Lazy Days of Summer Sxn Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry I misunderstood the rules.

I just assumed that we had no control over others' cities whatsoever, so while it made sense for me to be able to buy shields in my city, I didn't think it'd be all right to do everyone else's.
    Things would have been very different had I known I could rush everywhere! (We'd have ended up with even more useless explorers ) We'd also not have been able to regain Toofaraway because I'd have spent all the money.
    Great result with the Greeks LF! Conscription for a cease-fire is pretty good going given that they're so much bigger and better than we are.

Comment

• Am I reinstated or do I need to sit longer in the corners of the institute?
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Ben, go ahead -- we haven't seen Vlad for a bit either.

LF -- I agree this game needs help -- I don't think that the interest was sufficient to allow for a long time with the vote, so the early closure of the poll must have helped with the results -- no foul, no fine.

All, feel free to include commy as an acceptable government if you feel the need to do so -- most of us won't mind which party is in power.
        Those with lower expectations face fewer disappointments

Comment

• If I hadn't have been so lazy, I'd have gone to vote in that election!

Comment

• Lazy cities.

1886:

Rush Hides Freight in Tatooine. Rush Rifleman in Frodocastle, rush Factory, rush another freight.

1887:

Adjust sliders to discoveries every 6 turns, and no deficit.

1888:

Americans land a few cannons near Dukedom.

1889:

Prepare to send Spies to the West and discover any hidden terrain. Rush production to save a few turns.

1890:

Discover Steel, select Machine Tools for Miniturisation.

1891:

Capture Barb leader for 150 Gold.

1892:

Dye to from Straycoco to Izumo, 234 gold

1893:

Discover Machine tools, Select Electronics.

1894:

Meet with Americans, Americans declare War. We steal Miniturisation.

Kill American settler, and transport with 4 units.

1885:

Americans Assault Lafayette, Kill two defensive units. We kill their cannon next turn.

1886:

Now up to 576 gold. My successor is to leave Tatooine on the domestic advisor. The Americans are still a few techs ahead of us, though our diplomats will soon even the score.

I recommend that all cities either produce vet spies, or frieghts during your turn. You may rushbuy units in any cities, though you may not change any city other than your own.
            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• Da Save.

That's all for the sxn sessions that I missed.
              Attached Files

Comment

• Right, two points.
                One, can I decide to change the advisor working my city when it's not my turn, and two, with this in mind, which advisor would be best to get freights and spies? I know that they're units, but would both or domestic be better to get them?
                Thanks.

Comment

• Both JRabbit and I have "enjoyed" the frustration at seeing the advisors 'choose' suboptimal things to do -- thus we've left instructions for a following player as we've bought shields in our last turn (for trade) and a switch to an advisor would negate that.

I have yet to see dips or camels ever as an advisor choice.

Thus one is effectively limitied to two dips/trucks per turn.

What we haven't tried is moving units out from advisor driven cities, rehoming them and seeing if a military advisor would make more units -- a crude but potentially necessary wartime activity.

Comment

• We're looking for Vlad Anterkov to help celebrate the holidays by bringing good cheer with little effort. Or maybe with a medium level of effort...

Actually, w'll need some help to see if we can turn this around with many fingers tied behind our backs...

(One wonders if military advisors would build nukes...)

I'll be away for the holidays, back in the New Year.

Comment

• Have a fabulous hoidlay season, Old n Slow!

See you for more civvin' in 2004...
                      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Got it. My bad for not checking the Civ2-General forum more often.
                        oh god how did this get here I am not good with livejournal

Comment

• Actually... pass. I can't find my Civ2 CD.
                          oh god how did this get here I am not good with livejournal

Comment

• Time for a new round -- hmmmm we may have to put some thinking into this -- (such as how to fool advisors?) Wonder if a Commie government would affect the units/white goods tradeoff.

Also wonder if re-homing defenders would affect domestic advisor choices...?

I'll look at this tonight...in between a drink here & a drink there and other new year celebration potential activities...maybe look at this tomorrow instead/as well.

Comment

• Lazy -- 1896 (or so)

Hmm we have 16 cities to the Japanese 16, American 20, & Greek 23, with the Russians, Germans & Indians still unknown. Maybe we should (yawn) find out more about our neighbors someday. The Americans also have 8 (!!) techs that we don’t.

Also note that we have a half dozen cities with NO trade routes (we CAN take action there to set these up). We also have 7 settlers and 5 engineers (we CAN make new cities, (just set to Auto) even though we don’t run them. Maybe some of these settlers can go found new cities and let the engineers upgrade the countryside.

I think that I’ll run a test on some of the Auto stuff -- such as “Will the Auto generate military defensive units if there is nobody home?”

Opening situation sees enemy boats outside La Fayette -- thus a cal to action for that city & S. Pole is in order.

start the action -- (Germany develops Fundy; Chalco pops out an Engineer (Hmmm it looks like ‘new’ small cities with undeveloped terrain may grow engineers -- maybe we could re-home some of these guys…??? and make more???); Middelbore makes a bank & Doldrums finishes a SE.)

Try our first test with Doldrums -- advisor wants an explorer (but after disbanding the garrison Warrior) two toggles provide a response of an Alpine -- Much Better.) Also discovered the military advisor going for a rifle, but the domestic advisor opting for an Alpine -- too bad we don’t have too many Barracks out there maybe we could park a few Barracks in place during a “military emergency”, semi-rush build units accordingly and then re-home the vets where/when appropriate.

Tatooine insists on an explorer (oh well, maybe they know something we don’t; more likely they don’t know something and are insisting on finding it out(!)

1897 -- Disband some old units in La Fayette & RB an offshore (after moving in a Rifle from S Pole.) (Americans discover Computers; L F finishes offshore & Auto starts City Walls. Tatooine completes an explorer & blows up. Reset the citizens, disband all the units in Tatooine & now see an alpine underproduction. disband a musket in slowville & RB an offshore.)

1898 -- Steal Electronics, automobile, and Combustion from Chicago & lose one of three vet spies. Revolt (thinking that a few turns in Democracy might allow some growth.)

1899 (Americans start SETI; Greeks are now a Republic, Barbs attack a northern city of ours (making a Rifle a Vet but the leader dances away only to be smacked by a Japanese Destroyer.) We are now in Democracy (American sub sinks our transport with six additional units (a severe loss of future tech and $$ about half trucks and half spies…)

1900 -- (Americans discover Mobil Warfare; Japanese acquire same in short order Amerk sub nails our destroyer moving in to support the planned transports in the Aztec/American Sea.) Japs sneak attack -- nail out hapless out of place settler near them but lose another assault on one of our yet to be vet rifles.

1901 -- Meet the Germans, establish an embassy (they have no techs that we want) and run around in their area for the next few turns.

1902 -- Found a couple of cities & set them to Auto (Amerks discover Robotics; L F builds City Walls) We lose two spies sabotaging an Amerk sub (one of two in the hot waters near Oldetown.)

1903 -- Greeks discover AW (as do the Japanese and they also send one of our transports (with two spies on board) to the bottom near Oldetown.

1904 -- Americans discover N F; we discover Refrigeration & opt for Flight (we don’t have Colossus, so why not?.) Toynbee -- Most Powerful: Greek, Jap, Amerk, (Russian by default), Us, Germans, Indians.

1905 -- Barb Fanatics raze Dukedom (I fired out with a Rifle, & lost; left the fortified Musket to hold & he failed. Also lost the truck that was built a few turns before. Maybe this will spur the mayors to build better units. Sorry Duke, feel free to start/control, take & control another city.)

1906 -- Steal Computers from LA & Robotics (tough choice -- I opted for the choice & almost took MW but overall, I think that this may be the better pick -- we can get MW elsewhere and research it sooner, but I usually end up building more Howies than tanks in a normal game.)

Notes for the next player: We are currently in democracy, but can revolt this turn (option available) and I vote for Commy (for some more Vet spies as well) as we are at war with the #2 & #3 powers in the world & can use some of their techs. The Americans are getting a tech every other turn, significantly faster than what we can do (wait -- we picked up six over the last ten turns, but 5 of them were “acquired”) and they have 6-8 waiting for us to “learn”.

On the wonder race, the Americans are 8 turns into SETI and can switch to Manhattan (but night abandon as Rocketry is unknown) -- we have some hides camels and a few trucks & bucks should the spirit move…

The waters off Oldetown/Slowville are unsafe -- we’ve lost a destroyer and two transports, seeing at least two subs and a cruiser -- be advised. I think that the game is back from the brink of hopeless, but it will require perhaps a moderate level of attention to get this into the Win column.

Comment

• Vlad passed, so Straybow is next followed by Ben Kenobi
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X