Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civ 2 problems

Wasn't sure where to put this.

I've been trying to fix my copy of civ so that the videos display properly on my computer, but I have so far been unsuccessful.

I tried reinstalling from my CiC cd, but now I get a winG error when I try to open civ2.exe

Any suggestions?
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Uhhhh... wrong forum?

Comment

Fixed from the backup I made.

I'd still like to get the videos showing. Right now these are the problems:

1. Opening video does not load, just a black screen.
      2. Wonder videos have the box open, but no video plays.
      3. Meetings with the AI with the Heralds on gives me a black box where the herald should be.
      4. Loser.avi and the end game animation do not work properly, giving me a black screen.
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

Uhhhh... wrong forum?
        Where should it go?

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi
          Where should it go?
          Maybe I'm mistaken, but last time I checked there was a "Civ 2 General/Help" forum.

Comment

Yeah, but it's kinda quiet as of late.

Comment

Lancer started a thread in the OT about the same problems yesterday. Mercator gave some answers, maybe they'll help you.

Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
              And notifying the next of kin
              Once again...

Comment

It should help, but all the links are broken.

Comment

And thanks to the mod who moved this.

Markos?

Comment

Sounds like you haven't installed the old Indeo codec.

Comment

DrSpike is right. First wing and now Indeo, two usual problems with civ2 and windows XP.

Comment

Those drivers are part of the full cd install. If that doesn't work, you will need to track down their sites to update the drivers for XP. Good luck!!

Monk
                        so long and thanks for all the fish

Comment

Sounds like you haven't installed the old Indeo codec.
                          Yeah, that's the case.

Those drivers are part of the full cd install.
                          Which is part of my problem since my old civ2 disc no longer functions. If it did, I would just reinstall from there.

And it's not just xp that has these problems. I'm using Windows 98.

Comment

It'll be a pain to track down the right codecs. Anyone you know have a cd?

Comment

What pain?

I already found them.

It works perfectly.

You have to go to driver guide, and they have them there.

Comment

Working...
                              X