No announcement yet.

"Rise and Fall of Teutonic Order"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spies can - sometimes - steal No No techs. I think it's a MGE bug. Never worked in original Civ.

Comment

_Cyrion.. maybe i did check it wrongly..is better u believe to what Turno said.. im sure he know more then me..

_Turno
      Prussian tribes List ?
      I need that thanks !!! .. somethin on wikipedia is there too..

STARTING TOWNS (ipotesis)

TEUTONIC : 1 (Marienburg ?? despite founded later.. but such a nice enormous castle there then +1 RIGA as present.. )
      POLISH: 4-6
      PRUSSIAN:5-7 (Prussian.. many town yep , also in Livonia, Estonia .. BUT.. they are there to be.. "massacred" by the holy/evil germans.. )
      LITHUANIAN: 4-5
      NOVGOROD: 4-5
      DANEMARK: 5-6
      MONGOL: 3-4

this is just a rough list..
      Last edited by Von Bert; March 2, 2007, 12:12.

Comment

_Turno ("see u soon" ? seem we both online now.. )
        Thanks for explication,
        what i still dont know.. is..
        Blackclove in the SLTIPS.. talk of a DOUBLE REMOVED tech.. makin a tech NO NO.. then making another tech deriving from that 1st.. then maybe chetin it as NO NO also..
        maybe is the flu i got this days.. but this idea simply make my brain "turn turn turn"..

why he said/do that way?

other way is the trick of the :
        IF tech- then EVENT- GIVE TECH (maybe a "no no"one ).. when discover a tech.. u give him via events another tech that ll be .."unique"..

anyway.. any input is always welcome..as im not expert with tech trees managing .. thanks!!!!
        Last edited by Von Bert; March 2, 2007, 12:14.

Comment

Originally posted by Von Bert
          _Cyrion.. maybe i did check it wrongly..is better u believe to what Turno said.. im sure he know more then me..

_Turno
          Prussian tribes List ?
          I need that thanks !!! .. somethin on wikipedia is there too..

STARTING TOWNS (ipotesis)

TEUTONIC : 1 (Marienburg ?? despite founded later.. but such a nice enormous castle there then +1 RIGA as present.. )
          POLISH: 4-6
          PRUSSIAN:5-7 (Prussian.. many town yep , also in Livonia, Estonia .. BUT.. they are there to be.. "massacred" by the holy/evil germans.. )
          LITHUANIAN: 4-5
          NOVGOROD: 4-5
          DANEMARK: 5-6
          MONGOL: 3-4

this is just a rough list..
          You don't know the prussian tribes' names? Fast i'll go to search that book! You can set their tribal names as city names.

A note: Livonians and Estonians were of Finnic ascendancy, they were not Prussians. Osprey Fortress series Teutonic 2 Brick castels in Latvia and Estonia talks about their fortresses, too. I have to fix the scanner ASAP.

A leader name for Prussians: the jatvingian Skumand. He was, as a matter of fact, the Prussian leader who gave the most troubles to Teutonic Order.

Blackclove idea is pretty good, just don't use - NEVER - Plu as NO NO tech! I did once and i had to experience enemy military units bribing my cities.

Oh, if i rememebr correctly, i also have a complete list of Teutonic commanderies in Prussia, but i'll have to check first.

A couple of more things. Ricapitoliamo.

You need:

The prussian tribal name list.

The Teutonic commandery list.

The pic of Mongol archers at Peipus, 1242.

Scans from Teutonic and Russian fortress series.

Scans from Russian Army VIII to XVI century.

Anything else?

Yeah! I forgot Scandinavian armies 1100 to 1300. * edit: you don't seem to need them.

Anyway just overlooking on your units these seems pretty well done. My congrats. Not too bad for a first scenario.

Done.
          Last edited by Turno; March 4, 2007, 14:27.

Comment

Some fast scannings before i have to leave my office.

Novgorod's Kremlin. Watchtower.
            Attached Files

Comment

*Doubled post *

Comment

Lagoda fortress. The island complex...
                Attached Files

Comment

... and the mainland complex. This complex is from midst of XV century. Note the beginning of anti-artillery developments.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Koulikovo.
                    Attached Files

Comment

* DP * Ok bye for now. Have to go home. See you soon.

Comment

nice scans Pro...ops, Turno
                        "Dilexi iustitiam, odivi iniquitatem, propterea morior in exilio" [PAPA GREGORIUS VII +1085] - ("He amado la justicia, he odiado la iniquidad, por eso muero en exilio") - ("I loved justice, I hated unfairness, that's why I die in exile") - (J'ai aimé la justice, j'ai détesté l'iniquité, c'est pourquoi je meurs en exil") - ("Ich liebte Gerechtigkeit und hasste Ungerechtigkeit, deshalb sterbe ich im Exil")

Comment

Incredible images - Good inspiration for city GFX!

http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
                          http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

_Turno

well.. well.. bene bene..
                            My God ! thank you , grazie !
                            i feel less alone..
                            (despite this amazing "old"community.. never make u feel so ! )
                            well.. i hope Curts.. will find your scans so appealing to feel the mood to give us some teutonic town maybe.. ?

Prus tribes? sure.. 1 tribe = 1 town..i need the names..
                            eston ? sure.. some wild-tribes will be "barbarian"..as other towns too.. such as Danzick at start?
                            ( They were under Poland.. but Pomerania was there too.. and Poland at start was very divided in feuds.. so...i think to make it barbarian..)

Mongols ? yep.. they will show up so i need a good units.. as i cant only steal from Fairline yeah ?

so.. the script i developed for this 1st scenario is very simple..quite a classic civilization game.. a long tech tree in the dark land of baltic...

1) U are the teutonic knights leader, and got only 1 town.. u must choose if develop in poland (but they r too tough at start ? ) or (as Historical) go up to Riga ..
                            the need to civilize this new land ll bring fight with the old prussian wild pagan tribes living there..
                            meanwhile other powers (Novgorod, Poland, Lithuania, Mongol? ) will develop too ..

2) You have founded a little empire.. and is so nice to manage it.. but.. your near enemies become more and more aggresive,.. and those prussian continue to revolt..

3) bad news.. poland and lithuania unite.. against you..
                            survive til 1500 and you win..

this is the basic story..happening in a detailed map.. i would love it to be long.. scenario.. as u said 200-300 years..bringing on to appear some firearms too..

then the choice is alway to make "events" strictly historical.. (in such date.. happen that ..) or to make it more "open"..
                            lately i prefer the latter.. as i think ll give more "variation" in play the scenario more then once..
                            (or use multiple events file ? is that possible ? )

ciao e ancora grazie !!!!

til next post !

(then one day we , me , u and Gagliaudo, the italian patrol , we can try to do something very italian .. if we dont start argue as our politician do !!! ) mmh...
                            history of savoy from 1600 to 1800 ? ..u know.. im piedmontese.. .. neh ? and a ciao to Gagliaudo too ! i wait from him some ideas/names for the tech tree.. "arthesian well" ? artesiano.. sarà arthesian ? lo specchio ? "the mirror" ? the mouse trap? )
                            Last edited by Von Bert; March 2, 2007, 17:56.

Comment

A Rar full of maps.

Three sets:

A ) economic areas of the baltic Order - including cities

B ) Baltic tribe names

C ) The baltic regions of the order, the neighborough regions, and their capital towns.

Perhaps point C will help you with your teutonic cities' graphs project.
                              I apologize for the poor quality of the images. Those are photos, 'cause i had to use my UMTS cellular phone. I'll scan them anew when I'll get my scanner back from repairing.

PS the idea is good. Perhaps you should set to defend a certain number of cities as a minimal objective...

Pics removed 'cause i've rescanned them.
                              Last edited by Turno; March 4, 2007, 14:29.

Comment

An article PDF format i've downloaded from Internet.

The Balts.

Sidenote:

a ) an apologize for a mistake of mine. Livonians, and not Lettonians, are of finnic ascendancy. Lettonians were Balts, and at the time divided into two loose tribal confederations, Semgalli and Letgalli.

b) Teutonic knights started from Kulm, and not Marienburg. Polish Masovian Duke gave them as fief as shield against Prussian raids. It's better if you set this as second city name in the Teutonic civ City list .

A scenario on Italian history? Hmmm... I've something else boiling up in my pot right now. I'll ask for tips next week - still working on graphics...

But... who knows? I've done researchs over these years away from Apolyton in order to create a Greco-Gothic war scenario. But I lost much of that material when my old PC 486 processor powered crashed for good.
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by Turno; March 3, 2007, 16:52.

Comment

Working...
                                X