No announcement yet.

New "Ancient Empires" PBEM created

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have to report a small mistake. I got a skirmisher in a 2830BC MP session and accidentally moved it in the same turn. If nobody objects, I will correct this by not moving the unit in my 2820 turn. It is in a deserted area far to the east, so there are no ZOC issues, etc. I am quite sure there will be no real effect on the game.

Comment

• What an Abomination! You must sacrifice all your camels and give up 12 cities right away!

LOL just kidding Peaster.. I don't see any problems at all.
      Wizards sixth rule:
      "The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is reason."
      Can't keep me down, I will CIV on.

Comment

• Originally posted by Peaster
        I have to report a small mistake. I got a skirmisher in a 2830BC MP session and accidentally moved it in the same turn. If nobody objects, I will correct this by not moving the unit in my 2820 turn. It is in a deserted area far to the east, so there are no ZOC issues, etc. I am quite sure there will be no real effect on the game.
        That raises a question. If Civ "A" plays before me in Year #1, gives me his unit, and I move it during my turn (also in Year #1), that would definitely be a problem. But if Civ "A" moves AFTER me in Year #1, gives me his unit, and my next to chance to move it is in Year #2.....is that a problem? After all, the unit only moves once during each year. I'm new to CivDip, so clarification would be helpful.
        To La Fayette, as fine a gentleman as ever trod the Halls of Apolyton

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

• Kull - The issue arises when units are given thru an MP session. With Civ2Dip, you simply cannot move the unit until your next turn - it gives you no choice in either case.

With MP gifts, I think the house rule is to not move the unit in either case, which would be consistent with how Civ2Dip works. But considering your question, I am not sure this rule makes sense.

Apparently with MP, the gift unit is automatically rehomed, but with Civ2Dip it stays homed to its old city. I think the old city does not have to pay support, but it does retain the unit's "nearest city" feature, etc, all of which seems like a bug to me.

I am pretty new to all this. Probably ST or Straybow can explain it better.

Comment

• Leaving for the weekend in about 1 hour, so I will post a check-in when I return monday.....

I would say good luck but then I would be waiting to see how many cities I will have left.

Good weekend all.

BTW played arround with my civ2dip and it looks like the onlything affecting gifted units movement is the turn number. So, if a unit was gifted in turn #1 it will not move again untill turn #2.

If the civ that gifted it did so at the any time during turn #1, then it would still move on turn #2, but a unit can't be gifted at the beginning of turn #1 and moved at the end of turn #1

Just to clarify...Turn 1 would be
            Civ1- play save
            Civ2- play save
            Civ3- play save
            Civ4- play save
            Civ5- play save
            then turn two would repeat.

I havn't tested the theory yet, I was just reading through notes on civ2dip.
            Last edited by Zedd; March 25, 2005, 12:43.
            Wizards sixth rule:

Comment

• Sorry, guys, for the delay...
              I am still awaiting some diplomacy news, I will play latest on sunday (happy easter )

Comment

• Here is the egg of the day
                Enjoy!
                Attached Files

Comment

• An Assyrian chariot has been spotted wandering on the hills east of Mallia. Have a nice trip!
                  ... but Zedanu must be warned that there are some units stronger than sissie skirmishers in the Minoan army.
                  Attached Files
                  Aux bords mystérieux du monde occidental

Comment

• I got home today but I am leaving tomorrow morning and I will get back on tuesday/wednesday, so please wait a bit if possible.
                    Civ2 "Great Library Index": direct download, Apolyton attachment

Comment

• :um: its Friday.....
                      Wizards sixth rule:

Comment

• Zedd - I guess you will play in approx a week. After Straybow plays, it is SlowThinker's turn. He said he will be back middle of next week.

Hopefully, we are using this time to settle diplo issues, and decide on war plans, so the pace will probably pick up again soon.

BTW - pls note my ad in this forum for the "Hammer of the North" game, about to start at CFC. Even if you don't want to play regularly, we (CFC players) may need a sub occasionally, and maybe we (Apolytoners) can ask some CFCers to sub for us too.

Comment

• ST won't be able to play for a couple days and I'm doing some diplomatic stuff in the meanwhile... may finish up Sunday evening assuming overtime at work doesn't wipe me out.
                          (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                          (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                          (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• It looks I may be off home until friday, so tomorrow I will go to a bigger city (Bludenz) to search for an internet cafe attachment that allows to manage attachments. Again I have my notebook with me but this is not enough.

Comment

• Guys, I have a suitable connection now! I can play after Stray posts his save. I posted an e-mail to Stray with an explanation how to warn me to my mobil phone that the save is prepared.

Comment

• ST - Thank you for your efforts to keep in touch while away. I was thinking of who could sub for you... for example, I bet Germanos would come out of retirement for that.

Comment

Working...
                                X