No announcement yet.

After RomaMini, Throughout AEII

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very nice Chris! Those two will be great additions.

Comment

• While I try to get the millionaire unit down right, why don't you share with us some more ideas you've come up with for this little island of mystery, where even the likes of Rhodes himself could not triumph.

Comment

• OK, I guess I can fill some more of the scenario in.

Oh, by the way, in this "world" Cecil Rhodes recovers his good health and is in his 70s. So all you people who are going "I wonder if he knows that he died in 1902" just nod your heads and wonder at my ability to fill in plotholes.

Ok, anyways, I'd like to incorporate the extra terrain graphics we have and use them to make large landmarks, ala large planets, etc.

As the scenario progresses you will come across the natives of the island as well as a number of the local wildlife, who will of course be intent on eating you. I need some bugs, some dinos, and whatever else might be fun and interesting.

If we are to have extra maps included I'd like to have a few hero units that will be your only usable units for the underworld of the island. Once down below it will be up to your adventurers to discover the true history behind the island and escape.

The basic mechanics behind the island are rather simple and easy to create. The only real hard part are the graphics and creating that sense of awe. I'll try to work on the design this weekend and test out the AI's response to the where the civs start, how well they interact/explore etc...

Comment

• Well I'm glad to hear Cecil gets his good health back and continues to live a rich life well into this story. It almost makes me wonder how in real life Rhodes could have further influced the world had he lived and remained active.

Anyways, as for these strange and bizzare wildlife I'll do what I can to contribute but animals aren't my strength. I might take a run at some sort of man eating plant though, a type of monsterous Venus Fly Trap perhaps .

While we're on the topic of wild and wacky units, how's progress going for AE2?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sarsstock
            While we're on the topic of wild and wacky units, how's progress going for AE2?
            Just not going to let that one sit in the attic are you? I haven't worked on it in awhile, beyond organizing everything. I might find time in the next few weeks. I've got a girlfriend who's very understanding, but I do have to pay some attention to her. Plus busy season is here so I get home later in the evening. It'll get done...

Comment

• Working on the map right now and adding in primary events...

Comment

• OK, I need a large graphic depicting a skeleton of some big animal. Something that could be used in a game...

Comment

• yep, that's right, I need big graphics to use with the terrain2 file...

Comment

• A big monster skelleton eh? I wonder if he'll have any still living relatives alive and roaming the island. In any case I'll have that millionaire unit ready for ya soon my friend.

Just what kind of monster skelleton are we talking about here? A giant snake? Dinosaur? A massive ape perhaps?

Comment

• Any sort will do

Comment

• I'm finding out it's hard to find good graphics for the large murals...

Comment

• Aha!

Making the large graphics are good fun, and I discovered
                          there was a bit of an artform to making them match up
                          perfectly...I will post my findings when I get home from
                          work....I am using Terrain2 mega-features quite a bit
                          in the Dalek scenario...

http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
                          http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

• I once tried to mimic what you did in "Extermination" Curt with that spaceship in the research lab, by replacing it with one of Gareth's Tie Fighters. Needless to say, it wasn't nearly as easy as it seemed to be.

Comment

• Well I've done the murals before. In that small scenario I packaged with AEI I had two Stukas sitting at the end of the research lab. It's a bit of a pain, but it is definately doable.

Comment

• How's this one going Harry? Are you still in the market for that giant square spanning skelleton? What about any other units you think you might need?

Comment

Working...
                                X