No announcement yet.

Hannibal's War

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I couldn't make work the Fairline's update, so I uploaded the original Palailogos scenario. Please, as soon as you solve the problem, let me know

Oh, and sorry for the delay

@fairline,
    I've just updated the "Silver Fleece" section, if you know what I mean
    Last edited by jasev; May 6, 2004, 06:44.
    "Son españoles... los que no pueden ser otra cosa" (Cánovas del Castillo)
    "España es un problema, Europa su solución" (Ortega y Gasset)
    The Spanish Civilization Site
    "Déjate llevar por la complejidad y cabalga sobre ella" - Niessuh, sabio cívico

Comment

• Originally posted by jasev
      I couldn't make work the Fairline's update, so I uploaded the original Palailogos scenario. Please, as soon as you solve the problem, let me know

Oh, and sorry for the delay

@fairline,
      I've just updated the "Silver Fleece" section, if you know what I mean
      Sorry Javier, my bad . I have somehow cocked up the events file. I'm making a few tweaks and I'll repost asap.

And thanks again
      http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.ph...ory:Civ2_Units

Comment

• The problem is now sorted. The updated scenario with bugs corrected and new units and events can be downloaded from CDG:

Javier: you have Palaiologos's name wrong in the entry at the Spanish site - it's Pericles Dervisis
        http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.ph...ory:Civ2_Units

Comment

• Originally posted by fairline
          The problem is now sorted. The updated scenario with bugs corrected and new units and events can be downloaded from CDG:

http://www.cdgroup.org/forums/tbs/ci...opic.php?t=561
          DLing as I'm typing

you have Palaiologos's name wrong in the entry at the Spanish site - it's Pericles Dervisis
          OMG Sorry Pericles
          "Son españoles... los que no pueden ser otra cosa" (Cánovas del Castillo)
          "España es un problema, Europa su solución" (Ortega y Gasset)
          The Spanish Civilization Site
          "Déjate llevar por la complejidad y cabalga sobre ella" - Niessuh, sabio cívico

Comment

• Originally posted by fairline

Sorry Javier, my bad . I have somehow cocked up the events file. I'm making a few tweaks and I'll repost asap.

And thanks again

*couch* typical *couch*

I hope you haven't screwed up the events file dickhead.

Anyway, many thanks for having our scenario in your site jasev. Its an honour and acknowledgement to the hard work we both put into this one.

And Gareth i am not done ruining the olympic games just yet. In four months time we'll talk. Already have too many stories to tell-meetings with the Kurdish resistance, Olympic games disorganisation extraordinaire, and the list goes on...
            "Military training has three purposes: 1)To save ourselves from becoming subjects to others, 2)to win for our own city a possition of leadership, exercised for the benefit of others and 3)to exercise the rule of a master over those who deserve to be treated as slaves."-Aristotle, The Politics, Book VII

All those who want to die, follow me!
            Last words of Emperor Constantine XII Palaiologos, before charging the Turkish hordes, on the 29th of May 1453AD.

Comment

• "Roman cavalry coming on our flank, Sir!!"

"Wheel the phalanx! Don't break formations!"

"Men! Rally around me! Hold your lines!".....

Hasdrubal paused. Thoughts crossed his mind, like he was somewhere else, distant from this battlefield.
              It needn't have ended this way.

He thought of old Hamilcar, betrayal and Carthage's humiliation.
              The battles and campaigns that had marked his life.
              He thought of his brother in dire need awaiting his coming.

He was raised by a soldier and had lived his whole life as one.
              He took a look around the battlefield for one last time. The Gallic auxiliaries were in full retreat and his
              loyal Iberian soldiers surrounded.

Indeed it needn't have ended this way. But now there was no other way to end it.
              Sword drawn he charged seeking a soldier's death.
              Attached Files
              "Military training has three purposes: 1)To save ourselves from becoming subjects to others, 2)to win for our own city a possition of leadership, exercised for the benefit of others and 3)to exercise the rule of a master over those who deserve to be treated as slaves."-Aristotle, The Politics, Book VII

Last words of Emperor Constantine XII Palaiologos, before charging the Turkish hordes, on the 29th of May 1453AD.

Comment

• What freeware utility can I use to extract from a rar file?
                El Aurens v2 Beta!

Comment

• 1. Complete recalibration of unit stats.
                  Units fall in three categories: Light infantry, Heavy infantry, Cavalry.
                  Light infantry excel in defence but only have 1hp.
                  Cavalry in offence with only 1hp as well.
                  Heavy infantry have more balanced stats but 2hp.

Therefore units actually have combat "roles" instead of light infantry being a cheaper but weaker version
                  of heavy infantry. A velite unit on a mountain tile is actually "light troops blocking a route" instead of a nuissance.
                  Cavalry now can ride down infantry in the open but not on rough terrain. Moreover the pikeman flag now actually has an effect because the requirments to be activated(mv2 1hp) are met.

2. The Spanish front is now more active. Iberian tribes are now more than a harassment and one could even consider campaigning against them.

3. Changed some events. The huge Roman invasion of Spain is now researchable instead of being given with a random denominator.

4. Adressed some sound issues. Apparently some sound files were missing from the posted version.

5. Corrected yet more spelling mistakes.

6. Balanced and corrected some game features. Serious bug concerning Gladius Hastati fixed. Some others too.
                  Attached Files

Comment

• No new gfx sadly.

Don't remember Boco, although i am sure mine its freeware.
                    Attached Files

Comment

• WinRAR provides the full RAR and ZIP file support, can decompress CAB, GZIP and other archive formats
                      Attached Files

Comment

• And the guide.

part1.
                        Attached Files

Comment

• part2.

There is got be an easier way to upload things in this forum.
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Hi. It's nice to see You still working, though the difference in downloads then and now makes me pesimistic. Not too many still play civ2. I will download it soon - today I get my computer back with new system installed and for the first time in several months I'll be able to play civ
                            "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
                            I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
                            Middle East!

Comment

• Palaiologos, it looks good. I liked the first one quite well. Is it balanced with the Carthaginans in mind, or are other civs playable?
                              Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

• @Tec
                                Punics only.
                                I would make a PBEM version if people actually showed an interest. A Roman SP version would be a tottaly different scenario on the other hand.
                                Glad you enjoyed the scenario.

@Heresson
                                Good to hear from you dude!
                                Hey man don't get disheartened. Just because people aren't playing my scenario it doesn't mean people have abandoned civ2.

Comment

Working...
                                X