• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Screenshots no, not working for me.
    On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

• Originally posted by Hercules View Post
      Well yes I had a look in and did some screensaves, but as has been noted the site doesn't accept them. I will try again after this post.
      As I've said before in this thread: Use a free image hosting website and just post link. For example, http://tinypic.com/ works well. Just use the page to browse to the file you want, click "Upload Now", and the paste the link found under the "IMG Code for Forums & Message Boards". The image will appear in your post and will look exactly like it was uploaded to the site.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• The reason is why i don't really post pic is that our empire grew quite big.. so what should i post a picture? cities? we have about 35 of them, it wouldn't be interesting. stats? it's more easy to write down the more important ones, but i will post the demographic screens time to time. Better if everyone just logs in time to time and spends some time ingame.

Btw bilogy will come in 1 turn, by now it's 100% that we and aztec finish the Kremlin in the same turn (I learn the method to calculate their exact progress from the espionage screen, sabotage building in that particular city option..)

other: I was thinking and I believe we should revolt to state property. it gives us one turn of anarchy and we can't found corps while we are in it, but in current situation it's just too powerful to miss it. I estimate that in 10-15 turns we will get back the lost production and money from anarchy and after that pure profit . I don't think we can have a golden age that soon anyway to free revolt.

Comment

• State property seems like a good idea. Do we have the workshops and watermills to make use of it?

What would be the research costs of picking that over Free Market?
          Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• we haven't got many workshops/watermills yet,basically 0, butstate property would save us 130+ gpt in maintenance and gives 10% production boost.We lose one trade route per city. I estimate that tobe 80 gpt loss.

Comment

• Ah, I didn't consider upkeep costs. Well that sounds good then. I'd recommend building some workshops though.

When do we find out about the Kremlin?

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Next turn as far as I can see.

And yes to State Property. Especially over a sprawling empire like ours.

In switching from Free Market I always have to think about it but rarely do the calculations.

Comment

• We got the Kremlin!
                  Aztecs even lost population in their city to get it in the same turn, but we were lucky this time.
                  I will think about whether we should revolt to state property, but for now itseems we should.

Comment

• Originally posted by mzprox View Post
                    We got the Kremlin!
                    Aztecs even lost population in their city to get it in the same turn, but we were lucky this time.
                    I will think about whether we should revolt to state property, but for now itseems we should.

I don't think it was lucky. I think it was the result of a lot of thought put into the game by Mzprox . Both in calculating what the Aztecs were planning and how they were planning to do it and then planning and calculating and getting gold etc. for us to be there with a chance.

So very well done and congratulations and done with integrity.

But of course it is just a milestone we needed to reach, to keep ahead of the others.

Comment

• Yay!!!! Awesome work!!

Comment

• It turned out that revolting to state property costs 2 turns of anarchy, so probably it is not worth it. I think we should prepare a golden age in 10-15 turns and do some transitions.
                        I did massive whippings in this turn, i held it back for some turns to see if we get the Kremlin, but from now we should use slaving more often.

Comment

• Well, that is a big win. That's one of the best wonders in the game and absolutely the best if you plan on military action.
                          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• an update:

Aztec basically retreats from their war with wpc, they pillaged some towns, but otherwise their war attempt was unsuccesful. WPC slaved many spearman and longbowman and aztec did not have enough units to cut through.

WPC has declared war on cfc and uciv! they did this so cfc and uciv don't have to break their nap, but really it is ridiculous. uciv gave units to wpc against aztec. then wpc gives those units back, declares war on uciv and empty their cities so uciv can take them.. similar with cfc.. they even received a gg just for free.
                            As you remember I told wpc some turns ago to not declare war on us, because it is a cheap tactic.. really.. is it wpc who declares war on the half of the world or just cfc and uciv breaking thier nap, I think it's the latter. I consider them nap breakers, but i don't care. what I care about is that 4 cities, 1/3 of current wpc's should be ours. unfortunately we might need to fight for them unlike cfc and uciv, but whatever.. i feel better if we don't abuse game mechanics.

because of the lots of wars the turns are taking long. it's t197, in a few turns we must cancel our nap with maya and soon we need to mass draft an army against them. (btw after bilogy our globe theater city can produce 14 rifleman in 15 turns )

Comment

• Lots of interesting turns in that report. After all the big victories they had over RB it is fascinating to see them turned back by little WPC. Was there any fighting or units lost?

Comment

• wpc has slaved many many units so eventually aztec's units got damaged and couldn't advance. Also they did not had too many units left after the war (they just swiched to nationhood and started drafting) Aztec has lost some units, but it is likely that now we will have to kill wpc's slaved army.. (since they seems to empty thier cities to uciv). ( by cutting some roads we slowed down aztec's reinforcements and also it was us who warned wpc about aztec's imminent attack, they probably could had taken some cities in our area if we hadn't done that., they took a city in the south, but probably they will leave it soon.)

some more info:
                                current research plan is steam power/railroad. we need railroads to send our reinforcements against maya fast.
                                I plan to build many jails and intelligence agencies and then spend turns on 100% espionage so we can use spies against maya.

Comment

Working...
                                X