Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by McMonkey
    Thanks Jerec
    I will check all the points you have made and amend the spelling. The Galatians were brought to Anatolia as mercenaries and settled there with Angora/Ankara as their capital. This is historically accurate though it happened in about 278 BC. For the sake of three years I thought it was worth bending history a little.
    Galatians stay where they are, then.

I will look at the ships stats again as I don't really want them to be ancient battleships! Will increase Carthage's trade potential and check all the other major cities.
    Check out Eivind's Medium Aevum. The ships in the game can't bombard land units or attack ports. Not sure, but I think this has something to do with the submarine flag.

I am surprised the Vagienni tribe was wiped out. I would have thought the city walls would have prevented population decrease. If it changed hands several times them I suppose it is possible for it to be destroyed. Destroyed cities can be rebuilt.
    True. It was destroyed because you gave me a veritable arsenal of units in a city nearby... ...and after I captured/heavily occupied the city, the barbs left that were outside the city attacked it into non-existence.

I have put you down for the Celts in the PBEM game at Civ Webring if you are still interested. Will probably start the game mid-week.
    Err...is Civ Webring another forum site? I'm not familiar with it.

Comment

• Civ Webring is a German language CivII site, but don't worry you don't need to sprecken see Deutch, I can't!!!
      The site itself can be converted into English quite easily.

There are enough reliable players there to keep a number of seven player games going at a quick pace. Nearly everyone there can speak English and are kind enough to do so. For those who don't speak English you can use a free translator or ask someone else to translate if it affects you.

Some of the guys from Apolyton you may know, such as Eivind, Academia and me.

Heres a link to the site:

Civ Webring
      SCENARIO LEAGUE FORUM
      SCENARIO LEAGUE WIKI SITE
      SL INFORMATION THREAD
      CIV WEBRING MULTIPLAYER FORUM

Comment

• I think the multiplayer game is ready bar covering the map. What is the best way to do this?

Do I cover whole map using the cheat menu, save as a scenario, open the scenario and use a temporary high move air unit to reveal the map then save as a scenario again?

This will cause lots of problems. Is there a better way of covering/revealing parts of the map?

As soon as I have released the multiplayer game I can start work on the single player version.
        SCENARIO LEAGUE FORUM
        SL INFORMATION THREAD

Comment

• The answers are . . . .

Yes. Yes. It shouldn't. No.

It shouldn't cause any problems. Change the money back and clear the beakers for player 1, and save.
          Lost in America.
          "a freaking mastermind." --Stefu
          "or a very good liar." --Stefu
          "Jesus" avatars created by Mercator and Laszlo.

Comment

• I tested this out and several Roman units were disbanded. As long as this only effects the Romans it should not be to diffucult to put back as they only start with five cities. Thanks.
            SCENARIO LEAGUE FORUM
            SL INFORMATION THREAD

Comment

• I have sorted all the problems with covering/revealing the map bar one, the barbarian cities.

I can reveal the terrain around barbarian cities that I can see by creating a few barbarian units around their cities and then disbanding them. The problem is that I cannot see every barbarian city so revealing the terrain will be tricky.

I will leave this till I have finished all the playable nations. My only idea if to use the revealed map to get the grid references of all the barbarian cities that cannot be seen on any of the players maps and then create units/disband units around the known grid references.

This should work but is a very long winded process. If anyone can come up with an easier solution before I have to begin then I would be extremely grateful!
              SCENARIO LEAGUE FORUM
              SL INFORMATION THREAD

Comment

• Just managed to save a load of time by using Civ Diplomacy to share the Mediterranean map between the civilized nations. Nice one Yaroslav
                SCENARIO LEAGUE FORUM
                SL INFORMATION THREAD

Comment

• Glad to hear that
                  Trying to rehabilitateh and contribuing again to the civ-community

Comment

• Covering/revealing the map took longer than I anticipated. Finished it now and think it was well worth the effort as it does make the game look much better and will add an element of exploration to the scenario. Doing some of the barbarian cities was tough as I had to use grid references as they were not on any of the playable nations maps.

I have just tested the scenario and everything is working fine. I am just uploading the final test version to the Scenario League if anyone wants to test for final bugs or just wanted a nose:

Multiplayer Final Test

I still have several events spare so I will add them tommorow and post the final game tommorow night.

Nearly there!

Last edited by McMonkey; January 30, 2008, 20:32.
                    SCENARIO LEAGUE FORUM
                    SL INFORMATION THREAD

Comment

• Comment

• This must be a first for me. I have about ten spare events to fill and I cannot think what to do with them. I have enough units being created and the only things I can think of is adding a few more city captured or tech acquired events with some kind of reward.

If anyone had any clever ideas I would be very interested in hearing from you as my creative juices seem to have run out!
                        SCENARIO LEAGUE FORUM
                        SL INFORMATION THREAD

Comment

• 1) Do what CT did in BitterFrost 4. Create a hefty atmosphere by introducing the civs and current events through multiple text box pop-ups on the first turn.

2) "Bursting unexpectedly on the scene, a previously unknown chieftan has united the bickering Celtic/German tribes, and formed an elite army..." Or a variation of the text above, followed by a createunit event for the Germans/Celts, or any other civ that doesn't get a general unit at the start. Like the Celts.

3) "A Roman general, after the Senate's attempt to forcefully make him retire (they're scared of his popularity and personal army), has decided to march on Rome and proclaim himself Imperator!" With an appropriate barb general being spawned close to Rome. Just to keep Acadamia on his toes.

Comment

• Thanks for the ideas Jerec. All the nations get Generals randomly throughout the game so adding some text would liven things up a bit.

When I start on the single player game I will need to completely revise the events as a lot of them are currently creating barbarian units in areas that will be controlled by a rival nation. I may well use batch files to add multiple events files and I am sure filling up the events space won't be such a challenge. I had just added everything I thought I needed for the multiplayer version.

As well as some text for the Generals I have created some events to minus gold when Transport ships are sunk:

@IF
                            UNITKILLED
                            unit=Transport Ship
                            attacker=ANYBODY
                            defender=Romans
                            @THEN
                            TEXT
                            Valuable cargo sunk. -100 gold.
                            ENDTEXT
                            CHANGEMONEY
                            receiver=Romans
                            amount=-100
                            @ENDIF

If for example the Carthaginians trigger this events first will it only work when they sink a Roman ship or will it still work when other nations sink them (because of the ANYBODY thing)?
                            SCENARIO LEAGUE FORUM
                            SL INFORMATION THREAD

Comment

• Originally posted by McMonkey
                              If for example the Carthaginians trigger this events first will it only work when they sink a Roman ship or will it still work when other nations sink them (because of the ANYBODY thing)?
                              It won't work. Like Exile told me in the Gallic Wars thread, ANYBODY is buggy for MGE. To make this work, you would have to repeat it for every attacking nation. You simply have to be specific. Of course, if it is a one-time only event, it WILL work. ANYBODY does work for anybody, but after the first time it is triggered it will only work for the first civ that triggered it.

Comment

• Right then, the multiplayer version is finished and ready to begin its first run at Civ Webring. Now I can begin converting to the MGE single player Roman version.

@Jerec
                                I can ive with that, The first nation to sink one of your transport ships becomes your most dangerous maritime enemy!
                                SCENARIO LEAGUE FORUM
                                SL INFORMATION THREAD

Comment

Working...
                                X