the same file.

Comment

• ST,
                the save here on Poly is as 'bad' as the one I received by e-mail, so we can rule out a 'screw-up' while transfering the file.

Comment

• To ST:

See for Imperialism 1870: screwed worker-allocation

Here it had happened for the second time, and since this turn, ALL of my following turns I have had workers being displaced.

To Tanelorn:
                  LazyCiv tackles a different problem: the Items being produced in your cities are changed, sometimes also the workers-postions, but not always. In any case, LazyCiv does NOT solve the problem ST and I are having (beleive me, I've tried )

Comment

• ST,

could you redo your complete moves and stuff and see what happenes then? So far, all your saves seem to be 'in order' (exept the original one )

Comment

• Solved!

I found how it happened:
                      In my turn I did partial saves. The last partial save is OK, but the final save has changed workers in Nineveh.
                      It is because I pressed F11 (Demographics window).
                      I tested also other special keys, but none affected Nineveh workers. But they might affect other cities!

La Fayette, did you press F11 during your turn? Could you try a new turn without F11 and e-mail me the save?

Anyway I ask all players not to press F11 in main game. Do it in a side-load.

Comment

• This is the corrected file.
                        Attached Files

Comment

• Re: Solved!

Originally posted by SlowThinker
                          I found how it happened:
                          In my turn I did partial saves. The last partial save is OK, but the final save has changed workers in Nineveh.
                          It is because I pressed F11 (Demographics window).
                          I tested also other special keys, but none affected Nineveh workers. But they might affect other cities!

La Fayette, did you press F11 during your turn? Could you try a new turn without F11 and e-mail me the save?

Anyway I ask all players not to press F11 in main game. Do it in a side-load.

SAY IT ISN'T TRUE!

Pressing F11 has an effect on the game ?

PS: do you want to replay your turn SlowThinker?

Comment

• To the Hatte

Dear Hatte neighbours,

We apologize for any inconvenience caused to oxen-carts on the road our scouts have been crossing. They have moved on. Maybe you could give them some directions in their quest for the fabled lands of Greece?

Your Charioteers have indeed been staying on a border for quite a while: the Assyrian-Egyptian one that is .
                            They have chosen voluntarily to rest after their battles fought in Canaan. As far as Assyria is conceirned, they can move into Egypt, but alas our troops will not.
                            Our borderguards have been ordered, as a sign of goodwill, to move south to Egyptian territory to allow your Charioteers to move into Egypt. The Guards' room to manouvre is very limited however, so we want to give you some directions, in order to avoid future blocking of your now fully recovered Charioteers, currently pickinicking with the Egyptians: To enter into Egypt, your Charioteers will have to move a little straight south, and then head for the forest to the south-east. From there, you will have no problem moving further south later on.

Your skirmishers in the Syrian desert are indeed advised to leave the barbarians in their fortresses alone: they will be utterly crushed by the defenders . There is no need to harden the defenders in a futile attack. We don't understand all the hassle though: you have more Skirmishers in the region, and they move freely. Moreover, your units had encountered Assyrian borderguards way up north of your current position. You shouldn't be surprised you encounter more and more Assyrian troops when you penetrate deeper into Assyrian lands

We do have a request for you, o noble people of the North:
                            Hittite Farmers have been spotted near the north-western city limits of the Assyrian city of Ishkanderoun. We assume they will work the fields of Iconion, as local roumors tell us this Hittite city is near. They are asked to respect the city limits of Iskanderun however, which are defined as the southernmost region downstream of the Seyhan river. The spot is easyly recognized as there is a large colony of Game Birds present. Further east, the hilly lands, rich in Olives and Sheep, mark the north-eastern city limits. Would you travel further east, you would arrive in the wellknown city of Karkemish (previously known as Harada).

NB: I'll post my turn as soon as I have received word from SlowThinker it is OK to do so.

Comment

• Re: Re: Solved!

Originally posted by germanos PS: do you want to replay your turn SlowThinker?
                              Did you try the 'corrected' file? Are there any problems?
                              In fact this is a 'replayed' turn. I took a partial save and didn't press F11.

Comment

• The new file is fine ST.

All production is as I had left it last turn.

Comment

Working...
                                X