No announcement yet.

"Rise and Fall of Teutonic Order"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thank anybody.. just downloaded the template..
    i ll try it ...
    mostly i think is my mind that dont work always well..

btw.. units.. as also the Great Master Fairline asked..here 's the COUNTER version of the units fro this scenario.. ( i ll do also a normal one ) .. units have counter, hero have just a base..
    brown/gray units are those available to ALL civ.. or so they should be.. :S

position of units ?

yeap.. i know.. MUSKETER and KNIGHT right ?
    and sounds too ?
    and other slots for barbarians ?

auchhh... im carried away by so many things to consider..

anyway i try go on.. and im sure some of u ll correct/test mistakes i may do..

Comment

I love that vintage 'shield' units!

Nice units too!
      Find my civ2 scenarios here

Ave Europa, nostra vera Patria!

Comment

Your marker system has a great visual impact VB. Look forward to seing it in the final game. It obviously has the advantage of having the stats on display and making a new player instantly aware of which units are a threat and who they belong to.
        Having another template without the markers would keep everyone happy and could be swapped over when a player has learned all the units capabilities, though after seeing the previous screenshot they may well prefer to play on with the markers!

Keep the inovations coming!
        SCENARIO LEAGUE FORUM
        SCENARIO LEAGUE WIKI SITE
        SL INFORMATION THREAD
        CIV WEBRING MULTIPLAYER FORUM

Comment

PROBLEM with cities FLAGS !

Hello

i have a problem i hope someone can solve..

FLAGS dont show over cities !!!!
          well better..whatever i do only 1 civ have the flags.
          I think is the map i did ..(with so much work.. )

- i done the map with editor..
          - i begin a game on pre-made-world
          - i then begin cheat/editor session..

but ONLY one civ is showing the FLAG over the cities!!!
          how is it possible..

in all scenario i download i can see ALL flags over cities..

is not my CITIES.gif file .. as i swapped it with other and it works..
          it seem is the map...

i really dunno..

after spending one night trying to make city.txt work.. now this..

i ll try post a saved game.. so maybe someone can help ..

thanks... :S

Comment

Do not despair!

Post up your city file and we will see about fixing it!

http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
            http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

(solved ... )
              Last edited by Von Bert; February 9, 2007, 09:47.

Comment

ok i solved it..
                im ashame of my stupidity...

FLAGS did not show on city.. cause city were EMPTY..
                that's it..

AND I WAS GETTIN SILLY LAST NIGHT OVER THIS !
                and maybe i really scre**d up my MGE version by overinstall again my old one civ version ..

anyway..
                ciao to anybody !
                Last edited by Von Bert; February 9, 2007, 09:46.

Comment

MAP preview

Hi "Collegue",

Here's a screenshot of the map, actually ll be a little larger, going from Copenhagen to past Novgorod..

Comment

Nice! We need more Baltic maps. I'm actually looking for one myself.
                    "Peace cannot be kept by force.
                    It can only be achieved by understanding"

Comment

Hi there collegues..
                      TEH TREE
                      To make a divergent tech tree.. and give teutonic a little tech tree on their own..
                      is it necessary to do as Blackclove suggest in SLTIPS ?
                      the double removed NO NO tech ?
                      or MGE can help me in other way?
                      or u have other tecniques ?

thanks..

Comment

Some books to read about:

Osprey series

Fortress series: Teutonic castles: 1 Stone castles 2 Brick castles

Elite series: Armies of ancient Russia VIII to XVI century and Medieval scandivian armies 1100 to 1300

Campaign series: Lake Peipus 1242 and Tanneberg 1410

De Agostini editore

L'ordine teutonico supplemento a Storia dossier

There's also a book about the Baltic tribes - actually it is a catalogue from The Balts: the amber people exposition in Florence 1989

Plus Archeo few years ago dedicated an article to this exposition, too.

About the tech, i'm afraid you'll have to use the NO, NO option.

Comment

Re: Lake Peipus 1242

Originally posted by Werd100
                          TEUTONIC KNIGHTS vs NOVGOROD

Lake Peipus 1242

Date: 5th April 1242
                          Forces: Teutonic Knights; unknown; Nevski's forces; unknown
                          Casualties: No reliable estimates

In spring 1242, the Teutonic grand master Gerhard von Malburg led his Knights across the frozen ice of Lake Peipus to attack Pskov. Before they could reach it, they encountered Alexander Nevski, recalled from exile to defend the city. The armies clashed on the ice on 5th April. The Teutonic Knights, possibly outnumbered 60 to one, attacked in a wedge and hours of hand-to-hand fighting ensued. The Knights finally retreated in the face of a fresh cavalry charge. In addition, their heavy armour caused the ice to crack, and many of them drowned as they retreated across it. Their defeat put a stoop to Teutonic plans to conquer Russia.
                          You forgot to tell they charged the Russian lines under an arrow rain throwed on them from the flanks by Russian Mongol allied horse archers, a thing Teutonic order was not accustomed to. Eisenstein removed it from the film to enforce the idea it was an all-Russian victory, eh eh. But actually those guys helped a lot into weakening the final charge impact on Russian lines.

Comment

Hi mister... i mean Signore..
                            thanks, grazie, for the books list.. i have some of the osprey.. and some articles here and there..

Anyway i think i ll try to do a simple thing here, as is my 1st scenario and i dunno how far i can go..
                            despite the fact that i play and mod since 10 years..

So, i hope in the help of anybody..

I ll try to post something soon..

I see you are "famous" guy here.. so.. feel free to add your touch/ideas..

I think i wish to do scen. mainly on teutonic..to make things easier.. but leave it as much as i can as a normal civilization game..
                            so.. maybe better DONT use the OBJECTIVE ? (as many town still have to be build )
                            What shell then be the victory conditions ?
                            CIv points ?
                            The fact to survive at the end of scenario ?

TECH .. NO NO.. so .. the double removed tech u mean ?
                            but i tested that anyway..the AI ll try to trade the techs..also if they derive from a ONLY-teuton tech..

grazie, ciao

Comment

Let's clear a thing: Obiectives in MGE simply sucks. They don't work properly as in FW or normal Civ. No way tio create a 3 point obiective....

Better for you if you'll do a list with every civ goals ( cities to take, cities to absolutely do not let be taken, number of cities owned at the end of the game, to estinguish an enemy, etc etc, it's up to yopur fantasy ) so everyone will be able to evaluate a game on their own.

My scanner just got screwed up yesterday, so i'll have to catch up with my cell phone and a bluetooth to post the list of teutonic districts and prussian tribes.

The NO, NO tech is useful. By using this, you can also use the same tech tree and allow some nations to develop units other cannot develop. The only bug is that this way those units never go into obsolescence. An example:

Give the NO, No tech to a civ, and assign it as obsolescence to a unit you want this nation to not be able to create. Of course, because the No, No tech is out of the normal tech tree, not only that civ is not going to be able to produce ithis unit, but also other civs, if they have the allowing unit tech, cannot get rid of it until game finishes - or if they stole the No No tech, of course. It's useful for limited range scenarios - two or two and a half centuries.

Better if you use it as a starting point for a chain of technologies for that peculiar civ, and sacrifice a couple more additional tech to use them as "antidote" just in case AI tries to trade techs.
                              See you soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Turno
                                or if they stole the No No tech, of course.
                                I thought you couldn't steal / trade NO NO techs? And even once removed techs??
                                Ankh-Morpork, we have an orangutan...
                                Discworld Scenario: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...8&pagenumber=1
                                POMARJ Scenario:http://www.apolyton.com/forums/showt...8&pagenumber=1
                                LOST LEGIONS Scenario:http://www.apolyton.com/forums/showt...hreadid=169464

Comment

Working...
                                X