CIV 2 MULTIPLAYER GAMES

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CIV 2 MULTIPLAYER GAMES

It would appear that the multiplayer (PBEM) community here seems to have fizzled out Fear not, there is still a place where Civ2 multiplayer games are still going on:

http://www.civforum.de/forumdisplay.php?f=3

Civ Webring is the German language Civilization Forum but most of the guys in the multiplayer forum are happy to converse in English with dummies like me who can only speak the one language If you would like to join in please register and post in the 'Spieler benötigt / Needed players' thread. If you need advice on how to register please post here to get my attention and I will assist you. It is possible to view the site in English so navigation should not be a problem.

We welcome new members to our small group and will happily explain the tricks of multiplayer games to help new members get up to speed. We are not all experts so don't worry if you are relatively new to Civ2 or multiplayer games. Of course experienced players are more than welcome too!

All we ask is that you can play your turns fairly promptly (normaly within 24 hours of last turn being posted), you are reliable (IE you won't just disappear without letting us know) and you are trustworthy (multiplayer games rely on mutual trust!).

If we can get enough people together I would be happy to continue playing multiplayer games on this Forum too. There are some two player games out there if anyone wants to try learn the basic principles of multiplayer games with me
    SCENARIO LEAGUE FORUM
    SCENARIO LEAGUE WIKI SITE
    SL INFORMATION THREAD
    CIV WEBRING MULTIPLAYER FORUM

Played a duel with Zeppelin.

2x2x King 10 city limit.

I had the Hanging Gardens and Pyramids vs the Colossus.

He was in a despotism. I was in a republic.

I was stalling my research after WLKD, to feed the demand for white goods, after which I'd boom the research with libraries and pop size 8s followed by aqueducts.

Then followed by research on military techs.

Simple win, eh?

Not so. He sends out a single transport with an explorer. I have a garrison outside my cap, but no troops in my cap. I haven't even seen a single barbarian all game, and I have complete and total control over my little island. So I don't worry. I'll have time enough to build ass-kicking troops later.

Lands the explorer right outside the garrison but ZOC means he was able to take my cap by sliding by the garrison.

Disgusting loss.

I saw his map, he somehow picked the right area to find me immediately, just lucked out with the boat.

One of the best games I've ever played and to lose it like that.
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Here's the screenshots.
      Attached Files
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

The AI wouldn't be able to pull that move in a month of Sundays! That's one of the reasons I generally prefer multiplayer games. I just find the AI too dumb in all but the finest scenarios. I don't often play the original game nowadays but as far as I remember the AI was incapable of mounting a cohesive attack, especially if there is a geographical obstacle, such as a sea, in is way.

One of my pals at Civ Webring called Jerec is a master of these kind of outflanking surprise manoeuvres. Keeps me on my toes. I try to form an alliance with him when possible to sooth my nerves
        SCENARIO LEAGUE FORUM
        SL INFORMATION THREAD

Comment

We are looking for a player to play as the Scottish in a PBEM game of Jamestout's 'Viking Age' scenario at Civ Webring. Let me know if you are interested?
          SCENARIO LEAGUE FORUM
          SL INFORMATION THREAD

Comment

@Ben: If it was after trade he just clicked in the black untill he found your cap

Comment

Ah, the arcane art of black clicking
              SCENARIO LEAGUE FORUM
              SL INFORMATION THREAD

Comment

Yep, either that or he just loaded up the game on a second computer.

Comment

Ben, that's hilarious.
                  Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

I'm up for some Civ 2 MP. I think Boann would be, too. Let me know. It's been a while since I've played and I would like to play.
                    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Is anyone running Civ2 on the Windows 10 Technical Preview? I have Civ2 Gold and when I open the game it gets the the opening screen but when I click Multiplier or Single Player it just stops.

Also- How are you setting up these multiplier games? It there a client program you're using? Game Ranger used to be the thing to use.

Thanks!

Comment

Windows 10

All I can say is: to run Civ on the Win XP you need a patch (it should be posted here somewhere), otherwise civ2.exe consumes all processor time.
                        I have no idea what happens on Win 7 and up.
                        Civ2 "Great Library Index": direct download, Apolyton attachment

Comment

Working...
                        X