No announcement yet.

Aeterna Civitas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sure I can wait until the weekend. That would be very much appreciated! Thanks
    SCENARIO LEAGUE FORUM
    SCENARIO LEAGUE WIKI SITE
    SL INFORMATION THREAD
    CIV WEBRING MULTIPLAYER FORUM

Comment

• No sweat - I will add this to my list!

http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
      http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

• I have posted the test version of the multiplayer game on the Scenario League:

Aeterna Civitas II Multiplayer Test v1.0

I still need to make a few changes (New READ ME, cover some of map, add some unit shields) but this is very close to being the final version of the multiplayer game.

If anyone would like to test it I would suggest doing so in a two player hotseat game so you don't have to sit through endless barbarian turns.

My thoughts are now turning to the single player versions. I wanted to get the multiplayer version finished first so that I don't need to amend files in multiple folders.

The first single player version will be for MGE and will be designed for play as Rome. I will assign many of the cities to the Celts, Germanics, Carthaginians and Successor states (using CivCity) both to make them more of a challenge and to cut down on the long Barbarian turns.

I will need to alter the events and units stats to tailor the game for the Roman player. I may use a batch file to make playable versions for the Carthaginians or other nations if I get time.

The final version will be for Test of Time. This will involve a rework of the graphics, new units, new sounds, more+new events and amended rules (taking advantage of ToT features).

At the moment all is proceeding according to plan. I look forward to your comments as they really help me make the most of the game
        SCENARIO LEAGUE FORUM
        SL INFORMATION THREAD

Comment

• Civ2 jams when I run the scen.

Does it work for you, McMonkey?

Anyone else get this problem?

Comment

• Works here. Although I've not the time to playtest it.
            "Peace cannot be kept by force.
            It can only be achieved by understanding"

Comment

• I posted the files I have been working on and they were fine. I tested them again and had no problems!

I take it you have the MGE patches etc...
              SCENARIO LEAGUE FORUM
              SL INFORMATION THREAD

Comment

• Originally posted by McMonkey
                I take it you have the MGE patches etc...
                Yep. I'll try to isolate the problem, process of isolation and all that. It'll take a little while, time I don't exactly have to spare, but it's better than not playing at all...maybe it's because I play on a Win 98.

Comment

• Sorry. I just downloaded the file from the SL and ran it OK from the desktop so I am not sure whats wrong. Could you download it again in case the first download was corrupted in tome way. Could it have anything to do with your security settings/virus checker blocking something?
                  SCENARIO LEAGUE FORUM
                  SL INFORMATION THREAD

Comment

• It's ok for me.

Just played a turn. The Saguntum hidden unit pops up for me as being able to move on the first turn. I would either sub a nonmove roman unit or fortify the unit.

Comment

• Originally posted by McMonkey
                      Sorry. I just downloaded the file from the SL and ran it OK from the desktop so I am not sure whats wrong. Could you download it again in case the first download was corrupted in tome way. Could it have anything to do with your security settings/virus checker blocking something?
                      Don't worry. I'll get some free time over the weekend to sort it out and playtest. Can't imagine that security or virus checker would get in the way of this particular scen and no others. I'll just start taking files out one by one and testing. Isolate the problem, and presto!

Comment

• Thanks HT
                        Had not noticed that as it was one of my final additions.

The playtesting I was looking for was just for basic errors like this, bugs and any comments of stats etc...

As the game is not designed for single player at this point I would not expect anyone to attempt a full playtest, though trying to unite Italy would be fun and should highlight any problems.
                        SCENARIO LEAGUE FORUM
                        SL INFORMATION THREAD

Comment

• It's working. The name of the scen was too long. As soon as I shortened it, it worked.

1) "The population ARE sent to the slave market." It should be, "the population IS sent," or, "the people are sent."

2) I am happy knowing that I can get Galatian warriors. But in Turkey?? ARGH!! It will require a rather long campaign to allow Galatians to help out in my home province of Gaul.

2) Have you compared the stats of the Gaul chariot and...wait. It should probably Briton or Celtic chariot. The Gauls did not use chariots.

3) Have you compared the stats of the "Gaul" chariot and the Warband? almost no difference. Exactly the same firepower and H/P. The chariot has slightly less D. The chariot has better movement. Oh, and it's ten shields more. How about something like cost: 100, and ignoring walls? THAT would make me build it. Otherwise I'm mass-producing warbands.

4) Alright! The Gaulish Warrior is available at the start! Since he is my one-and-only defensive unit, that wonderful!

Hopefully more to follow...

Comment

• Well, I downloaded the MP version of the game and decided to make a "graphics mod" to this scenario, just like I did with the previous version of Aeternas Civitas.

If McMonkey's OK with it, I'd like to upload said "alternative graphics" package to SLeague, so others who like my take on the graphics and enjoy it.

And here's a preview!
                            Attached Files
                            The Ghost of the Disco is ... your mastermind, your mastermind!
                            2013: A Union Divided|John III Sobieski|Red Storm

Comment

• Please disregard my uneducated comment about the implied ineffectiveness of chariots. They are, strangely enough, more effective than warbands at chewing up warriors in a city! Besides, as soon as the "siege warfare" tech is discovered, rams instead of chariots will be mass-produced to pound those cheeky warriors behind city walls into submission!

1) Are fleets supposed to be able to annihilate land armies with ease? It was rather shocking to lose a Galatian warrior to a barb trireme.

2) Checked with cheat mode, and noticed that Carthage is the equal of Parisii in terms of trade ability! And it has less potential as a trade hub than certain cities like Ptolemais, and is nothing compared to Alexandria. Maybe another town or two?

3) Vagienni was wiped off the map by turn two. Maybe a population boost to survive the initial warfare?

4) Was Archimedes famed for using one of those gigantic telescopes? If not, please change the icon!

5) Spelling check. In the description of the catapult, there is, "There are various types (plural) of catapult (singular) but they all serve the same purpose."

6) Again. You're missing a period after the second sentence in the description of the Ballista.

7) Last time. In the description of the Battering Ram you misspelled animal hides--"anumal hides."

I'll check the rest of your spelling later!

Comment

• Thanks Jerec
                                I will check all the points you have made and amend the spelling. The Galatians were brought to Anatolia as mercenaries and settled there with Angora/Ankara as their capital. This is historically accurate though it happened in about 278 BC. For the sake of three years I thought it was worth bending history a little.

I will look at the ships stats again as I don't really want them to be ancient battleships! Will increase Carthage's trade potential and check all the other major cities.

I am surprised the Vagienni tribe was wiped out. I would have thought the city walls would have prevented population decrease. If it changed hands several times them I suppose it is possible for it to be destroyed. Destroyed cities can be rebuilt.

I have put you down for the Celts in the PBEM game at Civ Webring if you are still interested. Will probably start the game mid-week.

@Ghost of Disco
                                I rather like my graphics but I know I often change other peoples work to suit my own tastes so it would be hypocritical for me to object If you could send me the alternative files I will upload them. Do you have my e-mail?
                                SCENARIO LEAGUE FORUM
                                SL INFORMATION THREAD

Comment

Working...
                                X