Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

La Belle Epoque PBEM (for EVO immigrants)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Probably yes on all

It's old and still going. All thanks a lot to the amount of role playing, mainly due to Saladin and Typhoon's great efforts. Maybe we can even get to the era of planes and tanks...
    Find my civ2 scenarios here

Ave Europa, nostra vera Patria!

Comment

I’m afraid ISeeALL will have to replay its turn (and has a consequence Eivind too) since he simply kept on with the war against me (Japan).

ISeeALL, in case you didn’t know I got the command of the Japanese civ after my predecessor was caught cheating. Eivind modified the save so that the Japanese would get a fresh new start making an end to the war; one of the changes we made was the giving back of Hong Kong to the British Empire. So far I only played an half turn since I could not move about 90% of my units (among them all my naval units), so mainly what I did was only city management. So please replay, a war now against me would be very unfair.

Also, ISeeALL, from now on please make more detailed reports, also specifying what you destroyed and your own losses, thanks

Academia, it is nearly impossible to capture Addis Abeba without taking heavy casualties, Hills+Walls, you will need Veteran Siege Artillery units for that!

Comment

Originally posted by Lord rebel
        Academia, it is nearly impossible to capture Addis Abeba without taking heavy casualties, Hills+Walls, you will need Veteran Siege Artillery units for that!
        ok... i´ll wait till i have 20 siege artillery and mount a d-day invasion of ethiopia.
        South Atlantic Conflict v1.2 - Civ II Scenario
        Iron Curtain v1.1 - Civ II Scenario

Comment

Originally posted by Lord rebel
          ISeeALL, in case you didn’t know I got the command of the Japanese civ after my predecessor was caught cheating. Eivind modified the save so that the Japanese would get a fresh new start making an end to the war; one of the changes we made was the giving back of Hong Kong to the British Empire. So far I only played an half turn since I could not move about 90% of my units (among them all my naval units), so mainly what I did was only city management. So please replay, a war now against me would be very unfair.
          Ok, I will replay, but I don't understand what save I should download. Please post the save file here, I will load and replay it.

And btw I am not willing any war with Japanese in this scenario. I guess Eivind designed this scenario as a pure economic one because I don't see any worthy attacking unit in the roster. I tried it in single player and attacked a Japanese city on a small island near China with 10 or so battleships. No success! So, I will gladly avoid any offensive here.

Comment

But if you didn't carry out any offensive moves this turn, there's no need for replay. Or did you?

Comment

Originally posted by Eivind IV
              But if you didn't carry out any offensive moves this turn, there's no need for replay. Or did you?
              I destroyed maybe 3 Japanese battleships near chinese coast, that's all. Still, if Lord rebel doesn't want any war, I don't want either and I will remove any units from the vicinity of his cities if I replay.

Comment

Ok, but next time you do anything agressive, or defensive for that matter, you report it in the thread. You don't have to give up sensitive information, it's just a curtosity thing we do - report casualties and kills.

Good luck!

Comment

Just so everyone knows, I suggest we all write what our alliances are (at least those ones in public) so that there won't be any confusion.

Germany has the following agreements:

1. A non-aggression pact with France.

2. A defensive alliance with the USA.

3. A defensive alliance with Great Britain.

4. A defensive alliance with Italy.

5. A defensive alliance with Japan.

Comment

France has the following:

A non-aggression Pact with Germany.

A military alliance with Russia.

A defensive alliance with Great Britain.

Plus France still upholds the Loubet Doctrine, guarenteeing the independence of the Scandinavian and Benelux countries, and Hejaz (Makkah) and Abyssinia.*

*Abyssinia is on the list due to a previous player making a U-turn regarding a proposal to give Istanbul to Russia, but the city was to remain demilitarised. This can be removed should Italy drop their opposition.

Comment

Jesus, Emu, that alliance system of yours is a mess. Don't you see the potential conflict that may occur? And as far as I can tell the defensive alliance you had with Japan became nill and void once I bribed you to stay out of my war with Japan (even though the war never happened).

My relations are quite simple:

1. A military alliance with France.

Apart from that I am in respectful dialouge with all nations and have no current beef with anyone.

And yes, I remeber that about Istanbul now. My top aim is to unite the Orthodox christians of Constantinople under Russia, and drive out the Turks once and for all. I am willing to do so under negotiation of conditions set by my friends in the Med.
                      Last edited by Eivind IV; September 22, 2006, 04:32.

Comment

ISeeALL, the save you have to download is the same you used last time

Thanks for replaying (also to Eivind), i don't want any war either

Comment

replayed. Made peace with Japanese. No battles, no losses
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Eivind IV
                            Jesus, Emu, that alliance system of yours is a mess. Don't you see the potential conflict that may occur? And as far as I can tell the defensive alliance you had with Japan became nill and void once I bribed you to stay out of my war with Japan (even though the war never happened).
                            The defensive alliance with Japan was more of a mutual understanding. Ar-Pharazon and I had essentially agreed on most of the terms, including about your war with them.

Comment

replayed
                              Attached Files
                              South Atlantic Conflict v1.2 - Civ II Scenario
                              Iron Curtain v1.1 - Civ II Scenario

Comment

Oh right, forgot Academia had to replay too, sorry and thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X