X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pitbossmod319 - port settings

Setup of mod APT2011
    [Configuracion para administradores de partidas]

(translation of this article [insert url once i have 20 posts], contains the orginal spanish version in small font size and light gray)

Since this mod is not compatible with civstats.com and their client, it adds its own client and homepage.
    [El mod a partir de su verion APT2011 hace inncecesario el uso de civstats y añade un cliente que permite el paso de datos a la nueva web.]

Instructions to setup a pitboss game using any version of the APT mod:
    (These steps are only necessary for the admin of the pitboss server, NOT for the players)
    [Instrucciones de administracion de una partida con mod APT*.
    Estos pasos son solo necesarios para el administrador de las partidas no para los jugadores.]

Install the client APTMOD:
    1 - download the client: [insert url: see post nr6]
    2 - unzip in any directory $INSTALLDIR$
    3 - if not already installed, get the java runtime: [insert url]
    [Debemos tener instalado el cliente APTMOD:
    1- descargar el cliente:
    2- descomprimir en algun directorio.
    3- descargar si no esta instalado ya el runtime de java : ]

1 - set up a regular pitboss game (load the APT mod in the section) and start the game (you should see the counter running)
    [1- Arrancar de la partida pitboss de forma normal. Este paso termina cuando sale la ventana del pitboss ya creada con el contador de turno en marcha.]

2 - Edit the configuration file aptmod.txt to your settings. (which is located in $INSTALLDIR$ ???)
    [2-Configuracion del fichero aptmod.txt del cliente.
    Nos vamos al cliente y editamos este fichero y lo configuramos con nuestros datos.]

The file should look like this:
    [El fichero tiene esta pinta:]

NUM_PITBOSS=2
    Base_dir=C:\\Program Files\\Firaxis Games\\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\\Beyond the Sword
    URL_SERVIDOR=[insert url]

PITBOSS1=gamename1 ???
    NICK_ADMIN1=NicknameOfAdminOnHomepage ???
    PASS_ADMIN1=PasswordOfAdmin

PITBOSS2=gamename2
    NICK_ADMIN2=samesame
    PASS_ADMIN2=samesame

... and so on...

Description:
    - NUM_PITBOSS: the number of pitboss servers / games you are running (using the altroot method?)
    - Base_dir: the install directory of BTS
    - URL_SERVIDOR: the url of the stats webpage (standart: [insert url], but it could change in the future)

the next items will occure in groups of 3, one group for each game/server you are running:
    - PITBOSSxxx: exact name of the game (replace xxx with a ascending number: 1, 2, 3, ...)
    - NICK_ADMINxxx: the nickname of the game administrator (on the webpage)
    - PASS_ADMINxxx: the administrator passwort (on the webpage)

[NUM_PITBOSS=2
    BASE_DIR=C:\\Archivos de programa\\Firaxis Games\\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\\Beyond the Sword
    URL_SERVIDOR=
    PITBOSS1=prueba
    NICK_ADMIN1=Manolo
    PASS_ADMIN1=pass
    PITBOSS2=prueba2
    NICK_ADMIN2=Manolo
    PASS_ADMIN2=pass

En NUM_PITBOSS pondremos el numero de partidas que tendremos activas.
    BASE_DIR el directorio base del BTS
    URL_SERVIDOR tendra la url de la web que podra cambiar, nos la debe suministrar el administrador de la web.
    a partir de aqui hay un grupo de 3 elementos que se repetiran para cada partida que tenga en marcha este server.
    PITBOSSxxx= tendra el nombre exacto de la partida
    NICK_ADMINxxx tendra el nick del usuario administrador de la partida en la web
    PASS_ADMINxxx tendra el password del usuario administrador de la partida en la web.]

3 - After setting up the client (by editing the text file) start the client with aptclient.bat (found in $INSTALLDIR$ ??? (If it is already running, close and restart it)
    Please note: the client window needs to remain active {??? does it really, or does this mean, you shouldn't close/minimize the window?}
    [3- Una vez configurado el fichero ejecutamos el aptclient.bat del cliente (si lo teniamos arrancado hay que parar antes y volver a arrancar) y debe quedarse una ventana activa.]

4 - The client generates logs in it's $INSTALLDIR% (pay attention: they will be deleted every time you restart the client ???)
    [4- El cliente genera unos logs dentro del directorio en el que fue instalado y que borra cuando arranca. ]

---------- original post --------

Hi there

Sorry for posting in english in the spanish forum, but I've got some questions about the mods you are using, and it seems like there are no english informations around.. (or are there?)

We're hosting a 14player game, with your pitbossmod319, basically to prevent "double turns". Now we would like to start a second game, is there any way to change the port where the pitboss runs on (using the /altroot command line parameter?)

By the way, i saw you have some never versions of it? apt mods? are some english (or french or german) information about it around?

Thanks and best wishes from swiss civ4 community around zuerich
    moschti
    Last edited by moschti; May 16, 2012, 08:46. Reason: collection all information here

Hi!!

sorry, no much info in english as till now i didnt know that we had any english users... The last version is the AptMod2012BMf that not only had the double turn control fixed but also uses the aptmod.com portal for turn control

here are instruccion to install it in spanish
    El Mod desarrollado para Pitboss son unas modificaciones sobre el Civilization BTS parche 3.19 que añade nuevas funcionalidades para su modalidad de juego Pitboss.

I can help you to translate it if need so.

To change the port you can change in the CivilizationIV.ini the line
    ; NetComm Port
    Port = 2056

and set the port you want.

Feel free to ask and post in english as your request!

Comment

Magno, la descarga a la que le remites es desde megaupload.

Comment

Vamos Manolo, cambia ese link pirata
        ¨Los ojos no ven lo que el cerebro no entiende¨ Proverbio Griego
        "Vivir no es Durar" Mafalda

Comment

Lo que no entiendo es para que coño quieren ese mod obsoleto.

P.S: que cojan otro más moderno y punto.

Comment

aptmod.com/AptMod2012BMf.zip

Comment

Originally posted by HIMAN View Post

Usaban ese para el doble turno y ese les servía, está chulo ver que gente que ni estaba registrada aquí usa esas herramientas, no?
              Clasificación APT 2009: 91 puntos () Clasificación APT 2010: 104 puntos ()
              Clasificación APT 2011: 70 puntos (10°) Clasificación APT 2012: 87 puntos (12°)
              Clasificación APT 2013: 90 puntos (12°) Clasificación APT 2014: 131 puntos ()

Comment

Sí Koning, pero son suizos, y allí el castellano se habla bastante.

P.S: una visita a Astro no les vendría mal.

Comment

hey there

ok, i tried to translate the install instructions to english (maybe it'll be usefull to some other person in the future)

I'll collect the information in the first post, hope i don't violate any forum rules...
                  please have a look at it, i tried with a combination of my french and some italian, and mostly with google translator to get the text translated..

Comment

thanks by the way for the replies!
                    unfortunately, i'm not allowed to post urls, i'll insert them asap in the first post.

concerning PitbossMod319: I arleady tried to edit the configuration file, but the pitboss server doesn't seem to really care whats written in there (I tried to start the second pitboss server with the /altroot, and edited the ini file in this directory) But i suppose its better to switch to the new version of the mod anyways? (unfortunately, we have already one game running with 14 players using the old mod)

are the source files for the mod and the webpage opensource? or is the author around and would allow me to translate it in english / german?

By the way, some advertisment
                    for those who want a lightweight stats app, we did something similar to civstats (basically because the civstats uploader wasn't working with the pitboss and the pitbossmod319 installed)
                    You can find our project on my github page: google for "rafikueng github pitboss" [insert url asap i've got 20 posts]
                    it basically reads out the pitboss window and creates a txt and html log file. we're adding a jabber/xmpp notification service at the moment. its quite ealy in developpment, doesn't yet support multiple pitboss servers, and al the settings are hardcoded (you need to compile it your selves) but it's basically working (again, i would post a link to the stats page if i were allowed )
                    ah btw: its released on a "do whatever you want with it" license.

Comment

concerning the new mod:
                      is it possible to use it just to prevent the double turns (without the stats page, because in spanish we couldn't use it anyways) without getting any connections errors and stuff?

Comment

Originally posted by HIMAN View Post

well, if i understood you right, you're suggesting to use (que coño) a newer mod version

yeah, that was our fault. we should have asked for the new version before we started the game, but the pitbossmod319 was the only one we could find somewhere online (mu...) And the game had to be started rather quickly... now we have to live with it for the next 6 month...
                        Last edited by moschti; May 16, 2012, 08:44. Reason: added quote

Comment

we use the last mod that replaces our page civstats, with Android application including
                          the English translation of the site can be done.

www.aptmod.com

Magno is the developer and manager, ask for a user to see the page.

PD: IF you don't understand, blame Google translate
                          ¨Los ojos no ven lo que el cerebro no entiende¨ Proverbio Griego
                          "Vivir no es Durar" Mafalda

Comment

Originally posted by moschti View Post
                            thanks by the way for the replies!
                            unfortunately, i'm not allowed to post urls, i'll insert them asap in the first post.

concerning PitbossMod319: I arleady tried to edit the configuration file, but the pitboss server doesn't seem to really care whats written in there (I tried to start the second pitboss server with the /altroot, and edited the ini file in this directory) But i suppose its better to switch to the new version of the mod anyways? (unfortunately, we have already one game running with 14 players using the old mod)
                            el mdo do not chane the limitations that civIV allready had in this. To run 2 pitboss with diferents prt you can do two options, firsto option, as Astro does, is change the CivilizationIV.ini, lunch first pitboss, change again the CivilizationIV.ini with the second port, and lunch the second one.

Other option is to copy the civIV folder for each pitboss port. Thats what I had done. You will need some extra space in disc... but it works.

are the source files for the mod and the webpage opensource? or is the author around and would allow me to translate it in english / german?
                            el mod is public, Manolo had de source and can shared it with you. The webpage can be translated to any language if you can help me to do so I will be glad to translate it to german.
                            The web page also is public althow the source is not public to aboid snippers searching sortcuts to places that would not to be public. But it always be free

By the way, some advertisment
                            for those who want a lightweight stats app, we did something similar to civstats (basically because the civstats uploader wasn't working with the pitboss and the pitbossmod319 installed)
                            You can find our project on my github page: google for "rafikueng github pitboss" [insert url asap i've got 20 posts]
                            a small replacement tool for CivStats (small console app, reading out the infos from PitBoss into local txt or db to be parsed by local html server) - RafiKueng/PitBossInfo

it basically reads out the pitboss window and creates a txt and html log file. we're adding a jabber/xmpp notification service at the moment. its quite ealy in developpment, doesn't yet support multiple pitboss servers, and al the settings are hardcoded (you need to compile it your selves) but it's basically working (again, i would post a link to the stats page if i were allowed )
                            ah btw: its released on a "do whatever you want with it" license.
                            cool! good job, I wil take a look

concerning the new mod:
                            is it possible to use it just to prevent the double turns (without the stats page, because in spanish we couldn't use it anyways) without getting any connections errors and stuff?
                            yes its possible. Just dont run the client and delete the "game name" folder after the game is finished

well, if i understood you right, you're suggesting to use (que coño) a newer mod version

yeah, that was our fault. we should have asked for the new version before we started the game, but the pitbossmod319 was the only one we could find somewhere online (mu...) And the game had to be started rather quickly... now we have to live with it for the next 6 month...
                            we had the same problem.. we had severan version or the mod in each pitboss running....

Comment

Setup of mod APT2011 and laters versions

(translation of this article http://apolyton.net/showthread.php/1...=1#post6042269 , contains the orginal spanish version)

With this mod you actually do not need any more civstats.com and its client but still can be used in paralell,this mods has its own client and homepage.

Instructions to setup a pitboss game using any version of the APT mod:
                              (These steps are only necessary for the admin of the pitboss server, NOT for the players)

Install the client APTMOD:
                              1 - download the client: www.aptmod.com/aptclient.zip
                              2 - unzip in any directory $INSTALLDIR$
                              3 - if not already installed, get the java runtime: http://java.com/es/download/

1 - set up a regular pitboss game (load the APT mod in the section) and start the game (you should see the counter running)
                              2 - Edit the configuration file aptmod.txt at $INSTALLDIR$ with your settings.

The file should look like this:

NUM_PITBOSS=2
                              Base_dir=C:\\Program Files\\Firaxis Games\\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\\Beyond the Sword
                              URL_SERVIDOR=www.aptmod.com

PITBOSS1=GameName1
                              NICK_ADMIN1=NickNameOfAdmin
                              PASS_ADMIN1=PasswordOfAdmin
                              PITBOSS2=GameName2
                              NICK_ADMIN2= NickNameOfAdmin
                              PASS_ADMIN2= PasswordOfAdmin

Description:
                              - NUM_PITBOSS: the number of pitboss servers / games you are running
                              - Base_dir: the install directory of BTS
                              - URL_SERVIDOR: the url of the stats webpage (standard: www.aptmod.com, but it could change in the future)

the next items will occure in groups of 3, one group for each game/server you are running:
                              - PITBOSSxxx: exact name of the game (replace xxx with a ascending number: 1, 2, 3, ...)
                              - NICK_ADMINxxx: the nickname of the game administrator (on the webpage)
                              - PASS_ADMINxxx: the administrator passwort (on the webpage)

NickNameOfAdmin es the nick name of the administrator of the game at ww.aptmod.com. To get a nick registerd your self at aptmod.com and crear a new nick, set your password and use it in PasswordOfAdmin

3 - After setting up the client (by editing the text file) start the client with aptclient.bat at $INSTALLDIR$ (If it is already running, close and restart it)
                              Please note: the client window needs to remain active . You can minimize it, but not close it. If its gets close, just lunch it again

4 - The client generates logs in it's $INSTALLDIR% (pay attention: they will be deleted every time you restart the client)

Comment

Working...
                              X