• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok, will do. Just want to be proper and all

Comment

• I'll sign.

antti.helin@nospam.dnainternet.net.invalid
      Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

• I think I'm on this list already, but you can add me again
        humoroels at hotmail dot com
        "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
        "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

• Hi guys! After 4 months of my collecting votes under our petion I've got 222 signs and only today I've added 12 users. How many signs you've got now? and where is Yaroslav?

Nice letter Harry but please don't write 'The Polish Civilization 2 Site' because our site isn't only for Civ2. We've got other sections like Civ3, SMAC/SMAX, Freeciv and Other Civs section. So please write 'Civ.Org.pl' instead of 'The Polish Civilization 2 Site'.

Btw. can anybody explain me for what my original account - sezoN - was disable? I saw many unfreindly opinions about Apolyton but never trust them but now... I don't know what I've done bad besides that second login which I use now. I would be happy if I got my original login back. After that please delete this acount which I'm using now.
          Civ2 in Polish: News, Database, Downloads, Links, Gallery, GOTM, PBEM, Petition - more soon.
          Civ2 in English: News, Database, Downloads, Links, Gallery, GOTM, Petition - more soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by SezoN the II
            Hi guys! After 4 months of my collecting votes under our petion I've got 222 signs and only today I've added 12 users. How many signs you've got now? and where is Yaroslav?

Nice letter Harry but please don't write 'The Polish Civilization 2 Site' because our site isn't only for Civ2. We've got other sections like Civ3, SMAC/SMAX, Freeciv and Other Civs section. So please write 'Civ.Org.pl' instead of 'The Polish Civilization 2 Site'.

Btw. can anybody explain me for what my original account - sezoN - was disable? I saw many unfreindly opinions about Apolyton but never trust them but now... I don't know what I've done bad besides that second login which I use now. I would be happy if I got my original login back. After that please delete this acount which I'm using now.
            Sezon, I'll be sure to make the name change. I was really just using it as an improptu place holder anyways. Your problem with the login might be with an unupdated email address. The Mods de-activate accounts that have invalid addresses. I'd contact Ming about this, and if need be, maybe make a thread in the communiuty forum.

Comment

• My e-mail addres in previous profile was 100% working and fine - it's on mypreviouslogin@civ.org.pl - but thank you for effort.
              Civ2 in Polish: News, Database, Downloads, Links, Gallery, GOTM, PBEM, Petition - more soon.
              Civ2 in English: News, Database, Downloads, Links, Gallery, GOTM, Petition - more soon.

Comment

• Witaj SezoNie II!
                "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
                I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
                Middle East!

Comment

• To nie jest smieszne! ale witaj Heressonie kiedy wyslesz mi te scenariusze?
                  Last edited by SezoN the II; October 2, 2004, 18:57.

Comment

• It seemed You missed my support for the petition.

Heresson - komnen3@gazeta.pl

------------------
                    Napisałem readme do Mameluków po polsku. No dobra, skróciłem je nieco.
                    Moge wlasciwie wyslac ten scenariusz, ale musze zaznaczyc, ze bede chcial potem kiedys dokonac kolejnych zmian - dodac mozliwosc gry takze innymi cywilizacjami niz Egipcjanami i dodac dzwieki - zwlaszcza, jesli odzyskam lub kupie Probe Czasu, wtedy zrobie duzy "upgrade"
                    Z jakiegos miasta, imienniku?

Na razie...
                    Middle East!

Comment

• Niema najmniejszego problemu. Zawsze bedziesz mogl dodac aktualizacje, wystarczy tylko mi ja wyslac. Jestem z Jeleniej Gory a Ty?

Comment

• Please stay on-topic! If you want to talk Polish, use PM's.
                        Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

• In fact, I've already done that
                          And the first part of my post is very much on-topic!
                          I did declare my support for the petition 2 pages ago, but it seemed no-one noticed it, because I didn't post my email
                          Middle East!

Comment

• Because Yaroslav had gone and petitioners list (here and at CFC) wasn't updated long time ago.

Comment

• Yaroslav has disappeared, but I will look for him...

Comment

• I have another point to make about the licence and the graphic files to make. I've already made my personal standpoint clear about what sort of licence would be best. This time in relation to the situation to the CTP2 source project. The point is made in the thread about making an official 'release' of the CtP2 source.

5) If we do decide to release now, how do we maximamize publicity to get as many people interested as possible?

6) Where should this project go after the release (if we have one)?....
                                The focus is on point 5: "How to maximize publicity". In the context of the CtP2 community this should be read as "inform the general public about an official release". Trouble is, for the CtP2 community, due to the licence restrictions. There is no general public available!

The only public you could ever hope to reach is the one that has a legal copy of CtP2. Only those who own a copy are allowed to play it. Finding fresh blood could prove a problem. A point that is also made by CoT

point 5:

i'm not sure on this one. As its so hard to get hold of a copy of CTP2 these days, maybe we need to go have a look in our local area's to see if we can find any copies for sale, then have a thread here letting people know where they are(like a 'where to find CTP2' thread or something).
                                I've got no idea how many people play CTP2 these days? So its difficult to know how best to get the word out. Most CTP2ers that look for info on the net will find us here at poly i'm guessing(if you google for CTP2 poly links turn up alot).
                                Maybe start a thread in the Civ3 forums?

So due to the licence the benefits of the CtP2 source are only available to a limited public. Community efforts on the code (coding, testing, debugging, playing) will therefore also be limited.

Just how large is the active CtP2 community? 200? 500? a 1000 perhaps? For that matter just HOW big is the active Civ2 community nowadays? That's a rather chilling thought.

While any code is probably better than no code. The license under which it is released matters. Maybe even more than the code itself.
                                Skeptics should forego any thought of convincing the unconvinced that we hold the torch of truth illuminating the darkness. A more modest, realistic, and achievable goal is to encourage the idea that one may be mistaken. Doubt is humbling and constructive; it leads to rational thought in weighing alternatives and fully reexamining options, and it opens unlimited vistas.

Elie A. Shneour Skeptical Inquirer

Comment

Working...
                                X