This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome and thanks for your support Vlad
    *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

• Hey - you missed me!
      I replied by e-mail so that you would have my e-address

Stu
      "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
      "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

• A Civ2 source code project is an interesting idea. Has anyone started approaching official people yet? Is the Civ2 source code even still lying around somewhere?!
        ·Circuit·Boi·wannabe·
        "Evil reptilian kitten-eater from another planet."
        Call to Power 2 Source Code Project 2005.06.28 Apolyton Edition

Comment

• Yaroslav is working that.

I assume he talked to someone or else we wouldn't be trying the petition route
          *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

• Originally posted by conmcb25
            Yaroslav is working that.

I assume he talked to someone or else we wouldn't be trying the petition route
            You ass - u - me based on...?

Someone told be that the Civ2 design team said a while back that the code no longer exists; hearsay granted but believable
            ·Circuit·Boi·wannabe·

Comment

• Is it too late to count me in?

drkellogg @ web.de

Comment

• I'm fairly certain no-one has contacted anybody yet.

Originally posted by Flinx
                Someone told be that the Civ2 design team said a while back that the code no longer exists; hearsay granted but believable
                Where did you get that from? I've never heard anything of the sort.
                Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

• Originally posted by Mercator
                  I'm fairly certain no-one has contacted anybody yet.
                  Where did you get that from? I've never heard anything of the sort.
                  here
                  ·Circuit·Boi·wannabe·

Comment

• Well that was posted in a thread named "Cafe Tamerlin" (sorry Tamerlin ) by a member of the CTP2 source code project (ie: a rival ) and closely followed by another post suggesting CTP2's superiority (ie: complete and utter rubbish ).

Draw from this what you will ...

Comment

• Put my name on the list, and then explain me the exact use of the source code. If we had it, could we place resources where we want them?
                      "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
                      I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
                      Middle East!

Comment

• Lets roll.

PericlesDervisis@hotmail.com

Vakit tamam.
                        "Military training has three purposes: 1)To save ourselves from becoming subjects to others, 2)to win for our own city a possition of leadership, exercised for the benefit of others and 3)to exercise the rule of a master over those who deserve to be treated as slaves."-Aristotle, The Politics, Book VII

All those who want to die, follow me!
                        Last words of Emperor Constantine XII Palaiologos, before charging the Turkish hordes, on the 29th of May 1453AD.

Comment

• Originally posted by Heresson
                          Put my name on the list, and then explain me the exact use of the source code. If we had it, could we place resources where we want them?
                          I assume that we will be able to see if we can over-ride the limits on the numbers of cities, unit slots and civs.

We just have to assure the copyright owners that we are modders and not seeking to create a rival civ game.

As if anyone who plays RTS or Civ3 would be interested in a mid-1990s Windows-based civ game.

Anyone apart from we true believers, that is!

http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
                          http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

• The CTP guys gave out the code - No reason why the ex-microprose civ guys wouldn't.

CivIII is their big cash runner now - And they might want to keep the civ interest going.

Many people want this so we want stay positive.
                            http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
                            http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Anyways, has anyone seen Yaroslav? I think we should draft a letter soon.
                              Last edited by Mercator; September 8, 2004, 11:03.

Comment

• Originally posted by Harry Tuttle
                                Anyways, has anyone seen Yaroslav? I think we should draft a letter soon.
                                I dont know how well all of you know Javier, so if Im repeating something you already know, my aplogizes.

he has in the last few months graduated with his advanced degree and has moved to Madrid and is now working for Motorola I believe.

He has been very busy at work, and very busy on the weekends going back to Malaga to see family and friends.

He will come back sooner or later but right now he has a very busy time in his life.

And most of you probably know this is very unlike him he is usually very reliable. So just have some patience when he can come back he will come back
                                Last edited by Mercator; September 8, 2004, 11:04.

Comment

Working...
                                X