Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rah
    replied
    Never seen that one, but heard someone else said they saw it, many moons ago.

Leave a comment:

• Wharf Rat
    replied
    It was not the orange civ. The message actually came up "DO YOU WISH TO DECLARE WAR ON THE BARBARIANS?"

I went ahead and then got, "YOU ARE OVERRULED BY THE SENATE, ACTION CANCELLED."

Leave a comment:

• Wharf Rat
    replied
    Duke, you misunderstand.... I was stopped from attacking barbarian Units 40 squares away from the barb city and not produced by it. I eventually did buy the city, but only after slaking my thirst on tastey NONE units.

Leave a comment:

• duke o' york
    replied
    I know that it has absolutely nothing to do with the question here, but why didn't you just buy the city? You'd have got all the defenders for free and not reduced the population by attacking it.
    Barb cities come very cheap and you can get round senate interference by just throwing money at the barbs rather than units. It's not as if you can demand tribute from the barbs or insist they leave your territory.

Is the resolution on your monitor not all that?
    Maybe the barb was from the orange civ?

Leave a comment:

• Wharf Rat
    replied
    No and yes, respectively. I was still in Monarchy when I investigated the city.

Leave a comment:

• rah
    replied
    Had you investigated that city that turn?
    Was the barb city originally one of yours?

Leave a comment:

• Wharf Rat
    replied
    It happened. Two conditions worth noting: There was a barbarian city which I was using as a 'farm' for NONE units. Also, I had spied on the city to see if there were any improvements. I am wondering if one of these factors gave the barbs the standing of a real civilization.

Leave a comment:

• rah
    replied
    Originally posted by Wharf Rat
    In a recent game while playing a Republic, the Senate overruled me when I attacked a barb. Can anyone tell me why?
    Never seen that.

Leave a comment:

• Six Thousand Year Old Man
    replied
    I did not know about the roads-no barbs trick. Guess I assumed that barbs wouldn't pop up in the city radius, and I seldom road outside the radius. Well, to be more accurate, I should say that I seldom have a lot of land that's outside a city radius for long

Nonetheless, well done

Leave a comment:

• Wharf Rat
    replied
    In a recent game while playing a Republic, the Senate overruled me when I attacked a barb. Can anyone tell me why?

Leave a comment:

• Elephant
    replied
    I've seen AI Phalanx defend against multiple Legion attackers with little strength loss, so I would believe it.

RE Roading Everywhere (above): Figuring out the "optimal" RD/RR routes for trade bonuses is a pain, so if you've got spare time for Set/Eng just R everything. You'll see TR values pop up between domestic cities.

Leave a comment:

• rah
    replied
    I doubt there is a difference, but you know all of us MPers are paranoid.

Leave a comment:

• SlowThinker
    replied
    Yes.

Leave a comment:

• rah
    replied
    Originally posted by SlowThinker
    This applies to any AI deferender, not only in a city.
    I tested when barbs were led by human but I think it applies also when barbs are AI. It didn't depend on difficulty (same results with King and Deity).
    Hmmm, suprising. It doesn't seem to jive with my experiences, but it has been awhile since I played with an AI.

I'm assuming that you tested in SP mode.

RAH

Leave a comment:

• SlowThinker
    replied
    Originally posted by SlowThinker
    I have tested the defense bonus against barbs in cities:
    The firepower (maybe hitpoints, but i think it is firepower) of the defender in capital (=a city with a Palace) is multiplied by 6 and in a normal city by 2.5 .
    (It means that fortified warrior on a river in normal city is about equal to an attacking barb archer)
    Edit: this is valid only if you have at least 2 cities.

And it looks that AI defenders have even better bonus.
    Test result:
    Defense of AI units against barbs (barbs may be human or AI) is doubled (or attack of barbs is halved, I didn't test so thoroughly). This applies to any AI deferender, not only in a city.
    I tested when barbs were led by human but I think it applies also when barbs are AI. It didn't depend on difficulty (same results with King and Deity).

Leave a comment:

Working...
X