Empire of the Rising Sun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oop's forgot to attach the file,
    hint, you don't have to worry about the diamond being off colour in this one (pointing out the obvious)
    I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
    Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
    Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

• have a pile of units in ToT format,
      including some of catfish's amazing work
      I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!

Comment

• Thanks a lot, Erika, Harry, and Leonidas! I appreciate the help! I should almost be ready to present my updated units file.

Comment

• Another question, if anyone knows the answer. I've utilized the whole ToT units file (except the barbarian leader), though the Civilopedia within the scen only gives entries for as many units as appear in MGE, skipping any afterwards. I notice, however, that the fantasy and sci-fi game's Civilopedias have full entry slots. How do I get my scen's Civilopedia to register all the unit slots?

Comment

• You know, I have a scenario pap made, called 2194 pacific. He sent it to me for some playtesting or something a long while ago I think. it's giga map and it has multiple rules and units files and is a relatively extensive work on the pacific theatre. Maybe if you get his permission I could send it over to you, or he himself could do so, so you could use it as a source of inspiration.
            Find my civ2 scenarios here

Ave Europa, nostra vera Patria!

Comment

• I'd greatly appreciate it, Kobra, if you'd ask him. I could use some inspiration, actually. Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by Harry Tuttle
                When MS- Paint saves a file as .gif it does not get the Civ2 palette quite right...
                I figure he's talking ToT. Therefore palette problems aren't an issue (except for title.gif). The purple background colour could be off the mark for any number of reasons.

Originally posted by Harry Tuttle
                ...and if the colors are wrong after you've saved the offending gif as a bitmap then you will have to replace the offending pink and purple with the correct colors.
                Which is all he really needs to do. An explanation of ToT's transparent colours might also help:

ToT graphics files have one universal transparent colour: magenta (#FF00FF). The units.bmp file has a second transparent colour: purple (#805080). Slight variations of these colours will still work - you actually have a bit of wiggle room here due to the rounding of 24-bit to 15-bit. In addition to these, most ToT graphics files (including terrainX, units, cities, icons, people, dialog and wonders 40imp.bmp – 67imp.bmp) contain pixels which are used to define secondary transparent colours. In units.bmp, this pixel is found in the top-left of each icon box (I can use any colour I like - see attached). In the official ToT units files, this pixel is the purple (#805080) – making it redundant (it's already transparent). As a result, it tends to get overlooked and unit editors frequently "blank" the pixel with magenta (as Patine has done). Solution: Either replace the purple with the correct shade (sample another file if you have to) or change the indicator pixels to the shade of purple you're currently using.

@Broken_Erika:

The gamma is messed up on that png file you posted. Anyone copying that file in Internet Explorer will inherit the problem. Using "Save As.." (which for me rarely works with Apolyton attachments) or a download accelerator will bypass the problem. See this post in the WWII graphics showcase for details.

Originally posted by Broken_Erika
                hint, you don't have to worry about the diamond being off colour in this one (pointing out the obvious)
                No, he'll just have to worry about the signatures being off-colour instead. By placing the signatures below the position of the diamond you are only hiding them in the game-map. If the colour is wrong, they will be quite visible in the game's information screens.

Originally posted by Patine
                Another question, if anyone knows the answer. I've utilized the whole ToT units file (except the barbarian leader), though the Civilopedia within the scen only gives entries for as many units as appear in MGE, skipping any afterwards. I notice, however, that the fantasy and sci-fi game's Civilopedias have full entry slots. How do I get my scen's Civilopedia to register all the unit slots?
                You have to edit the @@UNIT_INDEX section in describe.txt. If you are using the full compliment of 80 units, then you must have 80 indices listed. If you find the numbering system confusing, see this thread – downloading the template file there might help.
                Catfish's Cave - Resources for Civ2: Test of Time | Test of Time FAQ | War of the Ring scenario

Comment

• Thanks for the help, Catfish. I greatly appreciate it!

Comment

• use pink background when it screw up the padlette, ive done that to cities.gif and terrain.gif a number of times

Comment

• I'm always amazed at how much richer-looking the units look in ToT than in the MGE pallette...

Comment

• That is the major reason that I made the jump!

http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
                        http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by Broken_Erika
                          use pink background when it screw up the padlette, ive done that to cities.gif and terrain.gif a number of times

Catfish has used yellow in this example to illustrate the secondary transparent colour pixel, which is located at the top left of the cell.
                          http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.ph...ory:Civ2_Units

Comment

• Originally posted by fairline

Catfish has used yellow in this example to illustrate the secondary transparent colour pixel, which is located at the top left of the cell.
                            i know

Patine, how many things have you learned?

Comment

• Oh, I've learned a lot, Erika, from when I went into this scenario. How about you?

Comment

• lots, mainly how to properly create Test of Time mods,
                                and disable the fugly ToT animated units, which makes me wonder if there is a way to make animated units and terrain for ToT, (hint, if we figure this out we can make some amazing ToT mods )

Comment

Working...
                                X