No announcement yet.

Teach me!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The dragon spreads it's wings and roars.

Comment

• If anyone can hear me through this dragon roaring... the game is down again (GameSpy crashed while I was playing my turn) and will have to be restarted.

Comment

• The Mongolian Army tastes good with Ketchup

edit: Until I'm done kicking ass I'll be using the Welsh flag on poly, rawr! Celtic power!

Comment

• So this is what teach alexman is I was always curious after seeings Nols in this game on my buddy list I just assumed alexman was some one she was teaching how to play civ though

Comment

• Blake is taking care of the teaching part here.

Comment

• Yes indeed. Very impressive.
              Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

• Vultures!

The pickings may be slim, I'm not known for blitzing slowly . (even if I love a good oxymoron)
                Last edited by Blake; October 3, 2007, 00:18.

Comment

• Thanks for the game, Gyathaar!

::salutes::

Comment

• I tried to log in this morning after installing the BtS patch and it gave me a message along the lines of the hoast having a different version of the game.

So couldn't play the turn

Comment

• Yes, if the host upgrades then players who didn't upgrade yet can still play. However, if a player upgrades and the host has not, then the player has to wait until the host upgrades...this is why I am waiting until most of the hosts in the games I'm playing upgrades first before I upgrade.

Of course, it would have been nice to have known this earlier...oh well, such is life I guess.
                      "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                      "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

• OK, I updated the server.

Comment

• Vondrack can I ask you not to be logged in all the time? You lag the game and make turns take like twice as long as they need to :P.

edit: Fast response ^^.

Comment

• Sorry, Blake, but it really did take that long to play the last turn. It was not like I was just logged in, idling - cooperating our defenses and counterattacks with Nolan was a real, ehm, logistic challenge.

And I did not log out because of your post, but because it's 2:20am for me and I should finally get some sleep.

I haven't moved anything this new turn yet, leaving it to you to kill exposed units etc. Will play my turn together with Nolan tomorrow. I mean, later today, to be precise.

Comment

• Peace in our Time

The Celts grow weary of war and extend an olive branch to all those they are at war with, with the suggestion that all accept, or none accept. If some accept and some don't accept, the peace offer will be re-extended in good will; there is no duplicity at foot (with the possible exception of feigning weakness to encourage ill-advised invasions ::smiles:: )

This is not to say that war will not return to the world, just not... for a while.

Comment

• Re: Peace in our Time

Would it be appropriate to feel a bit flattered here?

Do I read your post correctly as:

"My invasion of Japan has failed miserably."
                                "My choppers die to the kickass Japanese SAM infantry."
                                "I no longer have an overwhelming air superiority."
                                "There is no 2nd battle of Birka going to happen, alexman can keep the city."
                                "I am lacking tanks and artillery."

Anything else?

Now, trash talk aside... I can't believe you wouldn't be serious, just testing our reaction (what would you do if we agreed?), so I guess you may believe you are in no position to make any reasonable progress against the Japanese defenses now, needing time to research Artillery and Industrialism, getting yourself some tanks and arty built before going for the kill again.

Why exactly should we go for a cease fire...? Because, well, that's what you are offering - a cease fire, not true peace:

Originally posted by Blake
                                This is not to say that war will not return to the world, just not... for a while.
                                I am confused. Why should we take it? To find ourselves in a presumably worse position 20 turns later? Were we talking about peace with non-aggression guarantees etc., perhaps there would be a reason to consider accepting then, but this way...?

Perhaps I am missing something important? Are we going to die a quick death next turn otherwise? Is this our last chance to live happily ever... eee... a while?

EDIT: OK, so just Artillery it is...

Comment

Working...
                                X