New "Ancient Empires" PBEM created

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes, that's my primary eMail.
    I'll try downloading the games with a different computer in future, until this weird problem is solved. Thanks.

As for business, life in Persia continues peacefully. The horsemen are discovering new countries called Sagartia and Parthia, while the skirmishers are resting by keeping conquered cities occupied. A road is built from Ecbatana to Rhagae.
    Attached Files
    Follow the masses!
    30,000 lemmings can't be wrong!

Comment

• The Greeks discovered the ability to draw pictures on marble slates. However, the Fertility Goddess seems to be most popular pictoral image.

Comment

• ...and here's the file, in case anyone needs it.
        Attached Files

Comment

• And the file.
          Attached Files
          Alexandr Yopov, Commander of the Murmansk front in the Red Front democracy game. Fighting for the glory of our marchal and the Rodina.

Comment

• Nothing to report from the land of those wacky Hatte...
            Attached Files
            I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd
            i'm an ignorant greek...MarkG

Comment

• building program begins.
              Attached Files
              Civfan (Warriorsoflight)

Comment

• Villagers who fled southwards decided in the end they'd better join the Assyrian empire. They named their city Arbela.

Exploration for other villages and huts continue.

Roads are being build to link the various Assyrian cities.
                Attached Files
                "post reported"Winston, on the barricades for freedom of speech
                "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

• Memphis: The Offer

As the light breeze wafts across the palace veranda, it ruffles alike the soft linen hangings and the long dark hair of perfumed dancing girls departing through curtained doorways. The sight is a pleasant one, and the seated men they leave behind are clearly enjoying it. Although separated in age by many a season, they look much alike these two. Taller than most Egyptians, they otherwise have the same dark-hued skin and jet black eyes and hair. What really sets them apart from the mass of Nile dwellers - besides their privileged surroundings - is a distinct, almost visible air of command. It's easy to see that these are men who know what they want and are accustomed to getting it. But there is also a discordant element - the younger man takes the lead in all things, from summoning servants to directing the conversation. He is consummately at ease, while the older one appears strangely wary. This might seem slightly odd to an outsider, but those with intimate knowledge of these two would find the entire circumstance almost unbelievable. For these men who sit together as apparent equals are in fact the Nomarch of Memphis and his defeated, captive enemy, the ex-Nomarch Mekret.

A strong man, arrogant and proud, Mekret is still stunned by the events of the past few weeks. From Nomarch to bound slave to pampered guest - the rapid changes of fortune are scarcely credible. In fact, almost everything he's experienced has come as one shock piled upon the next. But Mekret is nothing if not clever, and he ticks them off in his head, one by one:
                  - The Spirit of the enemy troops: Never had Mekret seen soldiers so eager to follow a man into battle, and the contrast with his own army's performance is still a source of deep, burning shame.
                  - The Cites: Growing so quickly that it seemed to sprout from the desert before his eyes, and filled with the hum of trade and the visible trappings of a wealthy populace, Saqqara left a deep impression upon Mekret - until he viewed the far greater city of Memphis. By comparison, his own towns were a collection of hovels inhabited by sluggards. He had been a mouse, lording it over fleas!
                  - The Roads: Incredible. The open-country journey from Dahshur to Saqqara was one of four suns, while the greater distance from Saqqara to Memphis - entirely by road - was traveled in a day. A military man at heart, Mekret could only marvel at the advantages such speed would grant to an army.
                  - The Victory Procession: The most bitter memory of all, and Mekret winced still to think of it. But it was also the event that changed his life completely and forever - and brought him now to this all-but-impossible night. A sharing of bread, beer, and song with his erstwhile enemy.

But before Mekret's mind could delve further into that day of shame and wonder, his thoughts were suddenly returned to the present - for the Nomarch was addressing him. "Let me be quite clear Mekret, for it is important that we do not misunderstand one another. I am not a dissembler, and can barely suffer the presence of men for whom the truth is like wet clay - first taking one shape, and later another. We will not speak of that day in the plaza - but it brought you freely to this table, and now I bid you hear me out. The Memphis Nome is growing, but there are still powers left in Egypt who can match us, and the greatest of these is the Red-Crowned King of the Delta. Already we sniff and circle, he and I, like two lions seeking the same lioness. But to take him, I will need armies led by the very best. Men such as you Mekret. So tonight you hear the rest of my offer: Friendship and the Command of a new Troop of Skirmishers. These young puppies gather now in the fields North of Memphis. Train them, teach them, lead them into battle, and prove your valor to all the doubters - for they are legion. But I am not among that large company, for Ra himself visted me in a dream the night before we first met as enemies. Now dreams can be strange things, and aren't always what they seem - yet this one clearly foretold that you and I shall travel a long road together. The nature of this journey was obscured, but surely it's a path I would not follow were my companion not brave and true."

This was an astounding thing to hear, and Mekret stared in wonder at the Nomarch. His had been a long, hard life, and trust a commodity far rarer than gold. Yet this man he scarcely knew was offering him a place of power and distinction, and the chance to lead men in battle once again! But this time they wouldn't be squabbling over a few mud huts and terrified farmers. No, this was a chance to join a society on the rise, and take his place just a heartbeat from the helm! Every shrine to every God in Memphis was going to receive regular donations from Mekret for the rest of his life, of that he swore. Because there was, after all, only one possible answer. "Yes Nomarch. I will train and lead your armies, and as long as breath passes through these lips, so too will words of praise and thanks." And that night as Mekret entered his guest room in the palace, he smiled all the more. For there he discovered proof positive that the Nomarch was a shrewd and careful observer of men. The perfume, the tilt of the head, that languid gaze - yes, the girl awaiting him was the one he'd been most taken with during the earlier performance. The sight of her was intoxicating, and yet even as the dancer's scanty shift drifted from her shoulders to the floor, Mekret's thoughts were focused far from this room, "I fervently pray to all the Gods above and below to never, EVER, let me underestimate this man again!"
                  Attached Files
                  To La Fayette, as fine a gentleman as ever trod the Halls of Apolyton

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

• Bump
                    "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

• Sorry, I didn't realize it's my turn. I played it long ago, but forgot to post

I don't seem to be myself lately.
                      Attached Files
                      Follow the masses!
                      30,000 lemmings can't be wrong!

Comment

• Still moving the ponies over the rocky, mountainous landscape.
                        Attached Files

Comment

• New city founded
                          Attached Files
                          Alexandr Yopov, Commander of the Murmansk front in the Red Front democracy game. Fighting for the glory of our marchal and the Rodina.

Comment

• The gods give two techs via huts, and we haven't decided whether that's a blessing or a curse.
                            Attached Files
                            I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd
                            i'm an ignorant greek...MarkG

Comment

• oh no here comes the

Babylons................
                              Attached Files
                              Civfan (Warriorsoflight)

Comment

• Word of the benevolent reign of Sargon and his sons is spreading fast. The many Skirmishers that roam the vast floadplains along the mighty river Tigris and its tribituaries encounter many tribes that welcome them wholeheartedly. This decade the two cities of Ashur and Tikrit have decided to pledge their allegence to Sargon , and became a member of the Assyrian Empire.
                                The Villagers in the region are not as willing though. They seem to have gattered strength, and they resist the units send to subdue them. Noteworthy is a small village near the Eufrates, that succesfully defeated the mighty Assyrian Spearmen regiment, that had such a long and glorius history over the last century and which members were so hardened and skilled. Confident this regiment was more or less undestructable, Sargon II did send this unit out on itself, and now different units are being redirected to avenge their fallen comrades.
                                It seems that a new strategy needs to be developped, and Assyria may find itself forced to end its expansion, and focus on the lands it now has…
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X