X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ljube-ljcvetko
    replied
    Originally posted by rah
    Never seen that one, but heard someone else said they saw it, many moons ago.

This never happened to me but something similar which cost me much more did. Twice. SNEAK ATTACK BY THE BARBARIAN FORCES.

Leave a comment:

• Exile
    replied
    I was reading it just now.

This thread has provided me with an effective tool to channel barbarian appearances in the latest scenario project.

Thanx.

Leave a comment:

• Ming
    replied
    Originally posted by Boco
    Bump because of the WULF and his MARAUDERS! thread in the Scenario League
    I'm glad you explained why you bumped it... when I first saw it, I thought, WHERE DID THAT COME FROM

Leave a comment:

• Boco
    replied
    Bump because of the WULF and his MARAUDERS! thread in the Scenario League

Leave a comment:

• SlowThinker
    replied
    the defense bonus in cities - correction

Originally posted by SlowThinker
    The firepower (maybe hitpoints, but i think it is firepower) of the defender ... in a normal city by 2.5 .
    This is correct only if you have 7 cities or less.
    (Tested with deity and king, therefore I suppose it is valid for all difficulty levels)

Leave a comment:

• rah
    replied
    After I started playing MP, I also stopped using none farms. They don't stay barb cities for long in MP games. At least not on our small rock worlds.

Leave a comment:

• Wharf Rat
    replied
    That's wierd, wild stuff, 'Phant. Given my preferred strategy of minimal military and focusing on trade and science early, that makes a barb city a very questionable enterprise. I depend on being able to use a couple of attackers to cover wide swaths of space...

Leave a comment:

• Elephant
    replied
    Yes, when the Barbs have at least one city they are treated as a "cvilization". You can try to establish an embassy (the Dip disappears, nothing on F3), and they can do research. You can even get a tech from taking their city, if they have anything you dont have (hah!). In Rep/Dem there can be Senate interference with attacking Barb units, but if you let them attack you several times it will eventually disappear. It's the "down side" of keeping a Barb city as a NONE farm.

Leave a comment:

• atawa
    replied
    Sounds possible, after all, you can also establish an embasy with them.
    (The dip vanishes but off course there is nothing in the diplo screen)

Leave a comment:

• Wharf Rat
    replied
    I did bribe the city (later). I was not attacking the city. I was attacking random barbs on a different part of the map when I heard from the Senate. Also, I have a PC, not a Mac.

Leave a comment:

• -Jrabbit
    replied
    I'm a Mac user and often play in Democracy.

I've never had Senate interference with any Barb interaction, random or city-based. (Of course, when I wish to re-take a Barb NONE farm, I usually bribe, to get all the units and maintain city size.)

Leave a comment:

• rah
    replied
    What I remember was the person said that it only came up once. Later on, he never even got the senate message when attacking barbs.

Leave a comment:

• DrSpike
    replied
    I remember someone bringing this up, though to my recollection I've never seen it. It wasn't a Mac idiosyncracy was it?

Leave a comment:

• duke o' york
    replied
    But the barbarians are always at war with you!

I wonder if the Senate would have said the same thing had you allowed them to attack you first. Maybe it is because the barbs actually have a city.

The Senate are stupid anyway.

Leave a comment:

• Six Thousand Year Old Man
    replied
    Originally posted by rah
    Never seen that one, but heard someone else said they saw it, many moons ago.
    I've seen it, but not lately.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X