No announcement yet.

An epic MAFIA scenario

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You can also place mines, roads and railways on ocean terrain. Interestingly, the only improvements that you can't are irrigation and farmland.

Will you have someone hexedit out the pollution effects, Evind?
    Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

• Originally posted by typhoon
      Pollution on water? It's a good idea to use pollution in order to cover the canals to give the impression of roads, but I thought pollution doesn't show on ocean tiles.

(Then again, I am an ignoramus. )
      '

Absolutely, this will be the same technique I used in The Norwegian Campaign v.1 to make impassable borders to the non combat nations.

Originally posted by techumseh
      Will you have someone hexedit out the pollution effects, Evind?
      Yes, a couple of pages away AGRICOLA agreed to take care of this for me. This won't be topical though before I start the in game process. It just a lengthy and boring job to work in civmap, so it's going rather slow. But I'm beginning to see some light in the end of the tunnell...

Would anyone have a clue of where the non habitable areas in the NYC surroundings is? Preferebly in forms of a map (such as the ones GePap posted). The more geographical info I could get from this period the better.
      Find my civ2 scenarios here

Ave Europa, nostra vera Patria!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kobra
        Since the last time I've made some new cars. Now I'm pretty much covered car wise from the 30s and up to the 60s.

Can't wait for the FBI guys, Gareth Btw, could you also make one of the mobsters with coath with his hands in his pockets and his collar upwards, if you understand what I mean. Like the scene in the Godfather where Michael and the baker guy has to stand on the steps of the hospital giving the impression that they were armed when the hit men drove by.

And how would a laqyer look like? An unarmed well dressed man would maybe be adequate? Or maybe he could be armed with a book (the laws) or something?
        Oops, forgot about the FBI man. Bear with me, I'm trying to make a tank, a plane and some Bronze Age warriors. Next weekend maybe.

Do you mean a lawyer BTW?
        http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.ph...ory:Civ2_Units

Comment

• Oh wow Eivind, those cars are great!

Comment

• @ Eivind

Thanks for the information.I think that vodakov made a barrister unit sometime back- but I'm not certain if it could be used, since he's got a wig, which is IIRC a custom of courts practising English Common Law in the Commonwealth. Maybe you can take the wig off, to make him look American...

Then again, we could wait for fairline to blow us away.

Comment

• Can't wait to see this scenario, I hope to hear of such brutal maniacs as Al Capone, Bugsy Siegel and Lucky Luciano!

http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
              http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by fairline
                Oops, forgot about the FBI man. Bear with me, I'm trying to make a tank, a plane and some Bronze Age warriors. Next weekend maybe.
                No sweat at all. Take your time.

Originally posted by fairline
                Do you mean a lawyer BTW?
                Yes, I do mean a lawyer. Some unarmed connected guys, in one way or the other (non fighting units), would be great as well.

Comment

• Btw, I could use some advice on what cities should or could represent. Should it be streets, famous locations, buildings, a combination of many things or something else?

And as I asked earlier: does anyone know where the various families had their headquarters and how far stretched their powers were? I'm just very unsecure on how and where I should place the different civs.

Comment

• I have a link here to various important crime families and mafia people.

The Rotten Biography Library also has a good mafia section -
                    But I would not recommend that site to the weak hearted!

http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
                    http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Cities ought to be neighborhoods.
                      Visit First Cultural Industries
                      There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
                      Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

Working...
                      X