Freeciv 2.1 beta is here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is an entire city

Can you post a link to the freeciv latest version dl for windows?
    Attached Files

Comment

varwnos, excellent work!

Just one city isn't of much use though. Maybe you could start a project creating a new city set in 'Amplio' size: 96x72 pixels.

Ah, downloading Freeciv: obviously from freeciv.org

Comment

Can you post a pic of that size?
        Also are there any pallete limitations?

Comment

Originally posted by varwnos
          Can you post a pic of that size?
          Also are there any pallete limitations?
          You can find the tilesets under the "data" directory. The different tilesets are in their own subdirectory there.

Alternatively you can use the web interface to the source repository:

The cities in Amplio are located in "ancientcities.png", "medievalcities.png" and "moderncities.png". It would be easiest to use one of those files as a template when making a new one.

Freeciv uses 24 bit RGBA png's, so you basicly don't have to worry about pallete limitations.
          We are the apt, you will be packaged.

Comment

Ty
            I will try making something.

Do you ever plan to increase city tile size to a bit bigger?

These cities by me are made so as to fill 1 civ3 tile (i do not know the size)

They are part of the wallachian and early roman set
            Attached Files

Comment

varwnos, I like what I see!

I'm putting together a Civ3 tileset based on original Civ3 graphics here . You might be interested in that project.

Comment

What will the civ3 tileset freeciv be? Any probability of it being regular freeciv? Is it a split version?

Comment

Looks like a nice arcade game I shall get my hands on this one at some point.

Comment

CIV2 news has been updated with this thread as an item!

Last edited by curtsibling; April 2, 2006, 05:36.
                    http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
                    http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

What will the civ3 tileset freeciv be? Any probability of it being regular freeciv? Is it a split version?
                      I will answer this in the Freeciv Civ3 tileset thread!

Comment

Civ2 for gameboy

Comment

Actually, this freeware may represent the next stage of evolution for CIV2...!

Comment

Ty
                            I will try making something.

Do you ever plan to increase city tile size to a bit bigger?

These cities by me are made so as to fill 1 civ3 tile (i do not know the size)

They are part of the wallachian and early roman set
                            Classic work, as ever, varwnos!

Comment

Well. after one week of playtesting (i had only tested the graphics in an earlier client and i was pleasantly surprised by the improvements in the new gtk2 client) its time to pass some judgement (this relates to the GTK2 client). Gamewise, some solid points when it comes to the way the city screen has been set up, things now come more ´natural´, the tutorial works pretty wells but could be improved on points like to explain some of the extra functions like multiple waypoints, patrols, automated roadbuilding etc..

Graphicswise I´m glad that the Amplio set seems to pass the mustard. There are always some things you would have liked to have included* or do better but I don´t think there will be any changes when it comes to the units until the official release around june. Neither the cities, Smiley´s designs are brilliant!

However...terrain1.png needs more work, the resources are still a mish mash of new and old elements. There´s no clear distinction between irrigation and farmland and the railroad tiles could be better. Furthermore there´s the issue of how to display the resourcetiles in the cityscreen. With numbers or with little icons the civ2 way?

*One unit still to be included is a leader unit. Hima pointed out on the FC forums that Harlan Thompson made some nicely suited king units for this but the last time i contacted Harlan was a long time ago. I would need to check for his permission. The only email account i know of his is old hawai.edu account and i wonder if this is still active by now (it must have been 3-4 years ago I emailed about his original LotR scenario and even then he only checked that account occasionly). Does anyone know Harlan´s current email?
                              Skeptics should forego any thought of convincing the unconvinced that we hold the torch of truth illuminating the darkness. A more modest, realistic, and achievable goal is to encourage the idea that one may be mistaken. Doubt is humbling and constructive; it leads to rational thought in weighing alternatives and fully reexamining options, and it opens unlimited vistas.

Elie A. Shneour Skeptical Inquirer

Comment

I love how the Wonders have been toned down in the default rules. Pyramids now only give a bonus that compliments the granary.

Comment

Working...
                                X