No announcement yet.

Flags Needed...Again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I like your idea's very much, I wish I could have contributed more units by now but I've been really busy this week.

I do think we need to clear up the question of what the story will be behind the Cuban and florida hispanic revolt though, but that shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Comment

• Originally posted by Arthedain
      There's a nordic council?
      Yes, it's called 'Nordisk Råd'. The Prime Ministers from Iceland, Finland, Norway, Sweden and Denmark meet there once in a while to discuss Nordic matters.
      Find my civ2 scenarios here

Ave Europa, nostra vera Patria!

Comment

• Sorry I took so long to respond.

Here's my idea. By the time of the scenario, Hispanics have become, due to increased immigration caused by political turmoil in Latin America, the great majority of Florida's population (not unrealistic, as they're already a plurality). However, American equal rights movements and efforts to reduce the impact of racism and other prejudice only, at least in their eyes, benefit Black Americans and immigrants with money. Raul Castro covertly slips emissaries among their communities, thus leading to the Cuban-backed revolt. How's that sound?

Comment

• Soon I will post my collection of the flags of the world. Hopefully they will be well received when I do.

Comment

• Haven't heard from you in a while Sarsstock. Out at the lake cottage for the weekend? I'll look forward to your grand flag collection. I thought of a possible alternative for my ideas on the Hispanic revolt in Florida. Perhaps, instead of a racial issue, Disneyworld and several key resorts are destroyed by a grand hurricane, leaving the State of Swamps bankrupt. The Hispanic community takes the hardest economic hit, and little aid is given to them by the right-wing Federal and state gov'ts in power. This leads to a fullout revolt, which Raul courts the leaders of. What do you think of that idea or the original above?

BTW, can you post your flag collection on this thread first, please?

Comment

• I like your new idea for the Hispanic revolt. Sorry for the delay, I've been busy as hell trying to prepare for some job interviews I have shortly.

I'll check in with Steph to see if there's any chance he can get that map finished for us, he's very busy though. He's come out with four scenario's this year alone and he's working on at least three more.

Comment

• I think now that the plot is set. What we need now (other than the map being completed) is graphics for some of the units and Wonders mentioned above in this thread. No rush if you're busy, but when you get some free time, please keep it in mind.

Comment

• Oh I will. There is a shortage of good modern day scenario's out there, and I think this has the potential to become a great one.

Hopefully I will find a job shortly. Right now I'm spending more time on interviews and hunting than I would be just working if I had a job. That way once I'm working I'll have more time to commit to this great project. If anyone else out there has any suggestions for wonders please let us know.

Comment

• That's great! While you take care of that, and Steph finishes the map, I'll finish up the scenario I currently have lingering (another modern one I got some great advice for from AGRICOLA, another Canadian, at least judging by his flag).

I think we Canadians could dominate post-modern scens, at least for a little while.

Comment

• Hello, Sarsstock. Just bringing this thread to the top and letting you know I'm still in this scenario thing. Just leave a post when you have a spare moment.

Comment

• I am still here too my Albertan friend. Unfortunatly my life has gotten a little bit bussier in the last couple weeks and I don't think I'll have time to work on the scenario we proposed. Its to bad because I think we had a real hit on our hands.

I barely have time to finish my world collection of flags and shields that I was going to post. Anyways, if you need any more flags in the future don't hesitate to ask, I'm always glad to help a fellow cannuck in need.

Also, if you want to work on the proposed scenario yourself I'd be glad to help anyway I can.

Comment

• Sorry for the delay.

That's really unfortunate news. I like your ideas, and with your blessing, I think I will carry on as best I can. I think this scenario could be really good. Could I ask for the CF-18 and Western Canadian Ranger units and Canadian city architecture from the screenshot in an easier to use format. I'll let you know if there's anything else I need, but I'll try not to demand too much.

Thanks for your time!

Comment

• Well, we'll see what happens. Right now I'm kicking around an idea with FiGu about a new Gigamap Vietnam scenario, as well as trying to figure out when "Blue and the Grey" will be finished.

As for the city graphics, here they are. I've never been sure as to who the creator or creators are, I believe this may be a Curt Sibbling original but I'm not sure.

Anyways, I also love the idea we had, and I'd like to make some matching suburb graphics for these cities. It would be nice for me to actually finish a scenario that I start for once.
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Here are the units, the infantry are simply modified Malaysian infantry by Steph (Jim Panse). The CF-18 is a Fairline design and transport aircraft is FiGu's I believe.

The H2's however are 100% Sarsstock. All the shields featured are also originals of mine. Let me know if you have any thoughs for Western Aboriginal infantry, I think we could some up with something cool for them.
                              Attached Files

Comment

• Thanks a lot Sarsstock! As for an Aboriginal infantry, I'd say, from visuals of the Lubicon Lake and Oka crises, as well as their hunting attire and Aboriginal Canadian chic in general, an infantryman with a red flanel lumberjack coat, camauflage fatigue pants, a red headband, and holding an AK-47. Do you think you could also cook up a rigged-up Bell Ranger helicopter-turned-gunship. Thanks a lot!

Comment

Working...
                                X