Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

do u think there should be a thread specificly dedicated
    to future graphics, mods and scenarios?
    I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
    Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
    Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

I don't think so... Mods and scenarios are usually elaborate enough to require their own thread, showing its development progress, getting feedback from everybody, playtesting things etc. I'm not quite sure what to think about "future graphics".
      Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

ok
        I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!

Comment

Greetings all. I have had the game since it was first out yet I have never made a scenario. I am interested in putting my spare time to one soon. I am amazed at what scenario designers have achieved and would like to be a part of it even if I am entering quite late in the day. I have no experience yet I am eager to learn.

My favourite era's of history have to WW2 onwards. However it would seem that there already exists an overwhelming amount of WW2 scenarios.

I have had two ideas:

- An alternative history WW2 scenaio revolving around the Pacific Theatre

- A scenario based on the Korean War. I have been thinking about this a lot more and would like to get stuck in with it.

Concerning the Korean War idea I would need to produce a large flat map. However should I focus totally on the Korean Pennisula or include a fair part of China & Russia as opposed to just the borders. I want to know what experienced scenario designers think about this in terms of playablity. I have a map design somewhere on my PC so if I can find it I shall start a new thread to see what you guys think.

Thanks.

Comment

Welcome, Col. Fox. I've thought about a Korean scenario off and on for a few years. IMHO, you may want to keep it fairly limited, focused on the Korean penninsula. A US base in Japan would be good, in case the PRK gets all the way to Pusan, plus several Chinese bases in Manchuria to support the Chinese counter-offensive and Mig Alley.
            Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Welcome
              "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
              I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
              Middle East!

Comment

deleted

edit: thanks
                this form could use as many smileys as cdgroup.org
                Last edited by Broken_Erika; December 29, 2004, 16:42.

Comment

Stop asking here and start posting! If you have a question, make a thread. That's what this forum is for. Seriously.

People certainly aren't going to notice it in this thread.
                  Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Happy New Year, everyone!
                    "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
                    I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
                    Middle East!

Comment

I'll second that!

http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
                      http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

Hope you all had great new years eve parties!

Comment

how many forums are you a member at?
                          i am a member here(obviously )
                          cdgroup.org
                          and civfanatics,
                          i will join any others that i can find, that way i don't miss anything

Comment

how long ago did Captain Nemo leave?

Comment

Working...
                            X