NEW Civ2 Tournament August 16 - September 14, 2004

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rjmatsleepers
    Hey guys - how about starting a separate spoiler thread for comments about the map, other civs, etc.
    good thought
    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

A quick check with a hex editor indicates that "restart on elimination" is ON. Makes it kind of difficult to go for fastest conquest...

Comment

Originally posted by DaveV
        A quick check with a hex editor indicates that "restart on elimination" is ON. Makes it kind of difficult to go for fastest conquest...
        Well, that is unfortunate. It means each color will have to be "eliminated" thrice or wait until 1500a to stop the respawning. So, win by conquest will entail huge amounts of luck in finding the multiple respawns if it is to be fast; but either way, it will be more difficult.

Monk
        so long and thanks for all the fish

Comment

will remember it next time

Comment

Man I'm out of practice! 200AD - Republic - Riots. Guess I won't win this one.
            Banano Laŭrajta Registaro en Ekzilo - Bananoj gismorte!| Cows O' Plenty|Wish List For ciV | Ming on Spammers: ...And, how do you know that I'm not just spamming by answering him |"This is all about peace; and in the quest for peace you have none." -my son wise beyond his years

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
              will remember it next time
              No problem, Mark.
              We conquer a bit later, that's all
              (and for civ2 lovers a longer game means longer fun )
              Aux bords mystérieux du monde occidental

Comment

Originally posted by Bloody Monk
                So, win by conquest will entail huge amounts of luck in finding the multiple respawns if it is to be fast;
                Monk
                No luck at all IMO (if you follow the method I published a few months ago ... and I am fairly sure that daveV has a better one )

Comment

So, La Fayette, what was that secret method you referred to there?? A little help for the memory impared would be nice. Thanking you in advance....

(Did it have anything to do with exchanging maps??)

Monk

Comment

Yes, Monk, it has to do with exchanging maps: IMO it's almost always a wise idea to build Marco when planning early conquest (especially when restarts are on).

Then, when you own Marco, you can gift anything you want (techs, gold, even units if it pleases you) : the newborne restarting civ is usually so weak that you run almost no risk even if you give powerful military techs.

I always play MGE now, where the AI is supposed to be very hostile, yet it works like a charm and I get their map almost any time. The only problem is to get where they are with a trireme and a couple vet crusaders onboard, but it is much simpler than having dozens of explorers all around the map.

(BTW, please don't talk about any "secret method" as far as I am concerned, because I always publish what I have found out = remember that my first post to Apolyton was the "3 arrows" strategy).

Comment

Yes, my friend, you have always been very generous with your discoveries.

I used the word secret as an inducement for you to expand on your earlier post where you noted a method but not what it was. (Your usual practice has been to include a link.) I hope you don't mind; I just wanted to give you the opportunity to describe the method. (I remembered your post but not which thread it was.)

Recent research indicates that before 1500a respawns will happen three times for each color. That means many rounds of tech gifting for maps + getting on site to vanquish that color again. That is why I think it will take a lot of luck.

Therefore, I wish you Good Luck!!

Monk

Comment

Originally posted by Bloody Monk
                        (I remembered your post but not which thread it was.)
                        Monk
                        ... exactly what happened to me too...
                        That's why I gave no link

Comment

Do we need to use FW for this, or is it the earliest version allowed? (in other words: i have MGE, can i participate?)
                          Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Personally, I play MGE as usual, but I think the original save uploaded by MarkG is 2.42 and most people are going to play 2.42 (because of the *kinder* AI).

Comment

you can

Comment

For what its worth - I'm playing 2.42 - just because that is on my work machine (shhh)

Stu
                                "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
                                "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

Working...
                                X