• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MY COMPUTERS S**T

Comment

• Originally posted by proffessor_ben
      MY COMPUTERS S**T
      We all now that, otherwise we'd all be playing an Unreal Tournament 2 beta demo in our super-machines!
      "BANANA POWAAAAH!!! (exclamation Zopperoni style)" - Mercator, in the OT 'What fruit are you?' thread
      Join the Civ2 Democratic Game! We have a banana option in every poll just for you to vote for!
      Many thanks to Zealot for wasting his time on the jobs section at Gamasutra - MarkG in the article SMAC2 IN FULL 3D? http://apolyton.net/misc/
      Always thought settlers looked like Viking helmets. Took me a while to spot they were supposed to be wagons. - The pirate about Settlers in Civ 1

Comment

• I've played it, I'm just trying to work out how to zip files with PKunzip.
        Did somebody mention we weren't suppossed to destroy the aliens?

Comment

• I've zipped the file save. I'll write up my report when Ally Mcbeal has finished.
          Probably wont be posted until tommorrow (thurs) evening at this stage.
          Cya.

Comment

• You will write the turn report after you played all your turns? How can you remember what happened then?

When I play I keep alt-tabbing and write what is happening in the precise turn I'm playing!
            "BANANA POWAAAAH!!! (exclamation Zopperoni style)" - Mercator, in the OT 'What fruit are you?' thread
            Join the Civ2 Democratic Game! We have a banana option in every poll just for you to vote for!
            Many thanks to Zealot for wasting his time on the jobs section at Gamasutra - MarkG in the article SMAC2 IN FULL 3D? http://apolyton.net/misc/
            Always thought settlers looked like Viking helmets. Took me a while to spot they were supposed to be wagons. - The pirate about Settlers in Civ 1

Comment

• The reign of the Wise One

1842: My period of command started with celebrations In Thuviana at the prospect of such a gret and magnificent leader.
              (Okay so It was more likely to do with the hologaming arcade they built but hey, this my history.)
              Orion station built an environeer and Bonestell built city shields.
              The citizens of Obergopolis were becoming worried about the lack of food they had stored.
              1844: Both Rocket centre and Second Outpost joined the celebration . Jupiterville built an investment house and Ursa city shields.
              One of the Environeers based in Obergopolis is transfered to Orion Station to releave the formers food shortage.
              Horror of horrors, the Vallan take Io city on numanchia , Its desroyed in the attack and they gain knowledge of Basic Automnation.
              1846: The celebration in Rocket Centre is cancelled as a mark of respect for our brave pioneers.
              Planetville builds an orrery, Second out post builds a Garrison.
              After a hard fought battle our esteemed troops captured the Engineer Feyman City.
              Valuable Salvage worth 100BP was found and we learnt that the vallan have gained knowledge of the Swarming Path.
              1848: Thuviana and Second outpost stop celebrating, And Europa falls in to disorder.
              Orion Station and Star city both finish work on new environeers and Uranopolis builds a justice network.
              In retribution for the destruction of Io City, the vallan city of **** is destroyed on numanchia.
              1850: Although the wise and magnificent leader Ben was sur he hired some entertainers there last turn Europa is still striking.
              Our mighty armies make light work of the defenses in Pig City (Engineer) and it is swiftly occupied.
              The engineers discover mechanized Armour. Oh great now they'll have Iron maidens defending their citys.
              1851: Tsiotkosky builds and investment house.
              WLT*D is cancelled in venus town.
              Discovered Humanics, Started adaptive eugenics for the free advance.
              Yet more ground is gained against the engineers when we capture Gamma town, where a workshop is imediatly rushbuilt.
              1852: Thuviana builds environeer, Gamma Town Builds a workshop, Planetville builds sphacelatorium and Second Outpost builds an orrery which sends it in to celebration, along with Venus town.
              1853: Jupiterville and Mercator city both build garrisons and Von Braunburg builds City shields.
              Destroyed the Engineer city of lyman alpha and captured a barbarian leader.
              1852: Biochaos near Van Allen Town
              Uranopolis+Planetville-environeer
              Mars city + Venus Town- Celebrating
              The clerisy demand Basic Automation, , And when I dont give it to them they declare war. YAY!!!!
              The fine Pasttitcos of the northen army take Elder lodgewith out much hassle and the Clerisic Empire is no more.
              Then through a mix up in communication a pastittico assigned to keeping back the vallan moves the wrong way and captures Pacor Nog. . Sorry!
              1855: Van Allen town builds Emergence Centre
              WLT*D cancelled in Comet Town and Venus Town
              Second Outpost builds a Transmogrifier
              Elder lodge builds Workshop
              Star city builds Geniepark
              Scientists discover Adaptive eugenics, took Prionic stabilizers as free advance and start Allotropics.

Its been a fairly good run, I got left in a fairly good place and I think I've left us better off.
              Progress against the engineers is going to be difficult now that they have Iron Maidens But Bring on the spys.
              Attached Files

Comment

• Good run - glad you got rid of the Cherisy.

Yeah, I was worried about the Vallans reaching Naumachia due to that bug where they can reach it without the required tech.
                Unfortunately, we can't build pasticcios there.

We had better send some attack units there to prevent them from founding too many cities and from taking ours (once we build them again).

Comment

• Start your engines, Eco!

Comment

• I'll try and download the game tonight.
                    If i find some problem i'll try to download from work.

Great run Proffessor!!!
                    It will be an honor to suceed you!

Comment

• Looks like, this time, I was able to download from home.
                      I'll try to play it today.

Comment

• The rumour was confirmed. Out from the darkness, Ecowiz returned . The grim face allowed no mistakes. This time he was ready to wage war against the enemies of the Empire.

PE 1856
                        Lots of unhappy cities! Had to rush buid some happy improvements. Also raised entertainement.
                        Build Ganimede on Naumachia

PE 1857
                        Just a bit of entertainment was enough to make many cities celebrate!
                        Conquered Alpha Town to the Engeneers.

PE 1858
                        Conquered Delta Town to the Engeneers.
                        Valan destroy Ganimene. I should have learned form past history.
                        When can we attack this foul creatures? :doitnow:

PE 1859
                        Convinced Engeneer city Expansion to join the Empire.
                        Conquered Pelucid to the Engeneers.

PE 1861
                        Conquered Tarcha to the Engeneers.

PE 1862
                        Scientists discouver Allotropics. Next assignment: invent a new breed - Proteus Sapiens.

Situation: at war with all civilizations we have contact with.

A bit hawkish this turn of mine. Unfortunately I didn't get the chance to wage peace.
                        At first I was a bit worried with the Jahree, near Mercuria (lots of unit there). But when they decided to wage war, it was a massacre... to them .

Hey Zealot: is Proteus Sapiens the discouvery we need to start kicking some aliens? They sure enough deserve some tough love!

The game was going too long so I stoped before my tenth turn.
                        Need to go and sleep.

So... your turn Zealot!!!
                        Attached Files

Comment

• Gosh, I'm so busy this next week! I have to change my turn with anyone! I've sent Marcel an e-mail, to check if he still is interested in playing, since he doesn't post on Apolyton since 30th of March!

Otherwise, I'll ask Sharpe to switch turns with me, so that he plays over this weekend or something.

Comment

• No problem. I should be able to play it this weekend if you want to switch turns, Zealot. Just post again here or send me a message if you want to switch.

But won't you have to switch with someone again anyway if you are busy next week?

Comment

• I'm hoping I'll have more time next week.
                              Let's give Marcel one more day.
                              I really hope no fatality hit him or something!

Comment

• No email from Marcel.
                                Go ahead Sharp. And have fun with it.
                                (BTW, Valarians almost have the tech we need to research Ultrastring theory (or something)! But until then, don't invade them!)

Comment

Working...
                                X