X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And yet more mines
    Attached Files

Comment

The developers of Freeciv operate under the GNU license. They cannot release material with any of the Freeciv builds that was in anyways created under a non-GNU license, such as material edited from Civ3.

Your work has to be completely original or public domain for the developers to include it in a release of the game.

However, you can add anything you want to your own personal copy of the game.

Comment

Hm, well i can always change the front of the mine, which is the part that is left from the civ3 mine

Comment

Thanks for the heads up Harry.
          "Peace cannot be kept by force.
          It can only be achieved by understanding"

Comment

As Harry already pointed out we cannot include official (copyrighted) material without permission from the authors. That includes derivative material (Civ2/3/CtP) as well. FC needs to be very careful about what gets included in the official release.

But original efforts or improvements in the current graphic set are very welcome. (we still are looking for a leader unit to be included).
            Skeptics should forego any thought of convincing the unconvinced that we hold the torch of truth illuminating the darkness. A more modest, realistic, and achievable goal is to encourage the idea that one may be mistaken. Doubt is humbling and constructive; it leads to rational thought in weighing alternatives and fully reexamining options, and it opens unlimited vistas.

Elie A. Shneour Skeptical Inquirer

Comment

Exactly.

Though, feel free to edit the graphics like we do with Civ2. We can still exchange edited graphics for use in Freeciv. I believe the palette is the same if not larger than ToT and depending on the tileset the graphics are made for the units, terrain, and cities can be of larger dimensions than used in civ2 or ToT.

Comment

Originally posted by varwnos
                Hm, well i can always change the front of the mine, which is the part that is left from the civ3 mine
                Very true.

Comment

Here are two original buildings by me
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Boco
                    Any feedback Barocca?
                    Read Barocca's feedback here ... if you dare to venture outside the SL forums

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Tuttle
                      Exactly.

Though, feel free to edit the graphics like we do with Civ2. We can still exchange edited graphics for use in Freeciv. I believe the palette is the same if not larger than ToT and depending on the tileset the graphics are made for the units, terrain, and cities can be of larger dimensions than used in civ2 or ToT.
                      Both tileset size and palette are virtually unlimited in Freeciv! The most common size (isometric) is still the same as Civ2 - 64x32. However, the new standard tilset Amplio is 96x48. Few tilesets so far are of the same size as Civ3 - 128x64.

Comment

[OT] Strijders Code: I wonder if this Dutch word was the source of Tolkien's incognito Ranger name for Aragorn?[/OT]

How well does the ICS strategy work in FreeCiv 2.1? Does it make it the cakewalk that it does for Civ2?
                        El Aurens v2 Beta!

Comment

It is very good!
                          Awe-inspiring work, gentlemen!

But - Please, two requests!

Map the enter key to end a turn...
                          Have diplomacy messages make a pop-up!

http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
                          http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

Your dl links do not work

Comment

The original links were to to the ftp site. It´s now available from the main site.
                              Skeptics should forego any thought of convincing the unconvinced that we hold the torch of truth illuminating the darkness. A more modest, realistic, and achievable goal is to encourage the idea that one may be mistaken. Doubt is humbling and constructive; it leads to rational thought in weighing alternatives and fully reexamining options, and it opens unlimited vistas.

Elie A. Shneour Skeptical Inquirer

Comment

Originally posted by curtsibling
                                It is very good!
                                Awe-inspiring work, gentlemen!

But - Please, two requests!

Map the enter key to end a turn...
                                Have diplomacy messages make a pop-up!

1. 'Enter' does indeed end the turn in the SDL client. 'Shift-enter' ends turn in the GTK2 client.

2. Take a look at 'Game' menu->'Message Options' (GTK2). It might be customizable from there.

Comment

Working...
                                X