Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [PBEM] Succession Game #3: Random

Updated 11/03/2005

This thread is for PBEM Succession Game # 3.

The game has started and we have our six players so this game is currently closed. Anyone interested though as an substitute in case someone here cannot continue anymore please post a reply and I'll put you down, thanks!

Game settings:

- Random civ/leader (Turned out to be Mongolian empire)
    - Archipelago (snaky landmasses)
    - All geographic options standard
    - All victory conditions

As for how many turns each of us get, let's try 20 turns first round, 15 turns second round, then 10 rounds each round therafter. Of course if these turns wind up taking alot of time later on we can reduce them further

Players (take their turn in this order):

1. Me
    2. John-SJ
    3. quinalla
    4. Cado
    5. HarvestTime
    6. moonrunner

Substitutes:

(none currently)
    Last edited by TheDarkside; November 3, 2005, 09:47.

I will gladly join in as long as you plan to reduce the number of turns once we get into the game and it begins to bog down.

Comment

Ok so how about 20 turns first round, 15 turns second round then 10 turns every round thereafter?

Comment

That sounds fine.

Later in the game though, if turns start to draw out to an hour or more to play them I will likely ask for a further reduction, or I'll just play fewer turns when it is my turn to play. Either way works for me.

Comment

Originally posted by John-SJ
          That sounds fine.

Later in the game though, if turns start to draw out to an hour or more to play them I will likely ask for a further reduction, or I'll just play fewer turns when it is my turn to play. Either way works for me.
          Yeah sounds good! As the game progresses there's no reason why we can't take fewer turns if they are starting to take really long

I'll count you in then! Thanks!

Comment

I would love to join, I was hoping someone would start a new one! I have done a few Civ3 sucession games, so I understand the basics.

The turn lengths sound good and we can always adjust it later if it gets to be too long.
            Jacob's Law "To err is human: to blame it on someone else is even more human."

Comment

Originally posted by quinalla
              I would love to join, I was hoping someone would start a new one! I have done a few Civ3 sucession games, so I understand the basics.

The turn lengths sound good and we can always adjust it later if it gets to be too long.
              Great! Welcome aboard!

Comment

I'll be starting the game tonight...

I am getting worried now though not enough people interested

Comment

I can join up if you need another player...

Comment

Originally posted by Cado
                    I can join up if you need another player...
                    Ok! Would be happy to have you aboard

Comment

Originally posted by TheDarkside
                      I'll be starting the game tonight...

I am getting worried now though not enough people interested
                      Yeah, hopefully once things get rolling there will be a couple more interested people. But if we only have 4, that will work, but hopefully we can get at least one more.
                      Jacob's Law "To err is human: to blame it on someone else is even more human."

Comment

hi,
                        i just started playing civ again and would like to join your game.

Comment

Originally posted by HarvestTime
                          hi,
                          i just started playing civ again and would like to join your game.
                          Awesome one more slot left!

Comment

Ok I'll start now and by the time we get to the 6th person's turn I'm sure someone will wanna join, if not we can continue with the 5 of us.

Archipelago / Snaky islands / Normal Speed / Noble

And the random civ the game gave us...
                            Attached Files

Comment

4000 BC: I decided to settle the spot they placed us and it's a really nice spot! We have clams on the coastal tile right next to the capitol, and just within our capitol's future workable area we will have corn and pigs! Then with the river and all the grassland tiles it's looking like Karakorum will become a huge city
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X