Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sounds like a fair offer.
    Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• I got this message in game from WPC. I wrote it down. It might still be there for who ever logs in next.

WPC
      'I have a better idea. Keep your rifles. I am trying to get my settler to you but he is still a couple of turns away.

When I declare war on you, take Sand and Blood. New Human River and Great Plains asap.

Sound Good

Will send an email with more comprehensive plans'
      So I guess we have been in negotiation with WPC about getting their cities to frustrate Civplayers.
      On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

• Some screens

Here is some screens from current turn.

The WPC territory being discussed.

And various score screens, overall, power, espionage and the demo screen.
        Attached Files

Comment

• more screens

and more.

Sorry site won't allow me to upload images.
          Last edited by Hercules; October 19, 2013, 20:41.

Comment

• ehh... when i saw aztec is preparing to attack wpc i sent a warning to wpc and also offered to sell them some rifles for workers/settlers. but aztec started the war earlier than expected, wpc did not answer in time, and our nap with aztec prohibits selling units to those they are at war with.

Now I'm not sure how should i feel about this war declaration.. it's too cheesy..

and yes the site has some problems, it doesn't allow uploading pictures. That powergraph in the previous post is an old one., when egypt was still alive (they have one city left btw). Our military strength is the second biggest and very close to the first one.

Aztec power is rising rapidly, soon they will take the no 1 position. They are in golden age, have a loyal friend from whom they can steal whatever they want, their organized trait helps them a lot. Our advantage is that we have better realtions with cfc, and cfc is less dangerous to us than aztec.
            Last edited by mzprox; October 20, 2013, 01:49.

Comment

• I will ask wpc to not declare war on us. Winning is a long shot, but if we do win in the end i don't want to hear it is because wpc had let us took their cities in a cheesy way. I hope you agree as we don't have time to discuss it. i have to send this message before they declare war on us. sry about that.
              Last edited by mzprox; October 20, 2013, 02:46.

Comment

• Hmm, at least let them give us units.
                Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Just use an image hosting website and it won't matter that poly's admins haven't fixed the image uploads.
                  Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• The game will be down for some days.

Some info:
                    I did some calculations and got info from our spy around the city where aztec builds the Kremlin, I think we will finish it in the same turn, then it must be 50-50% which of us gets it. A very important thing will be decided by random chance .

Aztec suggested that we make some kind of agreement. we didn't talk about it yet, but I believe they are offering that they will not pillage the wpc land close to us if we pay them something. I don't hink such a trade is a good idea.. but in any case I slowed down the aztecs by cutting some roads which are not useful to us.

If aztec pillages through wpc's land it means we can prepare better against maya. with biology and hopefully with Kremlin we can draft/slave the biggest army and crush maya for all the things they did against us . I hope to get ready about 100 units to the invasion.
                    Last edited by mzprox; October 20, 2013, 15:52.

Comment

• Wow that would be some army.

Comment

• Is there absolutely anything we can do to speed up the construction of the Kremlin?

Comment

• There is nothing at this point. I made test scenarios to find the best way building the kremlin. i sent 8 workers to Apolyton and rebuilt many farms into workshops, even destroyed the banana plantation.
                          btw game is still down, the host is moving to a new place so we have to wait.

Comment

• I miss how previous versions of Civ would let you disband units in a city and you'd get a portion of the value of the unit turned into hammers. I used to do this all the time in Civ:Call to Power and people would wonder how I built wonders so fast.

Comment

• After a more than one week long pause finally a new turn. I'll try to write a summary about all the happenings:

Kremlin:
                              I still think we and aztec will get it in the same turn. They have rebuilt villages, pastures and farms into workshops and because of their golden age and civics they have 55 base production in a pop 10 city. In comparsion we have 42 in our pop 15 city and I too turned some farms and even our pasture into workshop. Since we started building the Kremlin one turn earlier and got 80 base hammer overflow in the very first turn we can get the kremlin in the same turn and even there is a small chance that we get it a turn earlier depending on how much overflow they got. If it's less than 30 then probably we get the Kremlin, if more then we will have 50% chance.

Research:
                              We are two turns from biology, we fuel our research from the money we get for our great spy that we sold to cfc. After biology I think we should go for railroads, but we will have some time to discuss it.

Military:
                              At this moment we have the no.1 military force, we draft 1-3 rifles in each turn. Our globe theater city is working great, and in our heroic epic city we produce cannons. Once we get close to t210 we will increase our drafting efforts a big time.

General economy:
                              We are mostly building markets, banks, jails, intelligence agencies.. most of these buildings will be finished by slaving, but slaving is put to hold until we see if we get the Kremlin. We are building as many taoist missionaries as we can. in 7 turns we finish the wall street and all the taoists cities will give 3 gold/turn.

Diplomatic situation:
                              Cfc/India is proposing a nap treaty till t250. I suggest we accept it.
                              My reasoning: Aztec is the biggest threat to us all, it's quite a surprise but really they held back their true potential till this point. Their cooperation with maya is troubling. if they form.. or maybe they have already formed an alliance we must weaken it. A war against cfc would't serve us well at this moment, and against maya we are not strong enough. But cfc shares our sentiment and we think that together we can defeat maya without big losses. This war can start at t210 and it's likely that will lead to a war with aztecs too (in t230 our nap ends with them). having nap with cfc is in our interest.

As you know aztec has attacked wpc. They did this to deny us (we, india and HRE) an easy conquest. the 3 of us had nap with wpc till t200 and planned to attack. Now we rather help wpc against aztec as much as our nap allows (I just cut some roads to slow aztec down, but I t see hre gifted at lest one (unique)unit to wpc, probably more)
                              I think our focus should be to get some city from wpc, but only a few (1-3). and be sure that all our forces are ready to hit maya as soon as possible.

Comment

• Well yes I had a look in and did some screensaves, but as has been noted the site doesn't accept them. I will try again after this post.

Overall it is as Mzprox indicates. 2 turns to Biology 2 turns to Kremlin and a formidable if slaved population.

Maybe MZ could give us a more detailed account of the various diplomatic conversations.

Comment

Working...
                                X