Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mind you finbar has not attacked me yet; nor has AtomAnt or Trev. Time will tell...
    "Old age and skill will overcome youth and treachery. "
    *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

• but you have attacked finbar.............. my eyes are watering
      Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

• the war between the celts and persians continues, and it is the sort of war that you go to because there is nothing better to do
        "the bigger the smile, the sharper the knife"
        "Every now and again, declare peace. it confuses the hell out of your enemies."

Comment

• ain't they all
          Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Comment

• I have ADSL. I'm talking to you via it. Want a suggestion for something to brighten up a dull day? Go to a foreign country where your grasp of the language is reasonable, but not particularly so in the realms of IT, and order ADSL with the help of a friendly local who rings Telecom Italia on your behalf and battles through the bureaucracy to arrange it for you. Then wait for the postman to deliver a big cardboard box from Telecom Italia containing an ADSL modem, an installation CD, and a lot of technical info all in Italian, mostly using words that were conceived well after your dictionary was printed.

Sit, with the dictionary in your lap and the technical info in your hands, trying to create a rough translation of what's required. Then insert the CD into your computer and work through the installation process, discovering that a lot of it differs from what you've already read. Also discover along the way that the software is incompatible with the new OS that your missus has just persuaded you to install. Do a clean re-install of your original OS and start all over again. Eventually, you load the software, stumble through the registration process, remembering to register in the landlord's name because the phone is in his name, therefore the ADSL has to be in his name, because it costs an arm and a leg and takes months to change it inro your own name.

Three or four hours later, you're chatting to your chums via ADSL.

Never a dull day in this neck of the woods.
            " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
            "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

• sounds like a typical deity turn

Comment

• Originally posted by Alexander's Horse
                sounds like a typical deity turn
                I dunno, they sounds like fighten words to me.... Perhaps diety will take them pointedly, and subsequently bury the point of the knife in someone's back....

Still it sounds like in the last few weeks, the Aus Civ group has almost doubled in size. You don't get that wort of return on investment anywhere else....
                "the bigger the smile, the sharper the knife"
                "Every now and again, declare peace. it confuses the hell out of your enemies."

Comment

• Sounds like penny stocks.
                  Life and death is a grave matter;
                  all things pass quickly away.
                  Each of you must be completely alert;
                  never neglectful, never indulgent.

Comment

• hello Sneak Watcha been doing?

Ato, I don't know if this has happened yet but deity likes to icq newbies during the game and involve them in nefarious conspiracies. Don't be alarmed, we've all been there and he drops you like a hot stone eventually. Something to look forward to.

Also, background your K if you ever attack deity cos he likes to spam with KC messages in order to give himself time to rehome units, fortify them or change builds

If he gets on the KC you know its hurting him. Work fast.
                    Last edited by Alexander's Horse; June 9, 2005, 23:28.

Comment

• My goodness!

Is Horsie talking about moi?

I can't relate to all that
                      *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

but you have attacked finbar.............. my eyes are watering
                        That was an ACCIDENT!

Sort of... you see I thought he was allied to his ally Makeo who had declared war on me...

LOL
                        *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

• Originally posted by atomant
                          the war between the celts and persians continues, and it is the sort of war that you go to because there is nothing better to do
                          you could stick a knife in my back
                          *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

• jj Trev!
                            *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

• LOL @ finbar!

Welcome back to Australia mate
                              *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

sounds like a typical deity turn
                                Let's use a timer and see who's turns are the longest... most people prepare dinner during your turns!

ROTFLMAO
                                *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

Working...
                                X