Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Grandpa Troll View Post
    Dont go away mad....................

I dont want you to leave but if you could play once every 24 hours would be nice.

The fact remains you are almost allways the last to play the turn

So you cant handle honesty?

Your not like a 10 year old are you?

Plus its just a game and thats all

Gramps
    I'm not angry at all and I know it's just a game. But it seems I am being requested to play at least once every 18 hours and I simply can't do it. Best I can do is once every 24 hours... And even then... Right now I am quite busy with work and my schedule is quite hectic... So it might be simply the best if I am replaced (another player if it can be found or AI).

Comment

• Originally posted by Pinchak View Post
      If this is truly your situation we can come up with an understanding between us for this war regarding moves.

As for the current situation, I will delay one turn of attack to make up for what was effectively (although not technically) a double move last turn.
      While I appreciate the gesture, I doesn't really compensate as you've now taken fortified position.

Originally posted by Pinchak View Post
      I think it sucks there is no ingame mechanic to deal with the whole double move thing, and I certainly don't want to benefit from a loophole.
      Agreed on that. You'd think somebody would have came up with a mod to enforce that already.

Comment

• Giger

I am going to War with you

I am going to start pillaging all I can see
        economic terrorism

Now, what else do i have to do to make this all legal?

I will declare war next turn or you can have first shot at me

Either way, its on like Donkey Kong
        Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Either way, its on like Donkey Kong
          You got that right.

Comment

• Giger, if you're serious about leaving we need to be looking for a replacement. Do you know someone or should we put out an ad in the forum?
            I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

• Giger is right, i have said that from the beginning...it is about sportsmanship....not a stupid half timer rule.

If you play your turn and get declared after there is no way to know that you have to play in half the timer.

I suggest you reload the turn that Giger asks...it is the fair thing to do.

Comment

• Originally posted by Indiansmoke View Post
                Giger is right, i have said that from the beginning...it is about sportsmanship....not a stupid half timer rule.

Your serious..

Its a game

Its also about War

War has unfortunate things happen, even unfair things...

Sportmanship?

Why even have rules if not gonna have them as guidelines..better, lets have no rules..just have at each other

Comment

• Originally posted by Giger View Post
                  You got that right.

You can take our lives..but you will never..ever..take..OUR FREEDOM!!!

Comment

Your serious..

Its a game

Its also about War

War has unfortunate things happen, even unfair things...

Sportmanship?

Why even have rules if not gonna have them as guidelines..better, lets have no rules..just have at each other
                    The "its a game" logic I don't get....People here spend a considerable ammount of the time for many months, playing this game, the least they deserve is sportsmanship for other players in the game.

Yes it is a war game, yes we will fight and someone will lose, but there is no need to do it using double moves that influence the game greatly.

So YES, press pause and wait for opponent to play, post here so that you opponent pauses after he plays, send him a PM.....something to saw that you are not COUNTING on the double move in the first place.

Yes we have rules.... but..... when there is a loophole in them that can be exploited, it is only fair to realize that and put an extar rule in place to cover the loophole.

Finnaly...if you don't care at all and it still is a game to you...I would say, go play pac man, thats a game as well.

Comment

• something to saw that you are not COUNTING on the double move in the first place.
                      I resent your insinuation that I counted on doing a double move. If that was the case, I would have played my second turn soon after the halfway mark instead of 20+ hours into the second turn. In fact, I think I actually logged in soon after the halfway mark to see if Giger played his turn (civstats was down at the time) and after seeing that he didn't I logged back out. HOWEVER, it isn't fair to box another player into a one or two hour window to play their turn because they are waiting on you to play. The double move rule using half the timer offers both sides an equal time window in which to play.

The argument that he had no way of knowing he had to play in the first half of that timer is valid, but as mentioned before he almost always is last to play his turn. There is no problem with this, that is why we have a timer, but if he can't play in the first half any other time I don't see how he would have for that turn. Giger in fact mentioned that he may need to drop due to only being able to play every 18 hours. Again, no fault of his, but it is further evidence that me sending a notification to him probably would have not changed things.

As a side note, I did not move my forces this turn to try and make up for how things played out. Giger made the argument that I was already in a fortified position but honestly I don't see how he would have prevented my current position even without the double move.

It is a glaring fault in the pitboss format, and this is in no way the first time it has been debated what the best solution is. The consensus to date is the half turn window method works best, but as is obvious here it too has its faults.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zoid View Post
                        Giger, if you're serious about leaving we need to be looking for a replacement. Do you know someone or should we put out an ad in the forum?
                        If there's no reload then yes I'm leaving. I just don't see how I can accept being double-turned like that.

Comment

If there's no reload then yes I'm leaving. I just don't see how I can accept being double-turned like that.
                          Agreed

Restart the turn

The plight of the oppressed must not go unresolved

Comment

• Originally posted by Indiansmoke View Post
                            The "its a game" logic I don't get....People here spend a considerable ammount of the time for many months, playing this game, the least they deserve is sportsmanship for other players in the game.

Yes it is a war game, yes we will fight and someone will lose, but there is no need to do it using double moves that influence the game greatly.

So YES, press pause and wait for opponent to play, post here so that you opponent pauses after he plays, send him a PM.....something to saw that you are not COUNTING on the double move in the first place.

Yes we have rules.... but..... when there is a loophole in them that can be exploited, it is only fair to realize that and put an extar rule in place to cover the loophole.

Finnaly...if you don't care at all and it still is a game to you...I would say, go play pac man, thats a game as well.
                            SILENCE CRETAN!!!

I hereby split my forces and believe you me, I have many!!

JIHAD on you too!!!

I now am at war with you..YOU MISCREANT!!!!!

You act like a demigod, I shall show you the way

~ahem~

Now, lets play Pac-Man Troll version 1.01

This is where I take a chunk out of your @R$E!!!!!

(Out of character)this is gosh-golly gee fun, taunting people, Heck, even though I dont agree with all these rules, I shall concede some anal-retentive types need them to justify their gameplay. I am harmless and am enjoying the out of game/roleplaying of whingers

Game on dudes!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Pinchak View Post
                              I resent your insinuation that I counted on doing a double move. If that was the case, I would have played my second turn soon after the halfway mark instead of 20+ hours into the second turn. In fact, I think I actually logged in soon after the halfway mark to see if Giger played his turn (civstats was down at the time) and after seeing that he didn't I logged back out. HOWEVER, it isn't fair to box another player into a one or two hour window to play their turn because they are waiting on you to play. The double move rule using half the timer offers both sides an equal time window in which to play.

The argument that he had no way of knowing he had to play in the first half of that timer is valid, but as mentioned before he almost always is last to play his turn. There is no problem with this, that is why we have a timer, but if he can't play in the first half any other time I don't see how he would have for that turn. Giger in fact mentioned that he may need to drop due to only being able to play every 18 hours. Again, no fault of his, but it is further evidence that me sending a notification to him probably would have not changed things.

As a side note, I did not move my forces this turn to try and make up for how things played out. Giger made the argument that I was already in a fortified position but honestly I don't see how he would have prevented my current position even without the double move.

It is a glaring fault in the pitboss format, and this is in no way the first time it has been debated what the best solution is. The consensus to date is the half turn window method works best, but as is obvious here it too has its faults.

What he said

Comment

If you insist on blackmail I can play that game too. I will kick you and change your password, then you don't need to leave. I've made your decision for you.
                                I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Working...
                                X