Another Imperialism ver2.0-Second Try

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Imperialism ver2.0-Second Try

Starting a nw thread since everyone is new.

Strike Order

Russia: GoPostal
    Japan: Eivind
    France: JamesJKirk
    Germany: Galvatron
    United States: Zedd
    Great Britain: Conmcb25

GoPostal please start us off
    *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

I think this is right
    Attached Files
    Calling all Designers, the SL CivGroup is open for business!

Comment

Great

Is this your first PBEM? Did you do do ctrl-n at the end of your turn?
      *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

Oh! I forgot to bring this up....are we going to use yaroslav's version with reduced research rates so that we don't get through the tech tree too fast?

Comment

I would highly suggest it
          Wizards sixth rule:
          "The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is reason."
          Can't keep me down, I will CIV on.

Comment

Originally posted by Zedd
            I would highly suggest it
            Good suggestion. I think Yaro changed the .scn file as well as hex editing the save in the first game.

Yaro, you around?

Can you post the new .scn?

Comment

Hmm I think someone should inform Eiv..ähh Kobra that we restarted the game could be a good idea

There's a program out there that reduces research rate? Well I don't think that discoveries are fast in this scen but if everybody think this is necessary than I would say: ok, let's use it. Furthermore if it's produced by yaro than it's surely a good piece of work we all know he's a master in programming. How much is researched slowed down? I think you can still speed research up when you do a lot of trading, right?

Another question, as far as I remember Darius also applied for this scen? But it looks like he's away, is he on holidays? Where is the shining light of CivII-PBEMing?
              Dance to Trance

Proud and official translator of Yaroslavs Civilization-Diplomacy utility.

Comment

You've summoned me!

Here is the file
                Attached Files
                Trying to rehabilitateh and contribuing again to the civ-community

Comment

Galvy

Darius had a run in with some CDG guys and appears to have dropped out of the Civ II community. I have tried contacting him on AIM and MSN several in the past two weeks or so but he does not answer.

Yaro

Thanks, I recommend we restart and all use this .scn

Limiting the time of research compensates for us being able to trade techs. And I would prefer to be able to tech trade.

When ever you are ready GoPostal.

Comment

This .scn should replace the original .scn file.
                    Trying to rehabilitateh and contribuing again to the civ-community

Comment

Originally posted by conmcb25
                      Darius had a run in with some CDG guys and appears to have dropped out of the Civ II community. I have tried contacting him on AIM and MSN several in the past two weeks or so but he does not answer.
                      What? Woow this must have been a heck of a run in, as far as I know Darius he would have never left the community easily. What happened?
                      I can't believe he's gone This is a sad day for the Civ-PBEM world.
                      I remember a time when he was involved in every PBEM that goes on in this forum. I think he holds the record in playing the most PBEM's at a time.
                      Dance to Trance

Proud and official translator of Yaroslavs Civilization-Diplomacy utility.

Comment

PabloStuka and a bunch of guys in a 2194 days of War PBEM will tell you he cheated.

I prefer to think of it as a misinterpretation of the "house rules". The house rules being something that wasn't specifically agreed upon upfront but when a potential exploit was discovered all $hit hit the fan.

So unless darius has some change of heart, I dont think we will be seeing him anytime soon.

Anybody know GoPostal? Can you contact him if you do and let him know we are doing a replay. (I assume)

Comment

I just PMed him, so hopefully we'll get going soon

Comment

Thanks

My patience for delays in PBEMs is at an all time low.

Probably because Ive only finished ONE in about 20 months of playing

Comment

I just posted it last night, but it hasn't posted, here it is again. Really Sorry
                              Attached Files
                              Calling all Designers, the SL CivGroup is open for business!

Comment

Working...
                              X