No announcement yet.

Australian civ group: the "Will Deity ever finish a game?" thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trev and I experimented with Civ 4. Trev had trouble because of limited comp specs but I managed to play a session with the Aussie Civ 4 group set up by Mike.

I REALLY LIKE IT!

As long as everyone is running on a good PC with fast connections it's just as quick as Civ 2 once you're running. I'm addicted again but have much to learn. It's like Civ 1 all over - the excitement, the unknown...

It's a beautiful game.
    "Old age and skill will overcome youth and treachery. "
    *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

• The daylight savings switches have made it tough for me. Oz is now 10 hours ahead, putting the usual game time into my morning. I'll have to see what I can do.
      " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
      "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

• we're going into winter here - aaargh!
        Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

• Same here. Though autumn is beautiful with the changing colours, there's a chill in the air. Winter will be interesting. They had snow through until April last winter. Still, it's nice to have authentic seasons, unlike Sydney's ongoing twelve months of souplike humidity.
          " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
          "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

• you bought civ4 yet?
            Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Comment

• Originally posted by Alexander's Horse
              you bought civ4 yet?
              waiting for me dad to buy it for me
              The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

• I can't get it here son - I might have to get you to buy it for me

Comment

• finbar won't be getting it
                  "Old age and skill will overcome youth and treachery. "
                  *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

• Doubt that it's available for Mac yet.

EDIT. After a bit of a trawl, I found reference to an early-2006 release for a Mac version. I won't hold my breath.
                    Last edited by finbar; November 22, 2005, 09:16.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alexander's Horse
                      I can't get it here son - I might have to get you to buy it for me
                      I'll buy it for you if you pay the airfair so I can hand deliver it.

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

• I'd have to take you off the immigration alert list first

Its been work, work, work, for me lately, no time for civ (damnit).

Comment

• Wow - this thread is as dead as...

I've been trying to keep warm mainly.

I bought civ4 and have been playing that SP. I notice deity has defected to the civ4 Mp brigade.

My comp had a major crash and I lost civ 2 off my system but I can load it again. The old comp has the patch installed.

Compliments of the season to all

Comment

• what happened to my xmas pressies dad?

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

• its in the mail

Comment

• bloody korean mail will never interact with aussie post

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

Working...
                                X