Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heresson, the community lives from shared ideas. And I believe more people will remember you when they read in the credits of other scns that you had one of the new ideas that are implemented.
    Posting a great idea here without revealing it leads only to disappointments. If you will make sure that nobody "steals" your idea, simply post an addition like Polaris did with his units for the secret project, as far as I kow, everyone has respected it.

------------------
    Civ2000 hosted by CivII Universum
    Blah

Comment

Would it be possible to make a civ allied to the barbarians (untill I break the alliance whit an event)?
      No Fighting here, this is the war room!

Comment

Isn't there anyone who can answer my question?
        No Fighting here, this is the war room!

Comment

Yes, it should be possible, see Andrew Livings' "Crises of the new world order":
          I also sneakily allied the Allies with the Rogue states via hex-editing because in previous versions the conflict between UN peacekeepers and Rogue units at the start of the game made it almost too easy for the human player to go in next and finish the job. This alliance is invisible, and unbreakable because the alliance is fixed for both sides and can only be broken through negotiation, which you can't do with the Barbarians. It also simulates the role of the UN as a more neutral player - except under your command.
          Or, to quote Allard:
          byte 37-64 Treaties. 4 bytes for the treaties with all 7 civs (including their own civ).
          1st byte: .... ...1 - contact
          .... ..1. - cease fire
          .... .1.. - peace
          .... 1... - alliance (with peace always)
          ...1 .... - vendetta
          1... .... - embassy
          2nd byte: ..1. .... - war
          .... .1.. - ???? used by game
          3rd byte: ..1. .... - ???? used by game
          4th byte: ????
          then the 1st byte for the next civ, for all 7 civs.

NOTE: You can also combine these values, for example to create a war and an
          alliance at the same time. In this example, your units will be repaired when
          attacking enemy cities, but in the diplomacy screens the civ will talk with you
          as if you were at war. More similar strange effects can occur.
          Civilization Webring Forum

Comment

This one looks to be newer: Everything about Hex-Editing - UPDATED
            Civ2 "Great Library Index": direct download, Apolyton attachment

Comment

Where can I find a description of the address that control's whether a city can build a hydro plant? Can't seem to find it in Allard's document. This is new territory for me, but it's time to get my feet wet.
              El Aurens v2 Beta!

Comment

It can be done with CivCity though... It isn't mentioned indeed, but it should be one of the missing bits in the 5th, 6th or 7th byte of the city code...

I think I must have the info somewhere, but not on this computer.
                Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Not with multimap ToT files. Talk about bait and hook! EA addicted me to CivCity, and now I'm going through severe withdrawal pains. Sigh! I'll just have to placate myself with SpriteGen.

Wobbegongfish sent me the info:
                  It’s the 8th byte of each city entry
                  El Aurens v2 Beta!

Comment

Originally posted by Boco
                    Wobbegongfish sent me the info:
                    Wobbegongfish?

'kin' 'ell, I just noticed this. Specifically, it's the 8th byte for ToT, 6th for older versions.
                    Catfish's Cave - Resources for Civ2: Test of Time | Test of Time FAQ | War of the Ring scenario

Comment

In a PBEM how can we make a Ctrl-N for a player that exceeded his time limit? Of course I mean by hexediting.
                      Civ2 "Great Library Index": direct download, Apolyton attachment

Comment

Sorry, finger troubles.
                        Excerpts from the Manual of the Civilization Fanatic :

Money can buy happiness, just raise the luxury rate to 50%.
                        Money is not the root of all evil, it is the root of great empires.

Comment

Working...
                        X