No announcement yet.

Empire of the Rising Sun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I agree, Erika. The sky's the limit if we can master animation! BTW, Mercator has a sprite editor on his website. Maybe try playing around with that.

Comment

• Say, I need a good touch-up artist. Could some please convert the background colors of this cities file to proper ToT standards? Right now I've got a big purple thing rising up behind all my cities on screen (because, to be honest, I made the mistake of directly copying and pasting from my MGE version of this scen). I'd appreciate any help. Thanks!

Comment

• Holy god.

Unless you post the file before you ****ed it up like this, I'm afraid there's nothing anyone can do.

Comment

• I think that damage came from converting it from a bitmap to a .gif file. However, the bitmap in my scen folder is to big to post. What should I do?

Comment

• Try zipping it.

Comment

• Duh! How could I forget about that. I'll get right on it.

Comment

• Okay. Here it is, undamaged by transferral to .gif.

Comment

• Originally posted by Patine
                  Could some please convert the background colors of this cities file to proper ToT standards?
                  The only recognised transparent background colour in cities.bmp is magenta - plus whatever you choose as your secondary colour/s. Once again you're looking at the pixel in the top-left corner of each icon box. This goes for the city, flag, fortified, fortress, airbase and transporter icons.

Since you have no signatures to worry about, you could set the entire background area to magenta. If you want to keep the purple background colour, mark the corner pixels. Couldn't be simpler.

Originally posted by Patine
                  I think that damage came from converting it from a bitmap to a .gif file.
                  Saving the file as a gif automatically reduces your colour depth from 24-bit to 8-bit. What's worse is that MS Paint introduces some kind of fixed Web-Safe palette. It also applies a highly regular pattern of dithering when it resamples the colours, hence the "****ed up" appearance.
                  Last edited by Catfish; January 16, 2005, 06:17.
                  Catfish's Cave - Resources for Civ2: Test of Time | Test of Time FAQ | War of the Ring scenario

Comment

• save as png, or open up an already existing gif file and copy the bmps stuff to it
                    I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
                    Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
                    Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

• here, converted to gif
                      I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
                      Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
                      Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

• Thanks Erika and Catfish for the help!

Now, I do need some help with an event decision. I have a tech called, "Tide Turning," which is a prequisite for "Desperate Tactics" (which grants Bansai Troops), which itself is a prerequisite for "Divine Wind," (which grants the Okha suicide plane). What I need is an idea for a battle won by the US (essentially, a city captured by the Americans), that would give the Japanese the Tide Turning advance. Does anyone have any ideas on what that city should be?

Comment

• Will the the techs for Banzai troops and Okha a/c have to be researched or will they be given by events?

If researched, the question cannot be answered without knowing what the approximate Japanese research rate will be at that stage of the game?

If the techs are given by events, events could also give the Japanese a few of the units. Historically, suicide attacks became common in early '44. Pick an event such as as the loss of a city in the Philippines or Marianas to give the Japanese time to build the units.
                          Excerpts from the Manual of the Civilization Fanatic :

Money can buy happiness, just raise the luxury rate to 50%.
                          Money is not the root of all evil, it is the root of great empires.

Comment

• Ultimately, I had initially planned the two latter techs to be researched, stemming from the first tech, but I do now see that in that case, I'd need to choose a battle that historically happened as early as '43 or even late '42 (such as Guadalcanal) for the techs to be effective. I could do 'Desperate Tactics' and 'Divine Wind' both as event-generated techs directly (thus making 'Tide Turning' somewhat pointless), and use the capture of a Philipino or Mariana city (one for each), granting, as you say, a few free ones of each unit type. Both could work, and have selling points. Any suggestions as to which alternative I should use?

Comment

• Maybe this is of any help as well?

Comment

• Thanks a lot! That should help about half of the styles I'm using!

Comment

Working...
                                X