No announcement yet.

Would you like to play a game??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just didn't want it to turn into ping-pong; seeing their name back a bit might motivate someone to jump in. Or maybe if you them?

Comment

• I have picked up the save and am a few turns in. I will try to get the turnset done ASAP. I am quite busy though.

StuporMan
      Man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much - the wheel, New York, wars and so on - whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time. But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man - for precisely the same reasons.

StuporMan's Supply and Demand Calculator
      Supply and Demand Calculator 2.0.1 Beta Now loading savegames!

Comment

• Good job, Elle; and thanks StuporMan. Good luck.

Monk
        so long and thanks for all the fish

Comment

• Well, I finished up my turnset and here is the log and save:

980: On last turn with MPE, I trade Greeks Writing for Gunpowder. I also give them demanded Sanitation.
          1000: Aztecs get Railroad (get those coal frieghts ready!). Communism -> Explosives. Tip Hut -> Nomad!, Silk to Tenoctitlan 592g.
          1020: Explosives -> Combustion. Silk to Zimbabwe 102g. Coal to Teotihuacan 714g.
          1040: Combustion -> Metallurgy. Library in Gordium, Market in SSC, Library in Persepolis. Hut tipped 50g. Silver to Teotihuacan 580g.
          1060: Metallurgy -> Conscription. Coal to Teotihuacan 777g.
          1080: Conscription -> Electricity. Tarsus:Engineers, Arbela:Bank, Susa:Engineers, Parsargade:Engineers, Coal to Teotihuacan (parsargade 305g), Copper to Teotihuacan 696g. (needing cash to rush build frieghts and engineers). Zulu Elephant threatening one of our settlers, I give them a couple techs to play nice.
          1100: Electricity -> Electronics. Tyre:Engineers, Sidon:Engineers, Canal:Engineers, Persepolis:Engineer, Silver -> Teotihuacan 806g.
          1120: Electronics -> Steel. Arbela:Stock Exchange & WLTCD!, Aztecs want to talk, demand war with Celts: Decline, Demand Industrialization:Accept, Share maps, Coal to Teotihuacan 880g.
          1140: We are the Wealthiest Civ, Steel -> Automobile. Sardis:Engineers, Greeks: Give a few techs, share maps. Hut:Rifleman (sidon). Salt to Athens 208g, Coal to Athens 208g, Coal to Teotihuacan 880g. (Trying to keep gold reserves at an adequate level).
          1160: Automobile -> Mass Production. Sardis Builds Library, use strategically positioned frieght in Sardis to zoom to home city of Arbela (SSC) which rush builds Superhighways! Arbela:Superhighways! Muhahahahahaah! Pollution near Arbela (doh!). Dye to Teotihuacan 440g.
          1180: Mass Productoin -> Fission. Oil to Athens 432g, Cloth to Athens 432g, Mongols wish to talk, Gift 50g, and all techs, share maps. Wine to Tlatelolco 826g.

Still cannot get down to 1 tech per turn from research, but can get a tech in 2 turns at 60% science so dial the research slider back.

Note, we have more than enough food frieghts near Arbela to build Darwins. However, I would recommend getting our research up to a tech per turn to get a possible 4 tech turn (1 from trade and first cities bulbs, 2 from Darwin, 1 from other city's research), or wait to use the Wonder to research the last few techs which will be the most expensive.

During this last turn I completed the transcontinental RR (Arbela to Sardis) and have begun to change our fleet chains (and upgrade to transports). Unfortunately I have made some weedy pathing decisions, so we have a less than optimal setup for the next turn. This shouldn't hurt us, since we have more than enough frieghts in position to get several turns worth of research done.

We are rapidly approaching our goal, so who is next?

StuporMan
          Attached Files
          Man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much - the wheel, New York, wars and so on - whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time. But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man - for precisely the same reasons.

Comment

• Nicely done and qickly, too!! Thanks, StuporMan.

About the lack of 1-turn research...
            this follows from previous decisions/choices. If the routes to Zim had been an early priority they would be contributing 32-36 arrows by now. If we had skipped/jumped several techs our 'tech cost' would be lower. But, mainly we should be in Democracy.

A Dem at 100% Science would probably get us to 1-turn. Just saying.

Whoever wants next might want to think on that.

Monk

Comment

• Okay, so who wants to step up and play next??

Change to Democracy, produce and deliver Vans, speed thru the remaining tech tree and set off for AC...all for a glorious achievement for Civkind. Doesn't this sound like fun??

Monk

Comment

• whoah, someone played some turns

I see we're getting a tech almost every turn atm, well done Hopefully we can wrap this up by Christmas
                Last edited by Tim_Augustus; October 18, 2006, 04:28.

Comment

• We can get a tech per turn using Delivery Vans (which are already in place to deliver). We are also very close to 1 tech per turn (I didn't notice we weren't in Democracy until my last turn

We do not have many turnsets to go, someone step up and take this game home!

StuporMan

Comment

• I have the game tonight; should have something by Sunday.

Comment

• Originally posted by Elephant
                      I have the game tonight; should have something by Sunday.
                      Thanks for picking up the game, Sir Elephant!! Hope you are having a grand time racing thru the tech tree.

Monk

Comment

• Didn't get enough done - only 6 turns, hope to finish tonight. Non-SSC cities are not ready yet for more than 1 tech per turn - land needs more work for more citizens.

Comment

• State of the Empire:
                          - Republic, 12 cities, Arbela SSD size 22, researching NF
                          - Got 8 Eng + 3 Set, 6 Galleons, 2 Dips
                          - 33 freights, one ship chain between Greece and Aztecs
                          - Many cities without free commodities
                          - Mongols and Celts are interested in our supplies
                          - Arbela only has 1 surplus food, Refrig would add lots more

Plan:
                          Add Transports, extend ship chain, add one to Celts
                          Get Refrig off-path for Arbela growth
                          Prep secondary cities with Markets for WL growth
                          Hold off on Darwins, take Theo for JSB on 2nd off-path
                          Revolt ASAP to Demo (Oedo=1180, next is 1260)
                          Disband supported Settlers in favor of more Eng

Redirected some production toward Transports
                          NUC FISSION; start NucPower
                          1200ad: 7 new Transports done; Copper to Teo 840g/b; gift a couple to Celts(3) & French(1) to share maps (must be Worshipful)

NUC POWER; start Laser
                          WLTCD cancelled in Arbela
                          1220ad: Dye to Ten 854g/b
                          French abandon WomSuf

LASER; start Leader
                          1240ad: Dye to Caer 870g/b; gift something to Celts(3) and Zulus(0) to get maps(Zulus landed lots east of Sardis); gift all but NF to Mongols for maps

REVOLT to Democracy!
                          1260ad: RB Courthouse in Arbela for WL; Wine to Ulundi(d) 675g/b; RBing some Libs&Unis

LEADERSHIP; start Theo(offpath)
                          1280ad: Silk to Athens 882g/b; gift to Greeks(2) for maps; French emissary(1) gift for maps
                          French restart WomSuf

THEOLOGY; start Tactics
                          1300ad: Beads to Thermo 938g/b; RB MassTransit in Arbela to kill 13 skulls (getting pollution every third turn); regift Zulu(0) for attitude and maps

TACTICS; start Refrig
                          1320ad: Arbela now size 25; Gold to Nishapur 953g/b (now wants Oil!); gift Aztecs(4) for attitude and maps
                          Barbs land NE of Arbela again! 2xDragoon+Ldr in hills

REFRIG; start Tools
                          1340ad: Pull Eng around Arbela back, vet Ele fails to kill Dragoons, bring Phalanxes into city; Sidon(?) Gold to Cardiff 168g/b, Salt to Cardiff(n) 750g/b, Oil to Nishapur 968g/b; RB a pile of Markets in secondary cities
                          Mongols change WomSuf to Darwins and complete in Kells!
                          Barbs land 3rd Dragoon from Frigate, pillage some irrigation

TOOLS; start MobWar
                          1360ad: Bribe lone Barb Dragoon, kill the 3x pile, bribe the Frigate too; charged Eng replace irrigation; Beads to Thermo 982g/b, Cloth to Carm 982g/b, put 8xFood into JSBach
                          Celts start Statue, near Magellans

MOB WAR; start Min
                          1380ad: Cloth to Carm 997g/b, Silk to Karak 997g/b; put 8xFood into Magellans

Comments:
                          Now in Demo, added Markets for city WL growth.
                          Only Bactra and Central size 2, Bactra 2 turns from 3.
                          Got four options on ship chains now.
                          STC about to get SuperMarket, Eng precharged for farmland.
                          Suggest raise Lux for empire-wide WL.
                          Bunch of cities just freed up commodities.
                          Grabbed Magellans cause Celts were near.
                          Avoiding Flight, but only Cmp left before.
                          Offpath grab Esp next.
                          Pulled Eng off Arbela hill, could transform to Plains.
                          Zulus have been quiet, Greek Frigates annoying (in Demo).

And the save:
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Elephant; November 2, 2006, 22:30.

Comment

• Great turnset, Ele. We are very close now

RJM
                            Fill me with the old familiar juice

Comment

• Elephant,

Sorry for the delay...I lost a week due to relapsing health situation. You have moved us forward nicely. Not many techs left now.

I hope someone will lead a discussion about the fastest way to finish this one off (I just don't have the snap, myself.) For example, would it be better to forgo growing cities by way of WeLove, instead keeping Science at max. Growth at this point may delay Launch (key word: may).

Anyway, I hope someone picks up the game and brings it "to the House" soon. Surely I will bounce back again but I really don't want to leave this game "hanging."

So, who wants next??

Monk

Comment

• No takers yet?

I'm suprised I didn't get raked over the coals for missing Darwins. We are getting a tech a turn now, about 2/3 from SSC research and 1/3 from caravan delivery (we've got a bunch sitting around, but only need one per turn). A WeLover could have some fun with secondary city celebrations next round, or a Conquest type could get rid of the nagging Zulus. Someone finish this one up before Monk drops out on us again!

Comment

Working...
                                X