An epic MAFIA scenario

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sarsstock
    I'm curious Eivind, do you intend on filling up all the unit slots? Are we going to "Ladies of the Night" units in the gameplay? Units that would basically act as either trade/caravan units to generate revenue or spy units.
    My 2 cents:

Immigrants can be "killed" to gain low level thugs. Immigrants will "arrive" at the docks. When killed the low level thugs appear in the docks or in the immigrant slums. If this is made in MGE then maybe just make this an event for one family because of event space. If in ToT it can be for all.

Alcohol caravan that can be killed for money.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sarsstock
      I'm curious Eivind, do you intend on filling up all the unit slots? Are we going to "Ladies of the Night" units in the gameplay? Units that would basically act as either trade/caravan units to generate revenue or spy units.
      Erwan's collection is a great spot to pick up some broads.
      Skeptics should forego any thought of convincing the unconvinced that we hold the torch of truth illuminating the darkness. A more modest, realistic, and achievable goal is to encourage the idea that one may be mistaken. Doubt is humbling and constructive; it leads to rational thought in weighing alternatives and fully reexamining options, and it opens unlimited vistas.

Elie A. Shneour Skeptical Inquirer

Comment

• Have a unit i made for a scenario that had a 17 min. lifespan she was orriginally supposed to be some sort elite palace guard,
        i'm sure that with the right tweaks she can fit in with the rest of the units, probably as one of those ladies-of-the-night you speak of,
        i know, i have one twisted mind for a girl my age
        I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
        Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
        Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

• Nice concept and some outstanding units- I can't wait to play this one!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kobra
            Btw, what source pics did you use?
            Various photos on the net.

how would the feds look? would they just have some black suits and a tommy gun or something?
            I can draw one up. I suggest an FBI shield to distinguish him from the Mob.

I've made some cops as well Eivind. NYPD wore double breasted jackets in the 30's:
            http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.ph...ory:Civ2_Units

Comment

• Originally posted by fairline
              I've made some cops as well Eivind. NYPD wore double breasted jackets in the 30's:
              I'm viewing this on my parent's flat screen and those are some of your best. The detail I can see with this damn thing is astounding.

Comment

• Originally posted by Harry Tuttle
                Immigrants can be "killed" to gain low level thugs. Immigrants will "arrive" at the docks. When killed the low level thugs appear in the docks or in the immigrant slums. ........
                I believe that Harry used a version of this in his Gold Gulch scenario. The idea is great, but I would urge some caution in using this approach. There is a risk that events can create a loop where a player kills an immigrant and the killing triggers the spawning of a replacement immigrant and one or more thugs. A thug (likely one of any number of existing ones posted where the immigrant are respawned) kills the newly spawned immigrant and the cycle continues.

The result of events automatically respawning immigrants and spawning thugs is that in less than 20 turns a player can flood the scen with thugs simply by moving all new thugs to the location where immigrants are spawned and using them to kill immigrants as they are respawned.

Probably the easiest way to limit the cycle would be to make the respawning of immigrants a RandomTurn event with denominator = 2 or 3.
                Excerpts from the Manual of the Civilization Fanatic :

Money can buy happiness, just raise the luxury rate to 50%.
                Money is not the root of all evil, it is the root of great empires.

Comment

Those cops are outstanding! Grazie!

Originally posted by fairline
                  I feel like a spoiled brat, but I'd be a very happy man if you could

Btw, would the mafiosi have shields? Do you know if they have some sort of family emblem or shield or something?

Originally posted by Harry Tuttle
                  Immigrants can be "killed" to gain low level thugs. Immigrants will "arrive" at the docks. When killed the low level thugs appear in the docks or in the immigrant slums. If this is made in MGE then maybe just make this an event for one family because of event space. If in ToT it can be for all.
                  Really interesting...Thanks!

Originally posted by AGRICOLA
                  Probably the easiest way to limit the cycle would be to make the respawning of immigrants a RandomTurn event with denominator = 2 or 3.
                  Thanks!

Originally posted by Harry Tuttle
                  Alcohol caravan that can be killed for money.
                  The scen will start after the prohibition, at the start of The Five Families Era and the forming of the The Commision.

Originally posted by Sarsstock
                  I'm curious Eivind, do you intend on filling up all the unit slots?
                  You know, I'm still very intrigued by the idea of having this as a real epic mafia scen, stretching from the 30s to the 70s-80s somtime. In this way it would be no problem to fill up all the unit slots at all. You would get upgraded cars, upgraded weaponry (more variation), the tech tree would be bigger and there would be more historical events to cover

(...Continuing below)

Originally posted by Sarsstock
                  Are we going to "Ladies of the Night" units in the gameplay? Units that would basically act as either trade/caravan units to generate revenue or spy units.
                  The list of unit ideas I got from AGRICOLA on the prev page were fantastic. I intend to use many of those.

Ideas for special units:
                  Settler: Rental agents?
                  Engineer: Construction Worker(s)?

Diplomat: Lawyer (limited abilities)?
                  Spy: Maybe consiglieri, but if lost you'll loose much money. (limited abilities) If not consiglieri, maybe Investor or Saboteur (limited abilities).?

Caravan: Prostitutes?
                  Freight: Smuggled goods?

Maybe there even would be some civ specific famous mobsters involved in the scen.
                  Last edited by Eivind IV; February 13, 2005, 13:05.
                  Find my civ2 scenarios here

Ave Europa, nostra vera Patria!

Comment

Various photos on the net.

What impresses me the most is the shield emblems. Very distinct. What's your secret Fairline?
                    Skeptics should forego any thought of convincing the unconvinced that we hold the torch of truth illuminating the darkness. A more modest, realistic, and achievable goal is to encourage the idea that one may be mistaken. Doubt is humbling and constructive; it leads to rational thought in weighing alternatives and fully reexamining options, and it opens unlimited vistas.

Elie A. Shneour Skeptical Inquirer

Comment

• Originally posted by CapTVK
                      What impresses me the most is the shield emblems. Very distinct. . . .
                      Very accurate also. Fairline did small shields with unit insignia for Market Garden. Some time after playing the scen, I was watching some WWII show on the History channel and noticed a couple of paratroopers. No problem identifying their unit by their shoulder patches . . . . British 1st Airborne.

Amazing what he he can do with 12 x 12 pixels.
                      Excerpts from the Manual of the Civilization Fanatic :

Money can buy happiness, just raise the luxury rate to 50%.
                      Money is not the root of all evil, it is the root of great empires.

Comment

• Nice cops, fairline!

http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
                        http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

• I also agree Gareth those cops are fantastics. I love the new pose of the slightly hunched over figure with the rifle. I can honestly see it becoming the prefered pose for units in the future.

I know I for one want nearly all my infantry in the ToT remake of "Jules Verne" to have that pose. I might also try to take the colouring style you applied to the truck unit Gareth and apply it to some car units, for either use in this scenario if Eivind deems them usefull of use on my own projects.

I'm curious Eivind, will the crime families be able to receive the odd police unit via an events trigger to represent the corruption of police being bought out by the crime families?

Comment

• Since the last time I've made some new cars. Now I'm pretty much covered car wise from the 30s and up to the 60s.

Can't wait for the FBI guys, Gareth Btw, could you also make one of the mobsters with coath with his hands in his pockets and his collar upwards, if you understand what I mean. Like the scene in the Godfather where Michael and the baker guy has to stand on the steps of the hospital giving the impression that they were armed when the hit men drove by.

And how would a laqyer look like? An unarmed well dressed man would maybe be adequate? Or maybe he could be armed with a book (the laws) or something?

Comment

• Here'e the work I've done so far in civmap. When I've made all the roads finished I will fill them with the pollution (none of the roads (canals) are leading into the ocean btw).

Comment

• Pollution on water? It's a good idea to use pollution in order to cover the canals to give the impression of roads, but I thought pollution doesn't show on ocean tiles.

(Then again, I am an ignoramus. )

Comment

Working...
                                X