Sure binary

game so far:
    bts,
    AI OFF,
    tech. trading OFF,
    era ancient,
    map Fractal,
    single turn,
    with 36h timer (if player skip turn he will be set to AI; if player skip turns regulary then eliminate from game)

Players:
    1. Wittlich
    2. St Jon
    3. Zorzak
    4. Janis
    5. Evalds
    6. Pinchak
    7. Beta?
    8. Binary010101

I would like to have couple more players.

Comment

I'd like in if you still have room.

Comment

Originally posted by St Jon
        Are we going to have a Double-Move Rule? If not, then that is ok with me but if we are then it has to be set out in advance. It will be a real pain if people start yelling 'foul-play' when war breaks out and they are caught by surprise. Constant pauses and re-loads will hold everything up and cause ill-will.
        I'm for play with Double-Move rule turn ON. If this rule will be OFF we will be have only not wanted problems. Who wants play with such kind of problems ? I think no one should wants if understand this corectly

Comment

Originally posted by Zorzak View Post
          I'm for play with Double-Move rule turn ON. If this rule will be OFF we will be have only not wanted problems. Who wants play with such kind of problems ? I think no one should wants if understand this corectly
          Ok, Then can we have it simple and easy to understand. This is Ming's version of it which I think is simple, fair and easy to understand.

You can't move at the end of the turn, declare war, and then move before your opponent. Or, declare war, move after your opponent, then move again before your opponent in the next turn.

You can move before your opponent in a turn (KEY, since if you move after, it becomes a double move)... then start the next turn, declare war, move before your opponent... but then you have to wait for your opponent to move.
          Only thing that needs to be worked out is a maximum amount of time you have to wait before moving again or otherwise the other Player can Time-Out their opponent by waiting till the clock is nearly up. 12hrs on a 36hr clock?
          “Quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur”
          - Anon

Comment

Haveing some sort of double move rule is a must. I suggest the same one that is being used for Flamefest III.

Also, I would advise against a fractal map. Some civs inevitably will start out on the "arms" of the fractial and be boxed in. Other civs will be in the "middle" sharing boarders with 6 or 7 other civs. I would suggest using a Terra map or Panagea map.

Some other settings/options to consider for this game....

1. Map size - I would suggest Large for the number of civs you want.

2. Civ Choice - Will players be able to choose their civs, or will it be random?

3. Tech Speed - I prefer epic, although some would argue that with pitboss this is too slow.

4. Barbs - On, off, or with PMS. I prefer on.

5. Huts - On or Off. I prefer on.

6. Victorys - I would suggest turning "Time" off, all others on.

These are all the other settings I can think of right now. As a side note, I don't agree with making someone AI for missing one turn. I would say 3 turns in a row, unless they have given advance notice.

PS: Thanks for having me.

Comment

EvaldsUrtans, If Beta is a definite yes and Black Knight 427 is in as well that makes 9. How many others are you looking for?
              - Anon

Comment

game so far:
                bts,
                AI OFF,
                tech. trading OFF,
                tech. speed Epic,
                era ancient,
                map Fractal,
                map size optimal for number of players,
                single turn,
                random civs,
                barbars ON,
                huts ON,
                36h timer (if player skip turn he will be set to AI; if player skip turns regulary then eliminate from game)

Players:
                1. Wittlich
                2. St Jon
                3. Zorzak
                4. Janis
                5. Evalds
                6. Pinchak
                7. Beta?
                8. Binary010101
                9. Black Knight 427

Sign-up is open until saturday

Comment

Originally posted by Pinchak
                  I would suggest using a Terra map or Panagea map.
                  I disagree about Terra/Pangea map, i like discover new lands and it is stupid for me when i know how continents looks like. By the way Pangea is stupid

Also, I would advise against a fractal map. Some civs inevitably will start out on the "arms" of the fractial and be boxed in. Other civs will be in the "middle" sharing boarders with 6 or 7 other civs.
                  I think when we choose large or even huge map we could avoid it. I hope playing on large/huge map won't make game longer.

Some other settings/options to consider for this game....

1. Map size - I would suggest Large for the number of civs you want.

2. Civ Choice - Will players be able to choose their civs, or will it be random?

3. Tech Speed - I prefer epic, although some would argue that with pitboss this is too slow.

4. Barbs - On, off, or with PMS. I prefer on.

5. Huts - On or Off. I prefer on.

6. Victorys - I would suggest turning "Time" off, all others on.
                  1. Agree, can play huge too.
                  2. I prefer to play without "financial" leaders but i can play random too.
                  3. I prefer to play with normal game speed but i can play epic too.
                  4. I prefer ON but i can play OFF too. I do not know what is PMS
                  5. I prefer OFF (becouse i prefer to play without any advantage focus on luck) but i can play ON too.
                  6. Agree.

By the way:

7. Events - ON ? (it's not makes bigger advantage like huts)
                  8. Vasal state - OFF ? (who wants play ON ? Who want to be a slave ? I hope no one)

Of course i want to remember that those only my prefers, as i said before i do not want to play only if one of those rules below are break:

1- bts latest official/unofficial patch
                  2- AI OFF
                  3- tech. trading OFF
                  4- era ancient
                  5- map Fractal
                  6- world wrap - toroidal

other settings no matter for me
                  EvaldsUrtans please do not forget about set: World wrap - Toroidal Thx in advance

Comment

Vassal state could be useful if you're about to be destroyed by a larger civ, and volunteer to be a vassal to an even larger civ. That way, you're saved from the war, and can cancel the vassalege if necessary.

We would also normally be playing a large map for 8 civs (or at least I do ) so that we have room to expand, so that, I think, eliminates the possibility of fractal (larger map and more room, yes, but more people and thus a higher likelihood of being boxed in.)

Finally, Zorzak, why do you want toroidal world wrap?

Comment

I would love to play. Please count me in!!

Comment

I thought Fractal was just random so I don't really understand how you risk being boxed in any more than any other time? Let me know if I am wrong. I only use Panagea for on-line as it's definitely very easy to get boxed in and die very quickly - also it knocks out a lot of naval warfare.

I have never played on a toroidal map in Civ but always did in CtP where it was a massive improvement. If it works then I cannot see any problems.

1. Map size - Has to be Large, at least, I prefer Huge.

2. I prefer free choice as I know random I will get Ghengis or Montezuma. I don't see any problems with FIN Civs, I wouldn't normally pick one, ORG is just as powerful.

3. Tech Speed - I like Epic as well or we are chucking Nukes at eachother in the 18th Century.

4. Barbs - On but not Raging Hordes. Too easy to be wiped out too early.

5. Huts - I like on.

6. Victorys - I agree no Time Victory.

7. Random Events - I prefer off - not not that important.

8. Vassalage is OK as you can break it but no Capitulation as you're stuck forever.

9. Difficulty - I reckon King.

Really I will just go with the flow as I'm pretty easy on all these - just my preferences atated above.
                        - Anon

Comment

Originally posted by binary010101
                          Finally, Zorzak, why do you want toroidal world wrap?
                          Becouse playing without toroidal "close" north and south pole becomes unpassage, it means makes earths/map not like a ball. It is stupid for me when i cannot go by poles becouse there is end of map. Earth should be like a ball not flat.

I thought Fractal was just random so I don't really understand how you risk being boxed in any more than any other time? Let me know if I am wrong.
                          I do not understand too

I only use Panagea for on-line as it's definitely very easy to get boxed in and die very quickly
                          Exacly.

also it knocks out a lot of naval warfare.
                          Exacly.

Comment

I'd like to join if you still have a spot.

my preference:

1. Map size - i'm fine with all option

2. Civ Choice - random

3. Tech Speed - epic or normal

4. Barbs - On

5. Huts - OFF I really wish them to be off. can be very unbalancing

6. Victorys - doesnt matter, we wont see time victory anyway

Events - i prefer off

Vassalage- off

Comment

Originally posted by mzprox View Post
                              I'd like to join if you still have a spot.

my preference:

1. Map size - i'm fine with all option

2. Civ Choice - random

3. Tech Speed - epic or normal

4. Barbs - On

5. Huts - OFF I really wish them to be off. can be very unbalancing

6. Victorys - doesnt matter, we wont see time victory anyway

Events - i prefer off

Vassalage- off
                              Only queries are with 2 and 5 plus what definition 4.

2. Random Civs is luck as much as Goodie Huts but alters your entire strategy. I can play as a conquerer but I really, for enjoyment, prefer not to.

5. There is always luck in Civ and Goodie Huts add a bit of fun. I can live without them though.

4. What level of Barbs are we thinking of? Raging Hordes is a real pain as you can get get wiped out by 6 Axemen attacking you when you haven't built more than a couple of Cities. That is outrageous bad luck and far worse than anything from a Hut or Random Event.

BTW. Beta is into playing.
                              - Anon

Comment

Originally posted by St Jon View Post
                                Only queries are with 2 and 5 plus what definition 4.

2. Random Civs is luck as much as Goodie Huts but alters your entire strategy. I can play as a conquerer but I really, for enjoyment, prefer not to.

5. There is always luck in Civ and Goodie Huts add a bit of fun. I can live without them though.

4. What level of Barbs are we thinking of? Raging Hordes is a real pain as you can get get wiped out by 6 Axemen attacking you when you haven't built more than a couple of Cities. That is outrageous bad luck and far worse than anything from a Hut or Random Event.

BTW. Beta is into playing.
                                I said random civs because I like to be surprised and think about what strategy should i use with that one. all civs have their strenght and weaknesses but sure some of them is considered stronger than others.

I don't like the huts, some can get 3 techs from it an ohter two maps and a hostile tribe event-and this in the begining is huge.

From the options on/off/raging barbs i choosed on, so no raging. ( I had lost many games to barbarians so i don't mind playing without them..)

Comment

Working...
                                X