NEW Civ2 Tournament August 16 - September 14, 2004

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HA HA HA HA ha ha hahahahahahha!!!!

Sorry, just had to do that proactively. I'm having one of my best games, so far, but I'll still wind up way behind the good players.

Comment

Originally posted by La Fayette
      Personally, I play MGE as usual, but I think the original save uploaded by MarkG is 2.42 and most people are going to play 2.42 (because of the *kinder* AI).
      Actually, I'm playing 2.42 and I miss the MGE AI. The AIs are, for some reason, reluctant to pay protection money to the benevolent Greeks ("We demand tribute for our patience "). In MGE, I could count on goading the AIs into war, then they would give me everything they had for peace. Less money for the AIs and more money for me is the classic win-win situation.

Comment

"Benevolent Dave"

I shall keep that in mind
        Aux bords mystérieux du monde occidental

Comment

@ those who fear the worst ...

I don't think there is a guy on these boards who at one time didn't lose regularly at Prince (except Ming & rah who apparently were born deities). "Robust Constructive Criticism" you can expect - absolutely no laughter - except those people chuckling at my rather pathetic game - but then I'm supposed to be a professional Rabid Agressive Rodent

Stu
          "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
          "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

Oh feel to laugh away. It's 1720AD and I just discovered pottery! Darn Mongols. I am seriously considering a restart.

I must have just picked a bad start position. I've started 3 other games to practice for this tourny and I'm stomping the AI.

Oh well. We'll see what happens.
            Banano Laŭrajta Registaro en Ekzilo - Bananoj gismorte!| Cows O' Plenty|Wish List For ciV | Ming on Spammers: ...And, how do you know that I'm not just spamming by answering him |"This is all about peace; and in the quest for peace you have none." -my son wise beyond his years

Comment

Hello. I haven't played single player for years, but I'm giving this a go.
              Early conquest. Not going to badly, although the Japanese who researched feudalism passed it around just before i could kill them.
              Hold my girlfriend while I kiss your skis.

Comment

added!!

Prize: 1 ApolytonPLUS month for the Best Score and Earliest Victory game!
                Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
                  added!!

Prize: 1 ApolytonPLUS month for the Best Score and Earliest Victory game!
                  How about the earliest landing??

Monk
                  so long and thanks for all the fish

Comment

Welcome back, Makeo
                    I'm fairly sure you will enjoy it.

BTW I forgot to mention that I played 'no tribute' in my game (just one of those silly ideas of mine)
                    ... and when I think about it, I guess 'no tribute' is even more costly than 'no bribe'.

I join solo: let us hope Mark is ready to organize another tournament where we could have a gentlemen's agreement about exactly which rules we agree to have in use.

I admit that I was wrong defining my own rules, since it is almost like playing with both arms tied behind my back.
                    Aux bords mystérieux du monde occidental

Comment

Originally posted by La Fayette

I admit that I was wrong defining my own rules, since it is almost like playing with both arms tied behind my back.
                      La Fayette = very dangerous feet...

Monk

Comment

let us hope Mark is ready to organize another tournament where we could have a gentlemen's agreement about exactly which rules we agree to have in use.

Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                        Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                        giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Not many takers for an Early Landing so I have dipped a toe in the water. Hopefully I can finish before the deadline.

Monk

Comment

OK, I have finished but cannot figure out how to upload my miserable game. The save is successfully uploaded, but I get Invalid URL for my attempt to submit my game. Any clues?

Comment

I'd like to participate, but will have to submit after Sept 14th, as per Apolyton newsletter.

Just a *bit* slow on the uptake...

Thanks,
                              K.

Comment

I managed to kill them off, but a couple of centuries slower than DaveV. Still, there's plenty of room for improvement.

One notable thing was I was building temples instead of elephants. The other was zero micromanagement. Given that I haven't played a single player game in years (I think since 1999), I was so much under the impression of how things are done in MP, that I kept pressing enter waiting for the other guy's turn to micromanage. This caused lots of riots and lost production/trade. This is going to change in my replay.

Also, the stupid settlers are damn slow in SP.

By the way, are we allowed to replay? And when does the contest end?

Comment

Working...
                                X