No announcement yet.

Hannibal's War

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I actually got around to play this version yesterday. And I really enjoyed it. I gave Rome a hard time and have now advanced to Cannae (and bribed Capua and Heracleia). The Roman dreadnaughts are kicking my ass though, and I can't counter-attack them in Italy. Getting naval superiority is somewhat out of the question for now. I will have to dig in and strengthen my forces and go for rome to really win this war.
    "Peace cannot be kept by force.
    It can only be achieved by understanding"

Comment

• I am glad to see someone is playing it.
      What this final version suffered from is a good playtest.
      I played my scen for the first time after nearly two years and actually lost. Spain and Africa were taken while Hannibal's force was brought to a bloody halt outside Lucera. I couldn't believe i had forgotten the strategies for a scenario i designed. Fortunatelly the next 5 times i played it the Romans were sent reeling. No matter how much i tweaked the rules i constantly came up victorious-which was not proper for a playtest.

Can you post a save Arthedain?
      "Military training has three purposes: 1)To save ourselves from becoming subjects to others, 2)to win for our own city a possition of leadership, exercised for the benefit of others and 3)to exercise the rule of a master over those who deserve to be treated as slaves."-Aristotle, The Politics, Book VII

All those who want to die, follow me!
      Last words of Emperor Constantine XII Palaiologos, before charging the Turkish hordes, on the 29th of May 1453AD.

Comment

• Sure, but you should know that I choose a low difficult since I just wanted to try it out. It all ended with me playing it for a longer time than expected. So it's no doubt that I was so successfull in the beginning.
        Attached Files
        "Peace cannot be kept by force.
        It can only be achieved by understanding"

Comment

• Hey, nice scenario!

Good to see new stuff (or at least updates) after so long.

I must've missed this scenario, somehow. The original wasn't in my collection, when I dusted off my old CivII stuff, recently. Or maybe I just phased out of Civ before you published the original...can't remember how long it was since I was doing Civ scenarios as my primary avocation.

Seems quite challenging first time out. I especially like the seaports/airports concept, even if my transport attempts all get intercepted. Supply trains as reinforcements is also quite well done.

Both my head and posterior got handed to my mauled, bloodied corpse the first time I tried it (some bad luck, though). Trying a naval strategy the second time...working a bit better so far (some good luck, though).

Comment

Working...
          X