Freeciv 2.1 beta is here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

and Leo's workshop has been toned down, it now upgrades one unit per turn,

however you can also upgrade you units yourself - it just costs cash to do so.
    (click the "units" report and see which of your units can be upgraded)

B.
    Do not try and patch the bug. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth.
    What truth?
    There is no bug. There is no bug?
    Then you'll see, that it is not the bug that is patched, it is only yourself.

Comment

Well, here´s an screenshot of my current position(darkbrown), I´m leading in the wonder race but falling behind in cities and population plus i managed to piss off the Chinese. Luckily i´m allied with the Thai (red) who are doing the heavy lifting for me.

P.S That white circle in the center is the pole.
      Attached Files
      Skeptics should forego any thought of convincing the unconvinced that we hold the torch of truth illuminating the darkness. A more modest, realistic, and achievable goal is to encourage the idea that one may be mistaken. Doubt is humbling and constructive; it leads to rational thought in weighing alternatives and fully reexamining options, and it opens unlimited vistas.

Elie A. Shneour Skeptical Inquirer

Comment

And the big push against the Chinese is underway. Probably also the last of the smaller easier opponents, the rest is pretty big.
        Attached Files
        Skeptics should forego any thought of convincing the unconvinced that we hold the torch of truth illuminating the darkness. A more modest, realistic, and achievable goal is to encourage the idea that one may be mistaken. Doubt is humbling and constructive; it leads to rational thought in weighing alternatives and fully reexamining options, and it opens unlimited vistas.

Comment

Although the medieval euro set for freeciv is of high quality, i could try to make an alt one using my own sets.
          For example this could be size #4
          Attached Files

Comment

Looks pretty good Varwnos, although the colours used are are a bit too brown/greenish for my taste. For a Civ3 tileset that may fit in better but for the normal set they may be a bit more ' cartoony'.
            Attached Files

Comment

I like your sets a lot, but i definately cannot make something like them

Comment

Here's a little glimpse of the game I've been playing late at night for the past week or so.

- 20 opponents
                - 6,000 tile map
                - Poles are not seperate continents
                - Normal Difficulty
                - Default Freeciv rules

So far I've wiped out two opponents and have managed to become one of the pre-eminent civs on the planet. I have the Pyramids (extra boost to food storage cumulative with granaries), Leo's Workshop (one unit upgrade a turn), and Mike's Chapel (A cathedral in every city).

I've set my research goal to railroad and with my plethora of worker units I will create a transportation network that should enable me to expand exponentially in the next 20 turns.

The game is stable, very stable.

I've gotta check out files and the themes people are putting out. I want to customize the user interface for myself and add some good color to the game.

I had no problem installing the game this time, unlike with previous versions. It worked fine when installing on XP.

I'm impressed so far. I have yet to see the prototype event system.

Comment

Working...
                X