Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And the save...
    Attached Files
    Jacob's Law "To err is human: to blame it on someone else is even more human."

Comment

• hello fellow PBEM players,

I am trying to start a new PBEM and wondered if any of you enthusiasts are interested in joining in on that one as well next to your current game.

pls see this thread

Comment

• Originally posted by quinalla
        And the save...
        Great work, quinalla!

Love the financial improvement especially- able to bring research back up to 90% and still get surplus cash

edit: what kind of monitor did you get?
        Last edited by TheDarkside; November 18, 2005, 13:03.

Comment

• It's a Dell 24" widescreen LCD flat panel, it is awesome and CIV looks great on it Early Christmas presents are nice!

Comment

• (couldn't find a drooling smiley so this is the next best thing!)

that does sound awesome. I remember they had a great coupon for that monitor (or it might have been the 21" variety) several months ago and my friend bought it but I thought I'd be smart a wait a while for an even better deal.

...I'm still waiting!

Comment

• Yeah, got a pretty good deal on it, though it is still pricey. Just wanted to pop in and see if the game had progressed (I have been sick since saturday and still am fighting it) but looks like I didn't miss much.

Comment

• Does anyone know what has happened to Cado?

And at what point do we assume that a person who is "absent without notice" has either been called away temporarily to more important duties or has lost interest in the game?

I think that after some reasonable period of time we should continue on with that persone temporarily (or permanently) removed from the order so that those who are present can still enjoy the game.

Opinions?

Comment

• I am new to PBEM so i dont know the usual procedure in this case. We could skip Cado, but i dont care waiting a few more days either.

Comment

• Yeah I would vote for skipping Cado's turn right now, I haven't seen him around so he must be pretty busy. He can always pop back in when he's available.

Comment

• HarvestTime, that means it is up to you to play next.

Maybe now is also a good time to start using the patch in our saves? So, if you d/l the patch before you play be sure to post that so we can all make sure and d/l it also before continuing play.

Comment

• Alright, i will install the patch and play my turns today.

Comment

• I hope the patch worked; it gave me some error but Civ says it's 1.09 now.

1760: Our new colony called Samarqand has been founded. I wonder if we should build another small city to get the oil in the west:

1775: I change from Bureaucracy to Free Speech to pay for our new colonies.

1780: We discovered physics but it seems as if someone else beat us to it, because we didnt receive a great scientist. Chemistry is next.

1790: A great engineer has been born in Kara. We can use him to hurry a wonder sometime.

1795: We get Chemistry, i choose to go for Communism now.

1805: End of my turn.
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Hmm... I guess moonrunner is still having PC problems?

Wondering if we should skip his turn ...

Comment

• This might be a good idea; it seems to me as if this game is slowing down quite a bit.

Comment

• still waiting on vid card skip please

Comment

Working...
                                X