No announcement yet.

Flags Needed...Again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this where to go to find quality flags?

I could use some good flags in a scen I'm finishing now. If anyone is interested . . .

A Turkish/Mongol skull-on-a-stick type thing. With feathers or hair or something like that.

A Byzantine c. 1000 AD flag

A Frankish/French banner, same period.

A HRE flag, same etc.

A Castilian/Leon banner, etc.

Either a Norman or Venetian flag, etc., whichever looks better.

Shields to go with these flags would be nice too, but not essential. It would just mean more work for me.

thnx.
    Lost in America.
    "a freaking mastermind." --Stefu
    "or a very good liar." --Stefu
    "Jesus" avatars created by Mercator and Laszlo.

Comment

• Some of these are from much later Phenix, but I don't think you'll find equivalents for 1000 AD.
      Attached Files
      http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.ph...ory:Civ2_Units

Comment

• @fairline: as usual... ( I'll PM you ASAP - it's a menace )
        "Dilexi iustitiam, odivi iniquitatem, propterea morior in exilio" [PAPA GREGORIUS VII +1085] - ("He amado la justicia, he odiado la iniquidad, por eso muero en exilio") - ("I loved justice, I hated unfairness, that's why I die in exile") - (J'ai aimé la justice, j'ai détesté l'iniquité, c'est pourquoi je meurs en exil") - ("Ich liebte Gerechtigkeit und hasste Ungerechtigkeit, deshalb sterbe ich im Exil")

Comment

• Probably right and where ya been?

Anything you can provide Gareth, is cool with me. These flags will work perfectly.

Email me and I'll tell you about this latest scen. I'm fighting the last few things to get it just right.

Might take a week or two though.

You wanna see the units file?
          Lost in America.
          "a freaking mastermind." --Stefu
          "or a very good liar." --Stefu
          "Jesus" avatars created by Mercator and Laszlo.

Comment

• Gareth I just love the Castille flag and shield.... BRILLIANT!!

Comment

• @Sarsstock, I think that many of the U.S. units could be borrowed from Panda's Crises scenario, and Cuban units from a scenario called Cubafree (I can't remember the author, but I'll find out and both authors would be given credit in the Readme), though most other units would need to be custom-made. The Canadian Infantry, Californian H2 rig-up, CF-18, and Western Rangers are all good as I see (though I'll need copies of the latter two, please), but if you have any other unit (or even Wonder) ideas, I'd like to hear (or see) them. I thought maybe either WEM or Disneyland could replace the Colossus; other Wonders are up in the air.

Comment

• Just to make sure everyone notices it. I merged Exile's latest post into this thread just now.
                Last edited by Mercator; July 16, 2004, 14:13.
                Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

• Well I had one wonder idea kicking around.... The Las Vegas Strip. Because what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas, and with that slogan in hand it should raise the moral of the entire country.

I'll provide you with those units shortly, if you have any wonder idea's feel free to let me know.

Comment

• I thought as another wonder the Motown Industrial Complex (replacing King Richard's Crusade). There's a great graphic for it in academia's Iron_Curtain (which I also borrowed for my 'Late Cold War' scenario I made earlier this year).

Comment

• Good idea. There should be wonders for all the civ's. Maybe Banff could be a wonder for Alberta, another "happy" wonder for it gives the entire country a world famous ski and summer resort.

Maybe we could stick the CN tower in Toronto too, let me know what you think.

Comment

• Re: Probably right and where ya been?

Originally posted by Exile
                        Anything you can provide Gareth, is cool with me. These flags will work perfectly.

Email me and I'll tell you about this latest scen. I'm fighting the last few things to get it just right.

Might take a week or two though.

You wanna see the units file?
                        Yes Did you get my e-mail?

Patine: Sorry for the threadjack
                        http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.ph...ory:Civ2_Units

Comment

• @Sarsstock, I agree with those two Wonders two. Maybe the Cubans could have either a revolution-based Wonder (possibly replacing J.S. Bach's Cathedral) or a 'militia training' one that could replace Sun Tzu's. I look forward to seeing the above mentioned graphics and any others you've cooked up.

@Fairline, don't worry about it. I believe the threads are for everyone (if they weren't, they'd have a password option).

Comment

• On an off-topic note, I looked over the scenarios I was 'flagging up' and found I'd forgotten the African Union flag (I instead used the old OAU one). Do you think you could please slip me a good AU flag (it should be easy enough to find)? Thanks!

Comment

• Actually, on that topic, could you please throw in Commonwealth and Nordic Conference flags (I've been using the Union Jack and Norweigan flags up till now, but I just today noticed on a flag source site they do indeed have their own flags)? If you could, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!

Back to the current scen, I thought maybe the Americans' hailed Coast Guard (replacing the Lighthouse) and the 'balanced budget and fiscal responsibility' of Paul Martin (replacing Adam Smith's) could each provide a new Wonder for the each of the two Federal players. Let me know what you think!

Comment

• Well if they do have their own flags that you've seen could you possible post them? It would make my job allot easier if you would show them to me so I have a reference right off the bat, that way I don't have to search for them myself.

I've already found the African and Commonwealth one, so if you could just show the nordic one I'd appreciate it.

Comment

Working...
                                X