No announcement yet.

An epic MAFIA scenario

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will bars/restaurants/hotels only be buildable at estate terrain? Seems logical to me, but I could be way out.
    "Peace cannot be kept by force.
    It can only be achieved by understanding"

Comment

Originally posted by Arthedain
      Will bars/restaurants/hotels only be buildable at estate terrain? Seems logical to me, but I could be way out.
      Bingo, Martin! Pretty neat, eh?

I havn't quite worked out all the ideas for game dynamics yet, but I reckon I'll go with a sollution like this. If you build bars/restaurants/hotels on estate (hills) terrain the bonuses will be bigger, but you may very well build it on other terrains as well, only with a smaller bonus. Or maybe just on estates. What do you guys think of that?
      Last edited by Eivind IV; February 9, 2005, 08:31.
      Find my civ2 scenarios here

Ave Europa, nostra vera Patria!

Comment

I think thats a great idea personally, its just another element that gives the game a more 1930's urban lifestyle feel.

Comment

IMHO it should only be buildable on estates, which should be found here and there.
          "Peace cannot be kept by force.
          It can only be achieved by understanding"

Comment

Quick and dirty Mafiosi and made men:
            http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.ph...ory:Civ2_Units

Comment

If you call that quick'n'dirty ... outstanding, Gareth!

Oh, btw: "Never hate your enemies. It affects your judgement."

Comment

Originally posted by fairline
                Quick and dirty Mafiosi and made men:
                Fairline once again is the King of Chicago!
                Skeptics should forego any thought of convincing the unconvinced that we hold the torch of truth illuminating the darkness. A more modest, realistic, and achievable goal is to encourage the idea that one may be mistaken. Doubt is humbling and constructive; it leads to rational thought in weighing alternatives and fully reexamining options, and it opens unlimited vistas.

Elie A. Shneour Skeptical Inquirer

Comment

@Fairline:
                  Thanks a bunch, Gareth! These are just gorgeous! Really apreciative the work you just did, my friend! Thanks!

My mods pale in comparison to these!
                  Last edited by Eivind IV; February 11, 2005, 19:47.

Comment

Here's the unit file this far. Tweaked and MGE-ified the Fairline units.

I have room for plenty more units btw...
                    Last edited by Eivind IV; February 12, 2005, 09:33.

Comment

• My god those units are looking good there Eivind, I think your well on your way to creating a true classic. I love it when a scenario creator puts this much effort into creating truly original units for his or her scenario.

Comment

• Gareth and eivind, your units look magnificent!
                        Ankh-Morpork, we have an orangutan...
                        Discworld Scenario: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...8&pagenumber=1
                        POMARJ Scenario:http://www.apolyton.com/forums/showt...8&pagenumber=1
                        LOST LEGIONS Scenario:http://www.apolyton.com/forums/showt...hreadid=169464

Comment

• Thought it was going to be ToT? Oh well, here are some MGE versions which have all been tweaked a bit. Your Tommy-gunner's arm was a bit strange and the light buff-coloured men are washed out, if you don't mind me saying
                          http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.ph...ory:Civ2_Units

Comment

• Originally posted by fairline
                            Thought it was going to be ToT? Oh well, here are some MGE versions which have all been tweaked a bit. Your Tommy-gunner's arm was a bit strange and the light buff-coloured men are washed out, if you don't mind me saying
                            Not at all, Gareth, you're the one with the calibrated eyeballs, unfortunately I don't have that seventh sense you're blessed with Looks much better than my efforts, so many thanks!

As for the MGE or TOT, I think I might have found a way to have it in MGE after all

Btw, what source pics did you use?
                            Last edited by Eivind IV; February 12, 2005, 09:37.

Comment

• Looks better now, eh?

btw, how would the feds look? would they just have some black suits and a tommy gun or something?

EDIT:
                              updated with Fairline's cops
                              Last edited by Eivind IV; March 7, 2005, 10:55.

Comment

• I'm curious Eivind, do you intend on filling up all the unit slots? Are we going to "Ladies of the Night" units in the gameplay? Units that would basically act as either trade/caravan units to generate revenue or spy units.

Comment

Working...
                                X