No announcement yet.

Lizzy's rise to greatness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks for that info. Will take a look soon.

So what's our position re wpc now. What do you mean kill WPC's slaved army? Is this to stall Uciv?
    On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

• I think he means that we want WPC cities (like everyone else) but unlike some others who have agreements to walk into empty cities, we will be going up against the WPC army since Mz declined what he considered a cheap tactic.
      Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Yes, that's what i meant.

next turn will be t200, we will attack wpc and take whatever we can before they are finished. i think we can take 4 cities. i'd like to ask you to not log in this turn just to be sure to keep this turn order (we move first).
        We finished the wall street this turn. I'm building many jails and intelligence agencies. The plan is to put ourselves to 100% espionage for a few turns and steal whatever we can from maya. even now we could make 1600+ espionage/turn and it will increase.
        I heard aztec has poisoned cfc's capital water.. glad to see they like each other .

Comment

• That might explain why I couldn't log in a few hours ago.

Comment

• Last turn you had about 40 hours to log in. after that our turn ended and the mod locked us out because RB's turn started. Btw RB is finally finished in this turn so we are not at war anymore.. we will start an other in next turn.

Comment

• The war with wpc has started. We attack from the sea and land from different directions. the goal is to capture the cities we want before their main army which right now faces aztec comes back. We have about 30 units in the war. we may face 50-60 enemy units, but the best unit wpc has is the longbowman (it is still formidable when defending cities.) We will probably lose many units, but lets hope the best.
              In the meanwhile we start preparing the war against maya. I target the t211 for war declaration.
              If you want to log in the game keep in mind that you can only do it in the beginning of the turn. After that the game blocks us. I usually don't end our turn in the first 24h so you can log in then. After we ended our turn we can't log in.

Comment

• We took two cities, we can take two more in next turn probably. Wpc has hesitated too long and did not attack aztec's army which is now in full retreat.
                So what will happen with WPC's 40-50 units.. They have sent us a letter to wait with our attack and then they will empty their cities and even gives us units. I refused it for two reasons:
                1- it might have been only a trick. For me it seems they are cooperating with uciv, they even asked us to let uciv take one of our target city. And if they don't want to fight us why they kept slaving their cities?
                2-it doesn't feel right to accept those kind of gifts, let's fight normally even if others have no problem with it.

So i attacked, we lost two units so far and killed 8. The other two target city should fall next turn with some losses on our side. Then the native american army might return and we might need to face them, but I say so be it.. at least they will not be given to uciv.
                I will contact uciv though and will ask them how much it worth them to leave one of the wpc city (arctica) to them. If their offer is good, then we can agree about it.

By now we (me and cfc) believe that maya's only purpose to help aztec. That's why I was urging a military action against maya since they helped aztec to almost take the Kremlin and free Gspy from us. We have a nap with maya which requires to cancel it 10 turn before we can actually attack. We shall do it in this or the next turn. I need to harmonize this with cfc as we should declare in the same turn.

some stats:
                We are in position number 3. in many of the important stats. food, size, gnp
                we have the biggest army thanks to our continous drafting, and we are still the most advanced though our advantage is much less. Aztec has stolen many techs from maya, but soon we will steal some for ourselves.

Comment

• I see Hercules tried to log in a few times unsuccesfully: the way to do it is to watch civstats. Now the turns are split to 3 and we can only log in in the first third and only until i end our turn. I usually leave it on for more than 24h, so there is a big enough time window for logging in.

Comment

• Thanks for the update!
                    Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• We took the two other cities from wpc we wanted, hopefully our war is over with them. We lost some rifles and cannons but overall we got these cities for cheap.
                      I cancelled the nap with maya and preparing our assault on them. I kinda hope they will not go berserk and start drafting/slaving now .
                      plan is to get railroads asap which will help us sending our troops to the frontlinje fast and also we can produce machineguns.
                      Our population is quite low now mostly because i slaved many jails/intelligence agencies. We are already producing close to 300 spy point just from them. I sent many spies to maya land, we will steal whatever we can from them.
                      In 3 turns we will have a great person and 2-3 turns after an other (finally we can stasrt producing great persons in Apolyton, it will do 100+ gp points per turn.) I think it would be a good time for golden age Ok our cities are not quite big, but we could do some nice civic transitions.

ScreenShots5.rar
                      Attached Files

Comment

• Got in. Great situation.

I never realised the power of slaving and nationhood. (Well at this level). Some cities have anger for 34 turns, yet still producing.

Most of our core cities have all major facilities for this era. Riflemen are all over the place in WPC civ Native America. Our tech rate is advanced.

Very impressed, but still work to do.

We can see research and years to go for most (if not all) other civs.

After railway is it assembly line tech next ?

Comment

• Hopefully we can start laying off on the slaving and let our cities grow a bit.
                          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinner View Post
                            Hopefully we can start laying off on the slaving and let our cities grow a bit.
                            Well that's a surprising thing a lot of our cities have grown.

Comment

• Any update. It's been a few days now.

Comment

• There is really nothing to report. Turns can last for a week now, still 3 turns till railroads. Maya doesn't seem to be preparing for war yet. Aztec is building an army, I don'T know what for. I keep sending our units to the west.

Comment

Working...
                                X