No announcement yet.

Lizzy's rise to greatness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Important!!: No one should log in now until further notice!

I finished this turn before aztec and so they can't declare war on us before i move in the following turn, and we need as much time as possible.
    It is very likely that aztec will want to start a war against us next turn, i noticed that they had pulled back all their armies from cfc and threatening our border. Right now they have the upper hand, but our strength is increasing faster, so time is not on their side. That's why we don't start war against the aztecs for some turns at least.. maybe not even if we could destroy some coastal cities.. i have 8 units loaded in transports and they threaten two aztec cities next to the inner sea.

So I think aztec should attack us because they must know that in time we would overpower them. They can destroy some of our cities along the border, it will be a strategic play to eventually defeat their army and strike back.

Comment

• there is a very long pause going on again...

Comment

• The anticipation keeps building!
        Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Seems like some movement at last. Civplayers (Aztecs) had difficulty finding a turn taker. Actually from CFC, it seems they have a small player base.
          On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

• Yep civplayers and cfc have played. Now with civfr ie Maya.

I was initially surprised at the small size of the civplayers (Aztec) team, just 6 listed in a July 2013 update.

Then again if we updated our team membership we would have just 5/6 ourselves: Mzprox, OzzyKP, Dinner, Ben Kenobi, me and Robert P.

I would guess CFC to have about 5/6 active ?

Comment

• New turn, so far the war hasn't started. Next turn we will continue the war against maya with 40 tanks and many other units. Near the aztec Our defense is getting stronger. They can still take a city, but then we could probably destroy one of theirs. If they don't attack that's fine for us. If we could avoid the aztec attack until the mayan main army is destroyed then we would send many units from there to the aztec front.
              We have 101 tanks now, our military power increased to 7,5 million from 3,6m in the last five turns.
              To Uciv I offered a 10 turn nap extension (till t255)

A notice: no one should log in still unless understand how turn order mechanism and civstats info works. ( we must finish our turn before aztec so they can't declare on us before we move). And now our turn finished.

Comment

• With Bemep, the civplayer's (Aztecs) main turn player looking for sub but then going missing and OT4E temporarily playing the turns, I can't see Aztecs rushing into war with us soon, unless it's a bluff.

Then again OT4E must be up to date with their strategy and aims and diplomacy, I would guess.

Comment

• Well from civstats there has been activity. Lots of slaving.

Maya strangely didn't seem to do much last turn.

Comment

• we slaved even more . Aztec has also started a golden age and switched to policestate+theocracy+caste system. their production will be very high.

Comment

• I'm very glad to see some extra time to build up our forces. Go Mz, go!
                      Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• This turn one of our destroyer has spotted an aztec transport threatening our silver city on one of the ice islands. Time was short (because once i logged in aztec can log in and declare war if they wish-at least I think the mod allows it), I could start a diplomatic negotiations with the aztec, asking guarantees that the transport wouldn't load troops near our city. Since the aztec representative couldn't give me that at t241 we had declared war on Aztec! War was inevitable anyway, they were not surprised at all.
                        Our destroyer sank the transport, it seems it was empty after all... but in these times paranoia rules . We will lose our destroyer next turn.
                        I considered an attack on any of the aztec cities by moving in with our main army, but overall it's too risky. so instead I focus on defense which is not easy.. we have 120 tanks, those don't receive defense bonus while enemy tanks can have +45% city attack bonus easily.. so it is likely that we lose some cities, the goal is to destroy their attacking army.

I did not delay the attack on maya, we need to reduce the threat at that front. I moved in with 81 units (39 tanks) hoping that cfc will cover our army with an other 20-25 units, so we can withstand the attack of the 50 mayan cannons +60-70 other units.

Comment

• Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

Comment

• Grave news!!

Aztec has destroyed our capital! Aurora is gone!

After this they told me that they used a trick unknown for me: apparently if they unload a general anywhere in our land from a transport and then they promote it with +1 movement it can still get to move. While i protected our borders against commando attacks this was just too much. i think this is a stupid game mechanics and totally took my will to continue this game. I thought i did everything to protect our inner cities, then this happens.
                            If anyone is willing to take over please tell me.
                            Last edited by mzprox; August 2, 2014, 07:56.

Comment

• so just you know how big loss is this:
                              a pop 20 fully built city
                              statue of liberty, : -1 pop in every city
                              holy city: about 190 gold/turn, -40% spying cost
                              Oxford university
                              Wall street

And all this because of an unknown (to me) strategy. I had all our cities covered.. I did not know that potentially they could land anywhere outside of our cities and still move as a commando using our railways:/. I think it's quite stupid .
                              I already wanted to quit a few times because this game is way to slow.. 1-2 weeks for each turn. Now this bad game mechanics trick is really the last drop.. I'm sad because this game is already going for two years, but with current speed it's an other two years.. and I don't have the mood for it.
                              Last edited by mzprox; August 2, 2014, 15:52.

Comment

• I sympathise entirely. This has been a long haul. I don't know what to say. As soon as I can I will look in.

But my gut instinct is for us to stick with it.

Comment

Working...
                                X