No announcement yet.

Flamefest III - The Final Insult

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @ Pinchak...I did not mean that you did it on purpose, sorry if that came accross. I was talking in general, for every situation that you declare war after your opponent played his turn.

@ Grandpa...at last!!! Some spirit

Comment

• @ Pinchak...I did not mean that you did it on purpose, sorry if that came accross. I was talking in general, for every situation that you declare war after your opponent played his turn.
      No problem. I just don't want it interpreted that I did something underhanded.

For the record, I have no issue with a reload if that is going to make everyone happy. All I ask is that it happen after Gigers 1200 AD move and he doesn't log in for the remainder of that turn.

Comment

• Since we all coming clean

Im not really Grumpy, but merely stating that rules are ok, but I cant see where its anymore fair to let the other person "be prepared" by being within this so called double move

If I attack once on Giger then he attacks back thats not really indicitive of a real war..

When I say "Just a game" I mean lets not get all riled up over a game but merely live within a role we can play out

And i also have a life and a very busy one

However, if someone is historically holding the turn up..and by this i mean most all the time we have 80-90% played within 12 hours or so and Giger is historically allways the last to play

No dig on him but thats what it is the truth

Its very hard to maintain a flow or show a "spirit" when the game drags.

the "rule" of 36 should never have been take 36 but play by

Ok, Again, not being grumpy but I swear sometimes it appears we are not as "sportsmanship orientated" when we war

Play SimCity or castheBuilder Crusader if war is not your thing

Im kewl with whatever anyone wants but dang, restarting over a small thing like this, like trying to find an exploit to help defer you losses.

Ok, and one other thing, when I say its a game i mean sometimes its luck of the draw, starting position, getting a great setup and not being detracted by negative events

Of course, Im not expert i just enjoy the fellowship and fun of playing with you lot

I do learn lots just find it a tad childish to "hide behind circumstances" and cry foul over some seemingly trivial matters

Can we just play the game, have a war or have some diplomatic serenity just keep moving along..

Thanks and JIHAD Gramps is now the flavor i savor

Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

• I agree that it is indeed a game and we should act as if we were playing it face to face at a table instead of across cyberspace. This dispute is actually pretty civil compared to others I have seen over this very same issue.

I do have to disagree however with your assesment Gramps that this is a minor event. I know why Giger feels robbed. How would you feel if you logged in only to discover someone has declared war on you and their stack is sitting on a hill right next to one of your cities?

Comment

• Originally posted by Pinchak View Post
            I do have to disagree however with your assesment Gramps that this is a minor event. I know why Giger feels robbed. How would you feel if you logged in only to discover someone has declared war on you and their stack is sitting on a hill right next to one of your cities?
            Im a U S Army veteran, so will say having been trained in military tactics and mindset..I still feel its war, more realistic the way i describe, because in real life if you get ambushed, you dont simply blow a whistle and say foul

You dont whine that the enemy snuck up, cry and pout because someone got the drop on you

You have perimeter defense, called outposts

this way you know when the enemy is near

Now, some folks decide since its only sporting we slap each other with a glove or march out and shake hands in "sportsmanlike atomosphere" duel, then one at a time attack in equal opportunity, now THAT is why i say its only a game, because in reality, sneak attacks come in warfare

This is and allways has been my stance

I play because i like the game, enjoy the fellowship but am also intelligent enough and experienced enough to see its a game and nothing more

We set rules up to give eveyone an equal opportunity to be "sporting like"

Im good with it, heck if it keeps the delusioned amongst the community of players happy that this is anything close to real combat, heck, game away

Hope this helps clarify my position

Gramps

Comment

• I have a question:

For those "sportsmanship minded" here, how fair is it when say you have a stack of Knights or maybe even Axeman, or say Swordsman, and maybe you have 8 units

Just how sportsman like is it to attack a worker and say an archer?

I mean, you get the drop on this innocent worker and a mere archer, does it make you glow with pride that you wear them out and say you won a battle when in fact you didnt have a battle you ganged up on a small insignifigant unit?

Just curious folks, trying to understand this whole concept I am listening to.

Thanks in advance for educating old Gramps on being fair or unfair

Gramps

Comment

• For the record, I really enjoy engaging you good people in useful/useless banter, it is nice to hear opinions, not that we will resolve a lot, but still nice to see where your heart is on various matters

By the way, only 5-6 hours until we get another turn then another 36 hours, so we may get two turns in this weekend

Comment

• Grandpa the sportsmanship is limited to the issue of the double move as far as i am concerened.... maybe braking diplomatic deals as well but that is just me and I have no illusions that it should be for everyone.

But the double move, lets you get hold of a strategic position (on a hill for example) or even taking a city before your opponent can defend.....that you would not get if you did not double move...
                  Now regarding archers and workers and superior units...it is your fault if you are behind in tech and if you leave your units exposed...nothing to do with sportsmanship....luck as you said is always a factor with land, RNG etc, but that is part of the game...double move is not part of the game and can be avoided.

Personnaly I prefer the game to be slowed down abit (pausing game to give time to opponent to play), than players to have hard feelings. I have been beaten down by opponents many times and I have done my share of beating as well...I always enjoy it no matter if i am on the receiving side or not....but feeling you have been "cheated" (even not on purpose) is not good.

Comment

• But OTOH, all of us have played enough Civ to know that war is inevitable sooner or later. And to be miffed that someone declares war on you (and then follows the rules - to his advantage) is quite frankly a bit lame.
                    I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

• Originally posted by Zoid View Post
                      But OTOH, all of us have played enough Civ to know that war is inevitable sooner or later. And to be miffed that someone declares war on you (and then follows the rules - to his advantage) is quite frankly a bit lame.
                      You just cant buy Wisdom like Zoid has, it has to be in the blood!

Now, lets keep this boat afloat

Comment

• Sweet, about another 26 hours and we will have another turn

Comment

• Originally posted by Grandpa Troll View Post
                          You just cant buy Wisdom like Zoid has, it has to be in the blood!
                          You flatter me good sir

But keep it up...

Comment

• Giger is now AI, I will try to find another player. While I'm doing that what do you say to a 24h turn timer?

Comment

• Fine by me as long as people understand that could mean as little as a 12 hour timer during wartime.

Comment

• Pinchak, Black Knight 427 will take over from Giger. Any chance you can give him a cease fire while he gets acquainted with the game?

Comment

Working...
                                X